Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

USA v CANADA......Friday.

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score
My Canadian friends and relatives get on my tits telling me how wonderful their country is. They always taking the **** out of England and our ways..

I keep telling them Canada is just a glorified Scotland so **** off!!

Sorry to go off topic but had to get this off my chest..
My Mom was getting evacuated to Canada in the War as a 12 year old, but the transport before the one she was booked on got sunk so the plan was cancelled, so I could have been Canadian which would have been a pain as I hate the cold.

D

Deleted member 3518

My Mom was getting evacuated to Canada in the War as a 12 year old, but the transport before the one she was booked on got sunk so the plan was cancelled, so I could have been Canadian which would have been a pain as I hate the cold.
Could have been worse, you could have been Scottish.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cold?......depends where you live. My wife has relatives in Winnipeg, gets really cold there some winters. I hate the cold too, went down to -3 last year.....thought I’d die! :)

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lucky for you she stayed in Tropical England. Have you stepped foot outside lately?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And you call yourself Canadian?!

For the record, we all know Canada is just a glorified Finland, not Scotland. They don't even play hockey in Scotland. ;)
I’m Irish, we’re practically neighbours.

D

Deleted member 5276

Well at least one of us enjoyed the game,Florida.:) I thought we would have played better. Although Canada at least still have nine points so it’s not all bad.

The Canadian game plan was blown within two minutes and having been around the US team a little in the lead up to the game, it was clear they were seeking revenge for the 2-0 loss last month.

Canada were a mess but they have done well to be unbeaten to that point given the lack of overall quality they have. Bojan is probably going to be fined given how he treated the ref., who was correct in the decisions he made re: the trick of flicking the ball up to yourself and heading back to the keeper.

My photos from the game are at : USA 4 Canada 1 - Concacaf Nations League - FloridaLeisure if you are interested.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Canadian game plan was blown within two minutes and having been around the US team a little in the lead up to the game, it was clear they were seeking revenge for the 2-0 loss last month.

Canada were a mess but they have done well to be unbeaten to that point given the lack of overall quality they have. Bojan is probably going to be fined given how he treated the ref., who was correct in the decisions he made re: the trick of flicking the ball up to yourself and heading back to the keeper.

My photos from the game are at : USA 4 Canada 1 - Concacaf Nations League - FloridaLeisure if you are interested.
Great pics....thanks for posting.Are you a pro? Was surprised to see the US playing in red. Is that their 3rd. strip?
I presume the pics of the ladies are of US Women’s team?
Btw, several times I was impressed with the fans’ chanting.

D

Deleted member 5276

Great pics....thanks for posting.Are you a pro? Was surprised to see the US playing in red. Is that their 3rd. strip?
I presume the pics of the ladies are of US Women’s team?
Btw, several times I was impressed with the fans’ chanting.
Yes..been shooting a number of years. Been shooting Orlando City since inception. Often being the only media member being present.
As regards other photos... I enjoy shooting the crowd as much as I do the action. Gives me a focus when the action is boring!
Poor turn out IMO but most locals are apathetic about giving any money to Orlando City at present. Jez Moxey is a saint compared to what goes on at OCSC. :)

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Yes..been shooting a number of years. Been shooting Orlando City since inception. Often being the only media member being present.
As regards other photos... I enjoy shooting the crowd as much as I do the action. Gives me a focus when the action is boring!
Poor turn out IMO but most locals are apathetic about giving any money to Orlando City at present. Jez Moxey is a saint compared to what goes on at OCSC. :)
My mate is a longstanding Orlando fan (pre-MLS), he's just north of Sanford. He had ST's for many years and took me to a game when I visited him. He now watches more Wolves games than Orlando and gave up his seats a few seasons back, like you say apathy set in as they lose more than they win and seem to be in a downward spiral. Such a shame as they had real potential when they joined MLS.

D

Deleted member 5276

My mate is a longstanding Orlando fan (pre-MLS), he's just north of Sanford. He had ST's for many years and took me to a game when I visited him. He now watches more Wolves games than Orlando and gave up his seats a few seasons back, like you say apathy set in as they lose more than they win and seem to be in a downward spiral. Such a shame as they had real potential when they joined MLS.
Put bluntly, the front office hasn't got a clue what they're doing. It stems from the top as the owner appointed his friend as CEO. The guy has a disdain for fans, media, his own staff and even some of the players. As such, it is generally an unhappy place.

Having been there since day one, I saw the momentum build and it became a movement. Then ego's started to get involved around the time the club became an MLS team and they started turning people off. We had fans being banned for next to no reason and a lot of inconsistency in the decision making. Many of the good folks who built the club left and there's practically no-one left from the old days who has a real feel for what was accepted as the normal... ie., a football family.

Two seasons running over 60,000 went to the season opening game and the atmosphere was fantastic. Since the move to the new stadium fans have gradually been filtering away. So much so that despite reports of crowds of over 20,000 the reality is that it is closer to 14,000 in the ground.

I've found myself ostracized once because I chose to write a piece defending a player after comments by the CEO. Essentially they banned me until Jame O'Connor came back and he got me back in. Sadly, by dismissing him, it appears they've learned nothing. It won't be too long before Miami start playing and I can already predict they will finish in a higher position than Orlando.

Unfortunately, nothing is going to change until new ownership comes in. Flavio, the current owner, is a nice guy but his insistence on sticking with his mate as the CEO is a huge mistake and that doesn't look like it is going to change. Sadly, someone would have to pay in the region of $500 million to buy the club and there aren't too many around who would even look at it let alone do it. It's ridiculously over valued for what it actually is but that's where we're at because Flavio won't sell for anything less IMO.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Put bluntly, the front office hasn't got a clue what they're doing. It stems from the top as the owner appointed his friend as CEO. The guy has a disdain for fans, media, his own staff and even some of the players. As such, it is generally an unhappy place.

Having been there since day one, I saw the momentum build and it became a movement. Then ego's started to get involved around the time the club became an MLS team and they started turning people off. We had fans being banned for next to no reason and a lot of inconsistency in the decision making. Many of the good folks who built the club left and there's practically no-one left from the old days who has a real feel for what was accepted as the normal... ie., a football family.

Two seasons running over 60,000 went to the season opening game and the atmosphere was fantastic. Since the move to the new stadium fans have gradually been filtering away. So much so that despite reports of crowds of over 20,000 the reality is that it is closer to 14,000 in the ground.

I've found myself ostracized once because I chose to write a piece defending a player after comments by the CEO. Essentially they banned me until Jame O'Connor came back and he got me back in. Sadly, by dismissing him, it appears they've learned nothing. It won't be too long before Miami start playing and I can already predict they will finish in a higher position than Orlando.

Unfortunately, nothing is going to change until new ownership comes in. Flavio, the current owner, is a nice guy but his insistence on sticking with his mate as the CEO is a huge mistake and that doesn't look like it is going to change. Sadly, someone would have to pay in the region of $500 million to buy the club and there aren't too many around who would even look at it let alone do it. It's ridiculously over valued for what it actually is but that's where we're at because Flavio won't sell for anything less IMO.
It's a real shame, I started following them through my mate and went to one of their first MLS games just after that first 60k crowd when Kaka was playing. My mate regularly attended wearing his Wolves top and said he'd spoken to a few Wolves fans over the years, maybe including your good self.

D

Deleted member 5276

It's a real shame, I started following them through my mate and went to one of their first MLS games just after that first 60k crowd when Kaka was playing. My mate regularly attended wearing his Wolves top and said he'd spoken to a few Wolves fans over the years, maybe including your good self.
Yes, I probably have met your friend...may have spoken to him at the USA v Canada game if he was at it! A couple of Wolves fans were there and we had a chat.

Back
Top Bottom