Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

USA v CANADA......Friday.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Canada takes on the US in Florida on Friday, 4pm, pacific time.
A win or a point would help us for next World Cup. Some viewing details for those in Canada. Although we beat them 2-0 last month, the US has a very good home record.

DON’T MISS OUT! WATCH & SUPPORT #CANMNT
Concacaf Nations League match to be broadcast free and live

On November 15th, Canada’s final Concacaf Nations League group-stage match against the USA will be broadcast free of charge nationwide. Rights holder, Mediapro Canada, sealed agreements with Bell, Rogers, TELUS and SaskTel to air OneSoccer’s broadcast live making the match available to nearly six million Canadian TV households.

WHO
Mediapro Canada seals deal with Bell, Rogers, TELUS and SaskTel allowing the final Concacaf Nations League group-stage match (USA vs Canada) to be broadcast free of charge across Canada.

WHAT
LIVE OneSoccer Broadcast of Concacaf Nations League, USA vs Canada

WHEN
November 15, 2019.
Pre-Match Coverage
: 6:30 PM EST/ 3:30 PM PT.
Kick-off: 7:00 PM EST/ 4:00 PM PT

WHERE

• OneSoccer
  • Bell Satellite TV Ch 832 HD
  • Bell Satellite TV Ch 399 SD
  • Bell Fibe Central Ch 994
  • Bell Fibe Atlantic Ch 549
  • Bell MTS Ch 1801
  • Rogers, Digital TV Ch 368
  • Rogers, Ignite TV Ch 430
  • TELUS Optik TV 997 SaskTel
You can also watch the game at any one of several viewing parties being held across the country

Last edited:

paulhick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is an air of apathy towards our own national side at the moment ( just look at the half empty Wembley full of screaming kids and women last night) so cant see many getting excited for the yanks v neighbours ding dong derby.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is that really good Canadian striker playing ?
Well we have a couple but I hope Alphonso Davies who the Vancouver Whitecaps sold to Bayern for $20 million, scores.
He scored in the last game.
Another to watch is Jonathan David, who is our best scorer this year. He plays for Belgium side Gent,

Last edited:

BrierleyHillWolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Well we have a couple but I hope Alphonso Davies who the Vancouver Whitecaps sold to Bayern for $20 million, scores.
Another to watch is Jonathan David, who is our best scorer this year. He plays for Belgium side Gent,
thats the one , the guy with two first names.

i've heard he's over rated though :p

D

Deleted member 4382

No no no no no. Please don’t start rabbiting on aboot David Jonathan again.

We really don’t care aboot him or Team Canada Soccer

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In a few years time when David and Davies are playing for Barcelona you will all look back at this time and say that Vancouver guy was right :p

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Should never dismiss anything offhand.

Two-footed, certainly knows where to be and how to put it away.

Real cute and tidy finishing for sure.

Could well be in time if our own Cutes doesn't top the pizza in a way that hits the spot we might have to consider an alternative.

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watch out for Alexei Lalas. He's a great soccer player and will definitely be the leading defense MVP tonight. His stats show that he is likely to jump and hit the ball away with his head, which is a valid move in soccer.

Cobi Jones is another one to watch. Him and John Harkes will kick some maple ass.

JuliusCaesar

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The BIG one!

(incidentally, Davies is better than David. Pulisic is better than both.)

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Could well be in time if our own Cutes doesn't top the pizza in a way that hits the spot we might have to consider an alternative.

Ok, it’s a good highlight reel. But look at what he’s up against.
Surinam, Haiti?
Just last night, Montenegro made Winks look composed, sharp, focused and creative.

Very first clip in second vid, no chance he gets away with that loose touch in the prem.
The cover is miles away and reacts soooooo slowly.
As for the Belgian league, Wesley looked good in it.
Premier league bias is a very strange thing. Sometimes over-rated or exaggerated, in some ways taken for granted, in the sheer frenetic pace and quality throughout the table.

Definitely knows how to finish, dribble, some good movement too. But would be just as big a gamble as Cutrone is currently proving, with our lad at least having done it to an extent in one of the big leagues.

Can’t take him too seriously until one of the better leagues takes a punt on him, or he gets a stepping stone type move somewhere like France, mid-table Germany/Italy.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Looks like he good give Sylvan Ebanks-Blake a run for his money.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Surinam, Haiti?
Just last night, Montenegro made Winks look composed, sharp, focused and creative.

Very first clip in second vid, no chance he gets away with that loose touch in the prem.
Premier league bias is a very strange thing. Sometimes over-rated or exaggerated, in some ways taken for granted, in the sheer frenetic pace and quality throughout the table.

Definitely knows how to finish, dribble, some good movement too. But would be just as big a gamble as Cutrone is currently proving, with our lad at least having done it to an extent in one of the big leagues.

Can’t take him too seriously until one of the better leagues takes a punt on him, or he gets a stepping stone type move somewhere like France, mid-table Germany/Italy.

Yes.

The lad is only 19.....just one to keep an eye on.

You just don't know how good these players can become in time, but if you have a trained eye it's possible to bag a real bargain before their value soars and bigger teams become competition.

At a similar age Luiz Suarez was putting a few away for some team called Gronigen in the Dutch league.

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watch out for Alexei Lalas. He's a great soccer player and will definitely be the leading defense MVP tonight. His stats show that he is likely to jump and hit the ball away with his head, which is a valid move in soccer.

Cobi Jones is another one to watch. Him and John Harkes will kick some maple ass.

Few sweet top-bodies from the 18. Let's hope this match off doesn't end in a tie.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe Wolves should send a scout to check out that wonderkid striker they have :D
He's actually mostly played midfield this year for Gent. Plays striker for Canada because we only have Cavallini.

He's one of the best players in Belgium playing two different positions at 19.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
@Hawkguy ......you gonna watch?
Unfortunately no. I had to work all day. 90% if Fridays I take clients to hockey games. So I'm stuck rinkside.

Although checking the score I'm glad I missed out. Ouch.

Still stay in League A next Nation's League, but qualifying for the World Cup is going to be a bit harder now.

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surinam, Haiti?

Wesley was 3 years older than David and David had a better production rate last season than Wesley.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unfortunately no. I had to work all day. 90% if Fridays I take clients to hockey games. So I'm stuck rinkside.

Although checking the score I'm glad I missed out. Ouch.

Still stay in League A next Nation's League, but qualifying for the World Cup is going to be a bit harder now.
I came on late, saw reds score, presumed it was Canada but the states are in red....we in white.
Jeez

D

Deleted at request of member 4337

Could have gone on the today's games thread there's no wolves players involved no interest to anyone else but the yanks! :p
Let's have a thread for every separate game played! :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 4382

Could have gone on the today's games thread there's no wolves players involved no interest to anyone else but the yanks! :p
Let's have a thread for every separate game played! :rolleyes:
Aren’t you interested in the progress of David Johnson or whatever he is called?

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is an air of apathy towards our own national side at the moment ( just look at the half empty Wembley full of screaming kids and women last night) so cant see many getting excited for the yanks v neighbours ding dong derby.

Half empty? 77,277 at Wembley on Thursday night for a game against Montenegro. Would be surprised if there was a bigger crowd anywhere in Europe this week.

paulhick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Half empty? 77,277 at Wembley on Thursday night for a game against Montenegro. Would be surprised if there was a bigger crowd anywhere in Europe this week.
So so sorry for not counting all the people there but it looked very empty on tv.

D

Deleted member 5276

Was at the game last night and the US simply over powered Canada and now just need to beat Cuba to secure a last four place. The US are a hit and miss team at present as they try and bring some younger players to replace the mainstays of the last decade.

Canada were very poor and that was amplified when Alphonso Davies decided to flick the ball up and head back to his keeper a minute or two before half time. Miljan Borjan went ballistic at the ref and how he stayed on the field I don't know as clearly he and Davies didn't know the rules about a deliberate trick.

The US won at a canter as Zardes grabbed 2, Morris got the opener and Long scored in between. I'll have some photos from the game later on and will post a link for anyone vaguely interested.

Nice to see DaMarcus Beasley honored for his 126 caps for the US team before the game. A good servant and a really nice guy.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was at the game last night and the US simply over powered Canada and now just need to beat Cuba to secure a last four place. The US are a hit and miss team at present as they try and bring some younger players to replace the mainstays of the last decade.

Canada were very poor and that was amplified when Alphonso Davies decided to flick the ball up and head back to his keeper a minute or two before half time. Miljan Borjan went ballistic at the ref and how he stayed on the field I don't know as clearly he and Davies didn't know the rules about a deliberate trick.

The US won at a canter as Zardes grabbed 2, Morris got the opener and Long scored in between. I'll have some photos from the game later on and will post a link for anyone vaguely interested.

Nice to see DaMarcus Beasley honored for his 126 caps for the US team before the game. A good servant and a really nice guy.
Well at least one of us enjoyed the game,Florida.:) I thought we would have played better. Although Canada at least still have nine points so it’s not all bad.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
My Canadian friends and relatives get on my tits telling me how wonderful their country is. They always taking the **** out of England and our ways..

I keep telling them Canada is just a glorified Scotland so **** off!!

Sorry to go off topic but had to get this off my chest..

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My Canadian friends and relatives get on my tits telling me how wonderful their country is. They always taking the **** out of England and our ways..

I keep telling them Canada is just a glorified Scotland so **** off!!

Sorry to go off topic but had to get this off my chest..
I’m sorry that your Canadian friends and your family are not civil around you when discussing England. You can’t choose your family but you can choose your friends. However, like most people everywhere, Canadians are generally a decent bunch.

As for getting this off your chest.....lead by example with your friends and family. Show them how to be gracious and civil instead of being coarse. That’s how a glorified Scotsman would wisely handle it....you’ll feel better.:rolleyes::)

Back
Top Bottom