Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Two months ago today..

S

SCB

..it seems like years. But great to watch.
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asD3w0ppjF0"]‪Stephen Hunt (wolves) goal worth £80m and survival in the premier league 2010/2011‬‏ - YouTube[/nomedia]

Absolutely horrible day until Hunt & Pavlouchenko saved the moment
:cool:

Strats

Reaction score
One month ago today ...
"I was as happy as a lark, I'd go for walks, to the movies, maybe to the park. I'd have a seat on the same old bench and watch the children play, ya know, tomorrow's their future but, for me, it's just another day ................................"

One for the 'older persons'
;-)

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great moment, Just watching that made my hairs stand on end.

What an emotional day it was, and that is why football is the greatest sport.

Arcadius

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I was in a total daze! I thought we would still go down when that goal went in!

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
..it seems like years. But great to watch.
‪Stephen Hunt (wolves) goal worth £80m and survival in the premier league 2010/2011‬‏ - YouTube

Absolutely horrible day until Hunt & Pavlouchenko saved the moment

I'm sorry SCB but why do people persist in mentioning Pavlyuchenko's goal ?? It was [and remains to be] completely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

Hunty scored the goal which saved Wolves in 2010/11 -- end of --- and this should never be forgotten by any Wolves fan IMO.

D

Dewsburywolf

I'm sorry SCB but why do people persist in mentioning Pavlyuchenko's goal ?? It was [and remains to be] completely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

Hunty scored the goal which saved Wolves in 2010/11 -- end of --- and this should never be forgotten by any Wolves fan IMO.

Going into that final game we needed to equal or better two other teams' results (West Ham being already down) & we did. How it happened (ultimately) was, indeed, irrelevant.

Even if Birmingham had drawn we would still have survived

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One month ago today ...
"I was as happy as a lark, I'd go for walks, to the movies, maybe to the park. I'd have a seat on the same old bench and watch the children play, ya know, tomorrow's their future but, for me, it's just another day ................................"

One for the 'older persons'
;-)

Have You Seen Her - The Chilites. Great song.

OsloWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Agreed. We should all tattoo "HUNT 12" on our backs! :adore:

W

we8wba

never wish to go through that again

still great to watch and this gives me more goosebumps than the promotion qpr day nowdays

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Going into that final game we needed to equal or better two other teams' results (West Ham being already down) & we did. How it happened (ultimately) was, indeed, irrelevant.

Correct. Hunt saved us after that Pavluychenko's goal was totally irrelevant.

M

Mr Wolf

You make no sense, we needed to equal 2 teams results yet if Blues would have drawn we could/would have still stayed up despite us losing, thats not equaling 2 teams results.

I would hardly say a goal 3 mins from time that pushed us out of the bottom 3 was irrelevant either.

D

Dewsburywolf

You make no sense, we needed to equal 2 teams results yet if Blues would have drawn we could/would have still stayed up despite us losing, thats not equaling 2 teams results.

I stand corrected to the equal or better bit :embarassed:

I would hardly say a goal 3 mins from time that pushed us out of the bottom 3 was irrelevant either.

Hunt's goal got us out of the bottom three - The goal from Pavlyuchenko was irrelevant as we had a better goal difference than Blues.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let's not forget the important parts played by Hennessey and in particular Fletcher in the 2nd goal. I honestly believe that if Doyle hadn't been injured, allowing Fletcher to play the last few games, we would have been relegated. Will be interesting to see who is selected at the beginning of the season.

M

Mr Wolf

Hunt's goal got us out of the bottom three - The goal from Pavlyuchenko was irrelevant as we had a better goal difference than Blues.

That makes more sense now, agree.

I wonder if we can hire that plane from last season with a banner "Hunt in the 87th" to fly over St Andrews on their first fixture the chumpionship.

mrwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
i dont think i will ever ever ever get bored from watching that, the goosebumps still kick in and the smile still strecthes across my face everytime i watch it.

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still brings a tear to the eye watching that.

It also reminds me of how wrapped up you can get in everything Wolves. I met a Man U friend of mine last Friday. Hadnt seen him since the end of the season. As we were talking he asks "by the way did ye manage to stay up". I could have strangled him.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking at that Soccer Saturday Sky coverage, I'm glad I was at the match (which was bad enough) not at home. I would have guessed (wrongly) at the end that Merson/Le Tiss' shout of goal at the end was for a B'ham rather than a Spurs one, and probably had a heart attack.

P

prawnsandwichwolf

I was nursing the hangover from hell, and ran through every single emotion during that afternoon. The blokes sitting next to and behind me were the most animated Ive ever seen. Then I sat there after Hunt scored crying my eyes out. An amazing day :)

Chiswick_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pavlyuchenko's goal was very relavant. Mathematically we can look back now an say it didn't make a difference. At the time Hunt scored we moved ahead of Blues on goals scored. At the same time, with Blues drawing 1-1, they were one goal away from sending us down even taking Hunt's goal into consideration as they would have had more points making goal difference irrelevant. Only after Pavlyuchenko scored did the task become improbable for Blues. No longer did they need one goal to win, they needed two. Hopefully this shows that it was just as important goal at the time as the Hunt one.

R

richiej95

Unbelievable day. A horrible 90 minutes but all worth it for that moment Hunt curled in that goal. For me that was the best moment I have ever had as a Wolves fan. Beat the promotion against QPR and even the Play-Off Final in 2003, because before that goal I honestly thought that was it, we had blown it and back to the Championship we would go.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My nails have just about grown back!

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pavlyuchenko's goal was very relavant. Mathematically we can look back now an say it didn't make a difference. At the time Hunt scored we moved ahead of Blues on goals scored. At the same time, with Blues drawing 1-1, they were one goal away from sending us down even taking Hunt's goal into consideration as they would have had more points making goal difference irrelevant. Only after Pavlyuchenko scored did the task become improbable for Blues. No longer did they need one goal to win, they needed two. Hopefully this shows that it was just as important goal at the time as the Hunt one.

We've discussed this before I still feel that Hunts goal wrecked them and they were never going to recover (I admit they could have). So for me IMO Hunt's goal kept us up, without it IMO Pavlyucenko wouldn't have scored. They would have played out a draw and we would be in the Chump. So from me thanks Hunty!

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We actually had the same goal difference, but 1 more goal scored. Not wishing to nit pick, but just to say how close it was!

HICKO

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was there only in spirit(and Portuguese Lager) wonderful day.
Keep the faith.

PS Don't be late for the "drunk" thread.:wavey:

A wanderer from Bristol

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let's not forget the important parts played by Hennessey and in particular Fletcher in the 2nd goal. I honestly believe that if Doyle hadn't been injured, allowing Fletcher to play the last few games, we would have been relegated. Will be interesting to see who is selected at the beginning of the season.

Disagree with this. I think the best football we played all season was with Doyle fit and a five man midfield with O'Hara pulling the strings and Jarvis and Hammill on the wings. I mean the period of time aroundabouts the beating Utd, Blackpool, Villa.

Fletcher was still crucial at the end though and I am a big fan.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
IMO if doyle wass fit we would have stayed up sooner.

But if doyle had come back only for last 2 or 3 games we would have gone down.

Fletcher's form was immaculate and he really showed us what he's capable of after a run of games.

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've discussed this before I still feel that Hunts goal wrecked them and they were never going to recover (I admit they could have). So for me IMO Hunt's goal kept us up, without it IMO Pavlyucenko wouldn't have scored. They would have played out a draw and we would be in the Chump. So from me thanks Hunty!
Absolutely! They had thrown both centre backs forward, because they knew they had to win.
Having said that I was still pretty pleased to see Pav hit the onion bag as that sealed our safety. Given he also scored the first he is still very much in my good books.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fletcher is the only genuine striker we have as was discovered in the last few games.

S

SCB

Sir
It might have been irrelevant in a table-sense. It was not in a football sense.
That was a horrible day here in Nuuk, Greenland, and the reports fron the PL did NOT sound good. In my narorw ears Wolves sounded - well, a bit downish.

And then the Hunt goal - and the Pav-goal and what ere you Wolves were back.
As Robert Plant put it "Wolves is a Paradise and a night mare"

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At halftime we were dead and buried after a terrible 1st half performance, As it happened other results went our way and the rest is history. It was a strange day with emotions changing so often

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whatever the case may be, I want to enjoy Survival Sunday as a fan of a club who has secured safety.

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed ... a magical day and Hunty's goal will live in our minds forever !

Back
Top Bottom