Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Tyler Roberts

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you watch Roberts he seems to have no fear and bags of confidence as well. Always a very good sign.

KFordOriginal

Groupie
Reaction score
Seen him a few times and he’s a ****y young fella with plenty going for him. I would ask how many 17-19 year olds move from U23’s to premier league first teams, pretty much no one.
I bet we will only get 2-3 academy players every 10 years end up as first team regulars, that’s not a negative and I would imagine it would be the same for most if not all premier clubs.
Most if they are lucky will end up abroad, championship or lower level players given away or sold for 100k to 1m. But I would like to think our academy has helped them get to have a decent career in football.

Last edited:

Ned Stark

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I will always vent on here on some threads when I want to express how I feel about certain issues at the club and have been called out today for it, perhaps unfairly, but not on a thread like this. As I say, I dont like and hate other posters insulting and getting petty digs in at other posters when they dont agree with what they are saying etc but just dont agree with bringing up anything else on this thread when our under18's have had a fantastic achievement today and Tyler Roberts looks a real prospect,
So to be clear: you reserve the right to vent on threads of your choice but you don’t think this is one of those so nobody else should.

Or have I missed something?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So to be clear: you reserve the right to vent on threads of your choice but you don’t think this is one of those so nobody else should.

Or have I missed something?

I give up. You've clearly got an agenda pal. This coming from a poster who slates others for daring to show critical views on any thread on here. On the relevant threads I will criticise if that is how I feel but not on this thread about a young player who has done so well today. Your previous posts on this thread agreed with this point so it just makes you look like you have an agenda against me and cant wait to get a dig in, a bit like when you lied about me on another thread earlier in the day due to your clear anger at anyone who dare have a critical view point of any aspect of the club.

Last edited:

Ned Stark

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I give up. You've clearly got an agenda pal. This coming from a poster who slates others for daring to show critical views on any thread on here. On the relevant threads I will criticise if that is how I feel but not on this thread about a young player who has done so well today. Your previous posts on this thread agreed with this point so it just makes you look like you have an agenda against me and cant wait to get a dig in, a bit like when you lied about me on another thread earlier in the day due to your clear anger at anyone who dare have a critical view point of any aspect of the club.
Just trying to understand what you said, if I’m wrong you can explain.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just trying to understand what you said, if I’m wrong you can explain.

You understand fully what I said. I get you clearly have a dislike of me. Put me on ignore if you have such a huge problem.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cant say i saw anything in the clip that says "special" just a very good goal, but anyway thats as negative as it gets from me
They do seem a very good set of players coming through,and that can only be a huge positive for the club
Even if only one or two take that very big step up to the first team its great for all concerned, and a big well done to the academy

Yep, good goal and good to see players running with the ball with end product.... but he was given plenty of space without much pressure from the opposition.
Hope to see more of him and his peers.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
this place is officially toxic

every thread no matter what it starts out to be about is sabotaged by this kind of **** but this beats the lot, the first response is a moan, ffs it takes all the life out of the place, its just an endless drivel of negativity doom and pessimism

Yet you choose to slate me for as good as supporting your view on this very thread. Very very strange and looks like you have got an agenda against me. Not a good look when you lied on another thread about me earlier in the day to get a cheap shot in as you don't like any posters on here daring to offer a critical view point in on relevant threads.

Ned Stark

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You understand fully what I said. I get you clearly have a dislike of me. Put me on ignore if you have such a huge problem.
Well you’ve just done a huge edit on your post since I replied to it, bit dodgy tbh but all I’m advocating is that people stick to the topic of threads as they are originally described and avoid inappropriately diverting them to raise issues of their own choice when that is not what is being discussed. I personally don’t think that is very controversial.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair, I don't agree with the amount of venting from Jos but his statement on here is absolutely fair and kudos to him for that.

Thank you. Must admit I have been a bit taken aback by his attacks on me on this forum today. Never really had many issues with him before. I get he doesnt agree with me but the tone of his posts against me are a bit strange.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well you’ve just done a huge edit on your post since I replied to it, bit dodgy tbh but all I’m advocating is that people stick to the topic of threads as they are originally described and avoid inappropriately diverting them to raise issues of their own choice when that is not what is being discussed. I personally don’t think that is very controversial.

Huge edit? What are you on about? Don't Lie again Ned. Not a good look. Your agenda aint a good look pal.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very impressed by that.
It's interesting, how different people "see something special" in young players, while others see nothing at all. I know the defenders were ragged, but pace is pace, regardless of opponent. And we have a couple of first teamers who couldn't replicate what Tyler Roberts did, because they just don't have that ability to run at speed with the ball stuck to their foot.

The difficulty with young players is that there are so many obstacles along the way - injury alone must cause many to fall short of the potential they show at 16/17/18. Attitude less so, but it can be a problem. Long way to go, but looks like he has potential to go to the top.

On attacking play being "coached out" of our players, I really don't think it is under Bruno. Though under Nuno, to an extent it possibly was, for the good of the overall team organisation, make us super-hard to beat first. Often see Bruno yelling at them to go forward and move faster. It's a habit and default fallback option from before, probably. Hopefully shouldn't affect new players.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very impressed by that.
It's interesting, how different people "see something special" in young players, while others see nothing at all. I know the defenders were ragged, but pace is pace, regardless of opponent. And we have a couple of first teamers who couldn't replicate what Tyler Roberts did, because they just don't have that ability to run at speed with the ball stuck to their foot.

The difficulty with young players is that there are so many obstacles along the way - injury alone must cause many to fall short of the potential they show at 16/17/18. Attitude less so, but it can be a problem. Long way to go, but looks like he has potential to go to the top.

On attacking play being "coached out" of our players, I really don't think it is under Bruno. Though under Nuno, to an extent it possibly was, for the good of the overall team organisation, make us super-hard to beat first. Often see Bruno yelling at them to go forward and move faster. It's a habit and default fallback option from before, probably. Hopefully shouldn't affect new players.

Agree. What I like about Robert's is he looks fearless and seems confident. I can see him having a very good career if he keeps working.

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thank you. Must admit I have been a bit taken aback by his attacks on me on this forum today. Never really had many issues with him before. I get he doesnt agree with me but the tone of his posts against me are a bit strange.
You really can't take it to heart JOS. Anyway Roberts and Fraser looking good.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You really can't take it to heart JOS. Anyway Roberts and Fraser looking good.

I know mate but its a bit difficult when a poster is lying on not just this thread but another thread today to get cheap shots in at me. I find it very strange and not a good look. Agree on Roberts and Fraser. Lembikisa looks very good as well.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're 8th in the Premier League not 8th in league 1. You all need patience and perspective, we play at a very high level.

Fabio was a leading u18 striker in the whole of Europe a couple of years ago.

The talk of replacing current first teamers is nonsense. If you get 1 youth player getting in the squad every couple of years you are doing very well at this level.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're 8th in the Premier League not 8th in league 1. You all need patience and perspective, we play at a very high level.

Fabio was a leading u18 striker in the whole of Europe a couple of years ago.

The talk of replacing current first teamers is nonsense. If you get 1 youth player getting in the squad every couple of years you are doing very well at this level.

Agree with a lot of what you say there Stafford. I do think we have probably one of the best if not the best group of u18 players I have ever seen at the club though. Lembikisa and Roberts I could see involved with the squad before the end of the season. Not saying they will start but maybe on the bench at times.

Ned Stark

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Huge edit? What are you on about? Don't Lie again Ned. Not a good look. Your agenda aint a good look pal.
I have told no lies and have no agenda.

For the record I have nothing against critical views of the club or of any other institution for that matter but I prefer them to be expressed in the appropriate place and to not bleed into discussions of other matters unnecessarily which is what I believe tends to happen on here and makes it an unpleasant environment for general discussion.

Threads have titles for a reason but it seems many on here don’t respect that principle and are happy to bring whatever issue they want to talk about into any thread they choose and at the current time that seems to be critical views about the club, FOSUN, Jeff Shi, the transfer window etc etc. You can have those views if you like, you are perfectly entitled but when they constantly metastasise into other threads then I will take issue with it and to be honest I don’t care what people think about that.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have told no lies and have no agenda.

For the record I have nothing against critical views of the club or of any other institution for that matter but I prefer them to be expressed in the appropriate place and to not bleed into discussions of other matters unnecessarily which is what I believe tends to happen on here and makes it an unpleasant environment for general discussion.

Threads have titles for a reason but it seems many on here don’t respect that principle and are happy to bring whatever issue they want to talk about into any thread they choose and at the current time that seems to be critical views about the club, FOSUN, Jeff Shi, the transfer window etc etc. You can have those views if you like, you are perfectly entitled but when they constantly metastasise into other threads then I will take issue with it and to be honest I don’t care what people think about that.

You have lied and you know it. Huge edit? Thats a lie for starters. You then accused me on another thread earlier today of being critical etc on every thread which was again a lie.

I can tell you dont care as you are so rude to other posters on here at times as you clearly dont like any criticism of the club and revert to sarcastic and quite angry posts against any posters who dare be critical.

Again I suggest you put me on ignore as you clearly have an agenda against me as seen by your posts and inaccuracies/ lies against my posts today.

It isnt a good look and to be honest people can accuse me of being critical etc but lying is a bad look mate.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apologies to all on this thread for this above. I didnt intend this to happen but felt the need to respond when all I had done was be positive about a very good prospect at our club but for whatever reason another poster has chosen to take a pot shot at me after doing it on another thread today.

Ned Stark

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
You have lied and you know it. Huge edit? Thats a lie for starters. You then accused me on another thread earlier today of being critical etc on every thread which was again a lie.

I can tell you dont care as you are so rude to other posters on here at times as you clearly dont like any criticism of the club and revert to sarcastic and quite angry posts against any posters who dare be critical.

Again I suggest you put me on ignore as you clearly have an agenda against me as seen by your posts and inaccuracies/ lies against my posts today.

It isnt a good look and to be honest people can accuse me of being critical etc but lying is a bad look mate.
I was in process of replying to a short post of yours and then it changed to a longer one as I was doing so, maybe that's something to do with the software I don't know but that's how it seemed to me so if that's the case then so be it but I'm certainly not lying.

As to the one from earlier today the term 'Every thread' was clearly to be taken in context and was a rhetorical way of making a point and not to be taken literally as any objective reader would understand. That is to say, any reader without an agenda.

R

reanswolf

What is good is that Wolves pay the youth team to produce quality youngsters. So in effect (as far as I am aware), they are transferred from the youth team to the 1st team squad if they are good enough, and that is the financial incentive to the youth teams.

Who knows, could be £35m heading their way!

Seriously, altho I always temper any excitement about our youngsters due to the relative paucity for many years of so-called quality players coming through (I can think of Matt Murray, Carl Ikeme, J-Lo, Jamie Smith), I do think the whole youth structure at Wolves is much better these days and I am excited to hear of these up and coming players.

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fabio is 6 months older than Tyler.
It is an interesting point and can be used to argue a few points. I would support both players to develop at the pace best fir them. I did enjoy watch Tyler yesterday and this interview. Well done to him.

Back
Top Bottom