Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Using other peoples tickets

T

Tettenhall Wolf

My mate can't go to the Everton game through ill health, so offered me his ticket for my son.

My mate is over 65 and my son is 6. We sit in a 4, surounded by other Season ticket holders.

It's my lads last chance to see a PL game (1 cup game and 1 friendly attended before).

Question is, will I get hassle at the turnstyle on Saturday?

Both are concessions ages, so it's not like we are taking food off the Moxey households dinner plates. Sure, the T&C on tickets say not transferrable, but will they really be sticklers? Most people do this if they can't attend a game.

I was concidering copntacting the ticket office, as I'd hate to tell my lad he can go, then have problems on the day.

I hope for some common sence and good will to prevail......

Anyone had experience of a similar situation?

L

liquidatorwolf

No you won't - with the new ticker scan system both would show up as yellow, if the stewards do check, they would be pretty friendly about it if you explain what's going on. What can they exactly do, give you money for the downgrade? He'll be fine TW.

J

Jungleee

Stewards will hopefully use their common sense but it's worth contacting the ticket office anyway. Just don't give your seat details etc, just give the situation.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Where are you sitting, Tettenhall?

When I used my sisters neighbours Billy Wright ST for the Arsenal game, I put the (credit type) card into the slot and the turnstile opened.

None of the stewards standing around the turnstiles knew the type of ST card I was using.

They did do a bag search on me though...

T

Tettenhall Wolf

Cheers guys. Concidering what a crap season it is, he will love going (certainly more than me), so I will tell him tonight.

If we do get any problems, we can make a lot of bad PR for the club. so as you all say, hopefully common since will prevail.

I'm in the Steve Bull Upper, Berlin Wolf.

Berlin Wolf

Reaction score
Good luck Tettenhall, hope your son sees us win.

tiggerkev

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Where in the SB upper Tettenhall ?

I can't see any problem with the ticket our have been borrowed a few times.

Big Mack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm in SB Upper and let someone else use it for a game while I was away. They had no problem at all. Hope your nipper enjoys the game.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where are you sitting, Tettenhall?

When I used my sisters neighbours Billy Wright ST for the Arsenal game, I put the (credit type) card into the slot and the turnstile opened.

None of the stewards standing around the turnstiles knew the type of ST card I was using.

They did do a bag search on me though...

What sort of bag was it Berlin? Louis Vuitton type Shoulder bag or more a Chanel clutch bag type? :D

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Put him through first - you hold on, if there's any hassle stay in the turnstile - they'll soon let you through when they see the queue backing up behind you.

Dont expect you'll get any trouble at all just steer clear of the ticket hut

C

Captain Bertorelli

You'll be fine with the turnstile operators, however, try not to parade the tickets in front of the stewards who stand outside who check bags etc. Once your past those you're fine. Friends of mine have used an OAP tickets loads of times.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stick the card in. No one gives a $$$$ you'll be fine.

J

Jameswwfc

done it with my daughter a few times, nobody takes any notice

C

cooper_J

When I can't go I give my ticket away, my mates have never had any bother getting in.

T

TommyWilms

I would go to ticket office before kick off and exchange for a child's ticket. My mates son often can't go and we just upgrade it on day so one of our mates can go in. Just saves any hassle in case it's picked up on.

Berlin Wolf

Reaction score
What sort of bag was it Berlin? Louis Vuitton type Shoulder bag or more a Chanel clutch bag type? :D

I wish it was Mark.

Just a rucksack with overnight stuff, and items from the club shop, as I was staying at my nephews flat in Manchester city centre after the game.

Haven't been to Wolverhampton railway station since using the football specials to places like Ipswich and Coventry in the 70s. But that is a good, quick service from Wolverhampton departing 22:16.

A number of Wolves fans on it, many got off at Stafford, a few got off at Stoke, and a handful at Stockport and Mcr Piccadilly.

T

Tettenhall Wolf

Just for the record, here is my experience.

I decided to write to the ticket office and posted it Monday.

Received a call (voicemail) on Wednesday from them saying that it was no problem and they'd print a junior ticket off for my son which I could collect.

I then got another call yesterday to see if I got the message.

Good, timely and polite service. Credit where credit is due.

I know a lot of people have not had good experiences with the ticket office. Are they raising their game or was I just lucky?

J

Jungleee

Received a call (voicemail) on Wednesday from them saying that it was no problem and they'd print a junior ticket off for my son which I could collect.

I know a lot of people have not had good experiences with the ticket office. Are they raising their game or was I just lucky?

Probably saw this thread!

B

Bostin

Make sure you have the £6 admin in your pocket to hand over when you collect your ticket

Mr Sizzle

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Probably not alot on with no one buying tickets:)

As you say, credit where it is due. It would be great if we got this and many other areas into shape.

Back
Top Bottom