Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

v Arsenal (A) Predictions

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Should make for an interesting game as the league position along with the telling + and – stats are pretty much equal as it stands.

The onus is on them to make the running to change it up; we on the other hand need to start to show the Jota move isn’t the clanger it might seem to be…..Neto, Pod, Adama and Donck need to start to validate the chosen replacing ‘better solution’ for Nuno.

Got a feeling we will do it. :)

1 – 2.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Two teams who can’t score many goals. This has got a cautious, don’t lose 0-0 all over it particularly with us being away from home.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Arteta is under massive pressure but they did a job on us last time out (although it could have been different had a couple of moments for Traore gone our way)

1-0 win, Jimenez, and a swathe of complaints that we were 0-0 at half time again

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The last time we won at Arsenal I was there and it was my 31st birthday, September 1979. I am now 72. The score was 3-2, with Andy Gray scoring two. He had just been transferred to Wolves for a record breaking £1million. An Arsenal fan standing next to me on the old North Bank at Highbury said "A million pahrnd? I wouldn't give yer a million pence!"

About ****ing time we won there again. 1-0, Jimi.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It all depends if Nuno puts out our ultra conservative negative side - if he does I would go for an Arsenal 1-0 win. If he's a bit more adventurous I will go for a 1-1.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The last time we won at Arsenal I was there and it was my 31st birthday, September 1979. I am now 72. The score was 3-2, with Andy Gray scoring two. He had just been transferred to Wolves for a record breaking £1million. An Arsenal fan standing next to me on the old North Bank at Highbury said "A million pahrnd? I wouldn't give yer a million pence!"

About ****ing time we won there again. 1-0, Jimi.
Remember that game well. We paid nearer to £1.2m for Gray I believe. Heady days and we got him thanks to that inflated fee we got for Steve Daley. Time we won again.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Arsenal and us are the two teams with the fewest goals in our matches. Based on that, you'd have to go for it being a low scoring match. And if Nuno reverts to 3 at the back, it's even more likely to end up 1-0 or 0-0. However, if we use the 4 at the back formation, then it will result in a more open game, as it did the other night. I don't think this is too unfeasable either, given this is an Arsenal team that has scored once in 5 games, they are far from an attacking force. And I think there's a danger that if we use our "stay in our own half for the first 45 minutes" tactics, we will be inviting Arsenal on to us and to build confidence.

I'd be tempted to open with 4 at the back, maybe Coady on the bench, go for taking the lead, then revert to 3 at the back and close the game out when in the lead. Put them on the back foot from the start, keep them quessing as to how we will be set up. However, reverting to 3-4-3 (or even 3-5-2) at the start and aiming to keep it at 0-0 for 70 minutes before a final push at the end is the more likely Nuno approach.

I really don't like Arsenal. Beating them is too good be true - it's once in 40 years now! So I go for 1-0 Arsenal, with us afterwards complaining that we were too negative.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We played Arsenal into form after lockdown last season, they were there for the taking with a weakened/ poor defence and we didnt attack them...... I hope Nuno has learnt from that.
1-1
And Andy Gray was near £1.5m a record transfer at the time.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was pleased with second half against the saints so I fancy us to get the breakthrough here early in the first half. Add another early in the second and just about stave off a late comeback to win 2-1. Either that or they get a late pen by VAR for 2-2 in the 97th minute.

Last edited:

IrchyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think we'll get basted if we don't perform over 90 minutes for the entire time.

Back
Top Bottom