Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Up and at them

YamYamWolf

Reaction score
Today we are playing our toughest game this season. Against a team that will win 90 percent of their games this year. This isn't a forgone conclusion though!

Let's make molineux a fortress. Lets get behind the lads from the first whistle till the last. If we concede, keep singing your heart out. Lets make the molineux rock.

This won't define our season but I just have a feeling we may be pleasantly surprised today. Enjoy the day all.

Win, lose or draw, FWAW.

Last edited:

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Going to be a great atmosphere hopefully the boys will do us proud.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
tenor.gif

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we have the same start as we did against Leicester we'll make chances again. One of them goes in this time and it'll be interesting.
But 90 minutes is a long time against City....

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
If we have the same start as we did against Leicester we'll make chances again. One of them goes in this time and it'll be interesting.
But 90 minutes is a long time against City....

I think we expect that there will be long, long periods in this match where we don't have the ball, and are very deep in our own box defending. City do that to pretty much everyone, on the opening day of the League they beat Arsenal away and absolutely cruised it, never got out of first gear tbf. We've gotta make the most of the chances we do get, and hope that the luck that we never had at Leicester, we get today. We can do it!

W

Wolf86

Going into the game expecting nothing out of it so anything else is a bonus

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking forward to it, nervous yes, but this is what we wanted Premiership football for, for days like this, and to see teams like this. Just a few words to the fans and players, go out there enjoy it, and lets get behind our guys from start to finish..

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m buzzing for this now

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They are going to hurt us badly!! Lets hope it doesn’t affect confidence too much and that we can get on the winning trail soon!!

One win and we will be on our way! The beauty of football is that it could happen even today!!

COYW!!!!!

Wswolf

Reaction score
Keeping city to 2 goals today should be the target. Doing that will feel like a win especially if he doesnt provide the back 3 with a defensive midfielder to give them some cover

Lisas Husband

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They are going to hurt us badly!! Lets hope it doesn’t affect confidence too much and that we can get on the winning trail soon!!

One win and we will be on our way! The beauty of football is that it could happen even today!!

COYW!!!!!
This is how I feel. One minute I'm fearing a thumping and then I revert to type and figure we have a new found quality which we've not had for generations, of which we can now compete in this league.

So I guess I'm leaning towards a favourable result for us. Even a point is huge, and their fans on their forum have been very kind towards us.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Yes indeed. Give them all we have....hope the clappers are out for this one, we can’t be risking them great periods of relative silence.

What we don’t want is to sit there in some stupefied state with mouths agape.

What we do want is to stun them instead…..having come to play in our lair unnerved they must be.

#WeAreWolves!

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we expect that there will be long, long periods in this match where we don't have the ball, and are very deep in our own box defending. City do that to pretty much everyone, on the opening day of the League they beat Arsenal away and absolutely cruised it, never got out of first gear tbf. We've gotta make the most of the chances we do get, and hope that the luck that we never had at Leicester, we get today. We can do it!
Never got out of first gear but Arsenal missed a boat load of sitters. It's a different game if you are chasing it - shape goes.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It can be done. Sharp minds are required, ah electric atmosphere, do not negativity to creep in, this is arguably the best team that English football has ever seen.

Make it a fortress, the players give 100% and maybe, just maybe, we upset the applecart.

We can do it!

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
It can be done. Sharp minds are required, ah electric atmosphere, do not negativity to creep in, this is arguably the best team that English football has ever seen.

Make it a fortress, the players give 100% and maybe, just maybe, we upset the applecart.

We can do it!
We really can!!!

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No point sitting back trying to ride the shots, you'd need a massive Ali rope-a dope to pull that off and would likely end up being banjo'd like 'uddersfield last week, lets just go toe to toe and ****ing have at em

Swing away boys

Lisas Husband

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No point sitting back trying to ride the shots, you'd need a massive Ali rope-a dope to pull that off and would likely end up being banjo'd like 'uddersfield last week, lets just go toe to toe and ****ing have at em

Swing away boys
Big George was on his own in there, City have numerous big hitters.
Like you say, go toe to toe and hopefully put a few of their' big hitters' off their stride.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
City are a team that plays football, there only weakness if they have one, is defensively they are not great, so the best form of defence is to attack them, in other words just play our normal game...

dmcmaho3

Reaction score
Up to 13/1 on 365 now! Worth a tenner that.

****. I thought i'd covered all bases with my bet last night. Got 10/1 for the win and 11/2 for the draw so a fiver@10s gives £55 and £2 @ 11/2 gives £13 so either way I'm up on the deal. But 13/1 is even better. Of course, the plan falls to pieces if we lose but in that case, I'm already miserable anyway.

iantendo

Reaction score
Even if we lose we can make a statement that we are up there with the best teams in the league by giving them a game. Make other teams see coming to Molineux as a tricky fixture and not a place where they should be picking up 3 points. Going to be a cracking game either way!

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are up against the best PL team in years.

Excited and apprehensive in equal measures !!

All I ask... just give them a game. !

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If, on MOTD, they say "Wolves were very well organised and gave City problems", then I'll be happy. Maybe Nuno will have shown the team highlights of the 1974 final and told them "you have to better this to *really* be the best Wolves team in the past 50 years".

Statues outside the ground for the entire team if we get a result!

D

Deleted member 4594

****. I thought i'd covered all bases with my bet last night. Got 10/1 for the win and 11/2 for the draw so a fiver@10s gives £55 and £2 @ 11/2 gives £13 so either way I'm up on the deal. But 13/1 is even better. Of course, the plan falls to pieces if we lose but in that case, I'm already miserable anyway.
Dropped back to 11/1 now mate, must be running scared from my £12 bet :D

Back
Top Bottom