Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

v Leeds (H) Predictions

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Please, please Nuno get the team out on the front foot and don't let Leeds take control. Let's try and put in a 90 minute performance; if we do 2/3-1.
Please please, don't get wound up in the first ten minutes if/when Leeds are forcing the issue - because it's likely to be how the game goes early on

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not going to be easy, cant see us keeping another clean sheet against them think there will be goals both sides, think it will be either 3-3 or 3-2 either way.

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3-1 Wolves big Willy to score 2 and Silva 1

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
2-0, Jose to get off the mark and a Neves wondergoal from 40 yards.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we might have a shot on target in the first half. If we do that then anything is possible.

Wolves 1 Leeds 0. Saiss to score.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Fairly certain Kalvin Phillips is out for them, which is a plus. Not the remotest idea on the score. Depends which Wolves turn up...

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One thing for certain is that if we have a first half like on Sunday, the game won’t be there for us when we come out for the second half.

We need to be switched on and play however we need to to get the win. I will have no issues with us playing like an away team to an extent and looking to break on Leeds when play breaks down.

It’s one of those games where the blueprint is there and we are more than capable of following it, the players just need to produce their individual performances and we should beat them ok.

Im going for an optimistic 2-0 here. Neto and Silva with the goals.

Corporal Hicks

Groupie
Reaction score
Not got a great feeling about this one, think it could be 2-1 to Leeds.
We did a job on them earlier in the season but that was when we were a bit more solid defensively, I’m not that confident our back line can hold out from what us likely to be wave after wave of attacking intent.
Likewise unless Neto comes up with the goods I’m struggling to see where goals will come from.
I’m thrilled we’ve got recent points in the bag but I still think we have limitations at the moment...happy to eat humble pie if we turn them over in style!

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is one of those games where the score could be anything 4-0,1-5, 3-3, 0-0...and you wouldn’t be surprised.

Whether we can score more than Leeds is a question but I’m going for a 3-2 thriller.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A counter attacking masterclass from Neto and Traore, 2-0 victory.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I fancy us to win this.

Think we are a bad opponent for Leeds as we are prepared to sit in deep and counter attack.

If they happen to get the first goal though, it could all go a bit crazy...

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There was a stat mentioned on the Athletic podcast that Wolves have gone 14 games without scoring first in the Premier League. That's the second worst run in Premier League history, only beaten by Man City in 1996.

Hopefully we'll score first on Friday and end the run.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There was a stat mentioned on the Athletic podcast that Wolves have gone 14 games without scoring first in the Premier League. That's the second worst run in Premier League history, only beaten by Man City in 1996.

Hopefully we'll score first on Friday and end the run.

I have forgot what it looks like to see us score 1st in the Prem

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I never make predications, its a crazy idea, especially this season, but surely we're due a comfortable 3-0 win just on the law of averages

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3-2 after going 2-0 down and the mix explodes
Ive a feeling it could very well go something like that
They will come out like an express train,its what they do,doubt we can hold out with our current fragility,but they always tire, and are fragile defensively themselves, so a come back is always on the cards,if we can find our scoring boots

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leeds will start at 100mph as per usual and will leave loads of gaps as per usual. Play most of the game in our half keeping it tight and hit them on the break and we should get the points. As I said in another thread, they're tailor-made for how we played last season on the break and one thing you know about Bielsa is we're not going to see any surprises in how they approach the game

3-1
This. Get the feeling we’ll see standard low energy fist half, wear them down, knick it 2nd half.
Remains to be seen if we’ll start with inverted wingers, which could improve the quality of the low energy 1st half.
Leeds are famed for run and run and run, but they cannot do it at full throttle for 90 mins. Just like they couldn’t in our last meeting, like Southampton couldn’t, like Citeh couldn’t, each of them battering us to some extent in the first half.

Will be interesting to see how the full pitch man-mark looks if Traore manages to get on one and surge through the middle of the pitch.

geowolf

Reaction score
If Neto, Traore and Semedo carry on where they left off at saints then I think we'll have a bit too much for Leeds. Going for a regulation 2-0 win.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ive a feeling it could very well go something like that
They will come out like an express train,its what they do,doubt we can hold out with our current fragility,but they always tire, and are fragile defensively themselves, so a come back is always on the cards,if we can find our scoring boots
Ironically they did the opposite against Arsenal...

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It could be anything.

I know some don't like to hear it, but they are a great team to watch with the way they attack. I was watching them against Arsenal at 4-1 down thinking if they get the next goal this could be really interesting. Okay, they did, and they still lost, but that's the mindset they've created among most fans. And, that's at Arsenal away.

With the way they play, predictions are very hard. I expect they will have lots of chances, and we will have lots of situations on the break.

Traore must be the single worst player for them to come up against in the Premier League, because nobody can stop him one vs one, and Neto wouldn't be far behind. So, that's our clear way of playing, and the thing about Leeds is that you know they aren't going to change to try and stop Traore or Neto. It really is attack is the best form of defence.

I'd expect both teams to score, but anything from 4-1 to 1-4 genuinely wouldn't surprise me.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
It could be anything.

I know some don't like to hear it, but they are a great team to watch with the way they attack. I was watching them against Arsenal at 4-1 down thinking if they get the next goal this could be really interesting. Okay, they did, and they still lost, but that's the mindset they've created among most fans. And, that's at Arsenal away.

With the way they play, predictions are very hard. I expect they will have lots of chances, and we will have lots of situations on the break.

Traore must be the single worst player for them to come up against in the Premier League, because nobody can stop him one vs one, and Neto wouldn't be far behind. So, that's our clear way of playing, and the thing about Leeds is that you know they aren't going to change to try and stop Traore or Neto. It really is attack is the best form of defence.

I'd expect both teams to score, but anything from 4-1 to 1-4 genuinely wouldn't surprise me.
Nice one.

Definitely is ‘attack is the best form of defence’ v ‘defence is the best basis to attack from’

Nuno v Not-Nuno for sure.

Reckon we have the edge in Neto and Adama to help swing it our way…...perhaps with a screamer from Nevo too. :)

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Put in the hard yards, concentrate and no silly mistakes and either of Jose or Silva are likely to score 0:2 to Wolves.

Nivada

Reaction score
Another 2-1 win after going behind, very similar game to Southampton, Leeds come out like a freight train first half but we manage to only concede one and put the pressure on second half.

Lycaon

Reaction score
I have forgot what it looks like to see us score 1st in the Prem
Always remember a saying back in the 70’s which went along the lines of “whatever you do, don’t score the first goal against Liverpool as they’ll punish you for having the temerity to do so!”
Not suggesting for a minute Wolves are anywhere near that mantra but it’s not the end of the world if we do concede first!

Coffer Wolf

Reaction score
Its about time we had a good win without having to hide behind the sofa..........

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
1-3. Not sure why, just feel pessimistic
Weirdly I feel optimistic for a change! We've had a confidence boosting win and played well in the second half...and Leeds just let in 4 and have a few injuries.

The only game Leeds have won with Phillips not playing was when they thrashed Villa at Villa Park. We won't be as open as that and our inverted wingers will win us the game 2-1!

Back
Top Bottom