Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ultra's groups

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For those who saw the Palace game tonight, would you agree those two ultras groups made the game brilliant they created so much atmosphere.

Whats peoples thoughts on them ? I personally like them, could pave the way for fans to take control of some of the game again, but then again could cause hooliganism to rear its ugly head

AW

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They just come across as a bunch of pikies.

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder if Palace have started banning some of these Ultras for persistent standing??

Or maybe they haven't got a jobsworth council.

A

Ashfield Wolf

The atmosphere was great from what I could tell from the TV

D

Deleted at own request (WeAreTheWolves)

Dont know if we have the chance but we should look to support anyone who would want to do this at Wolves!

I know Pulis has done brilliant but the fans support has also been a huge factor in their great season.

W

WasStefan

They're class. Hope WV1 turns into something similar eventually.

M

Mr Wolf

James if it causes trouble then it causes trouble but I don't think having a group of lads sat in certain sections singing & waving flags will turn into a riot everyweek. The Southbank is full of old boring men & girls right now & I think we need proper run 'ultras' sections to get the atmosphere going again.

el gringo

Reaction score
James:

what do you mean by "fans to take control of some of the game again."

The_Blade

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can you even take a big flag into molineux? They won't even play our song before the game which has naughty words in it.

R

reanswolf

Crucial thing is a tight knit ground with stands close to the pitch. Believe me that is the key.

The_Blade

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally, I don't think it would happen. There is a fine line between creating that scene without it spilling over into trouble.

Uncle Festa

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They've always had fantastic fans even before this ultra tag came about. When I used to live in South London, I would go and watch the occasional local teams back in the late 80's, and the Palace fans were the best out the lot for atmosphere. Far far better than ive ever witnessed at Wolves even during the same period when we were a lot more rowdy, creative, and loud.

S

StourbridgeWolf

They were noisy last season at Molineux

They were brilliant weren't they? I think they only took a few hundred as it was a midweek game, but they never shut up with that "We love you" song.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They are brilliant, just look at the impact it has on pretty much all the other areas of the ground too.

I think part of WV1's issue is that they are at the back, if they moved down to SL1/SL2 they'd have far more success. You can't really see them when your in the south bank.

#WV1toSL1

Once it gets going properly like there's has you can only see more and more people wanting to join in.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Penk Wolf

Bm5Pw_JCUAADKnK.jpg

P

procrastination wolf

Cringiest fans in English football.

I thought the Palace fans were fantastic. Not cringeworthy at all. Running o the pitch to celebrate a shot hitting the side netting - now that's cringeworthy.

I'd love WV1 to emulate the Palace fans.

W

wolvesultra

I thought the Palace fans were fantastic. Not cringeworthy at all. Running o the pitch to celebrate a shot hitting the side netting - now that's cringeworthy.

I'd love WV1 to emulate the Palace fans.

WV1 do (well I wouldnt say emulate Palce in particular but that style of visual displays + singing constantly) its the rest of the Southbank that need to follow suit.

The Homestade ultra group started probably not to disimilar to our own WV1 group over in the right ha nde side. But now look that has arguable spread across a majority of the stand.

People say they want to see the WV1 lads move central etc, I disagree the WV1 lads in S1 are just the start. I want to see it spread not move, imagine a southbank where pretty much everyone in it were (affiliated atleast) to this Ultra type group....now that would be bloody fun!

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
WV1 do (well I wouldnt say emulate Palce in particular but that style of visual displays + singing constantly) its the rest of the Southbank that need to follow suit.

The Homestade ultra group started probably not to disimilar to our own WV1 group over in the right ha nde side. But now look that has arguable spread across a majority of the stand.

People say they want to see the WV1 lads move central etc, I disagree the WV1 lads in S1 are just the start. I want to see it spread not move, imagine a southbank where pretty much everyone in it were (affiliated atleast) to this Ultra type group....now that would be bloody fun!

It started in the bottom corner of the lower tier though, they need to move down the front so people can see them imo.

W

we8wba

Palace fans are decent I think

Loads of noise that's what counts

Problem WV1 we in S3 who sing can't hear have the chants just mumbling

We need WV1 to expand first n become louder before it will catch on across the stand

R

reanswolf

I tell you physical structure of any ground is the pre-requisite for good atmosphere.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Just out of interest, what distinguishes an 'Ultra' from a fan who just sings and shouts a lot?

Oh, and yes, the Palace fans generally make a very decent atmosphere.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a repertoire of songs from Palace! They have taken over from Portsmouth as the best fans in southern England. Very organised and damn good drummer to boot. We would need both, preferably the Dhol drum, which is our identity, so we would need to persuade Moxey to reverse his stand on this.

I suggest Punjabi Wolves and WV1 get together to frame a petition about a) the drum and b) allowing members of both groups to re-locate to their chosen area of the South Bank.

J

Jack

Moving down the front wouldn't help, as it would dissipate the noise…always louder at back as closer to roof. It just needs more people getting involved and letting it spread.

As for Palace being great supporters what a load of tosh. Before this group, we'd regularly go down and take the mick noise wise…the play-off semi was like a home game for us.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Moving down the front wouldn't help, as it would dissipate the noise…always louder at back as closer to roof. It just needs more people getting involved and letting it spread.

As for Palace being great supporters what a load of tosh. Before this group, we'd regularly go down and take the mick noise wise…the play-off semi was like a home game for us.

Agree with both points, but they are noisy now to be fair. Does show that their group is working though to be fair.

J

Jack

Agree with both points, but they are noisy now to be fair. Does show that their group is working though to be fair.

They are tremendous now. Fair play to the fans who stood by their convictions and the club for facilitating their efforts.

I

imaJUNGLIST

would be amazing if we could do this type of thing in the south bank...

imagine a giant wolf head making it down the SB..

would cost some proper cash to achieve but something id put my hand in my pocket for. or the club could stump up some cash :cool:

Back
Top Bottom