Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Tuchel sacked

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Regardless who gets the Chelsea job, hopefully they will go through coaches like United did since Sir Alec left and never find a consistent form of winning.

Nuno to Brighton?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Regardless who gets the Chelsea job, hopefully they will go through coaches like United did since Sir Alec left and never find a consistent form of winning.

Nuno to Brighton?
Re your last sentence l certainly hope not. He'd do a good job there.

Cuban Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
If Potter goes to Chelsea, there maybe fireworks just before bonfire night, as 29 October it is Brighton v Chelsea

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I saw Tuchel’s interview after they lost last night, he was only giving short sharp answers to reasonable questions. Maybe he knew the game was up.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really like Potter; seems like a genuine guy. In one way I want him to be a disaster at Chelsea and I do wonder how the 'big' players will take to him? All a bunch of ego maniacs. Could be like Nuno going to Spurs?

Reactions: DPE

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What could go wrong by choosing Potter?

I'm sure the vast squad of overpaid egomaniac kids at Chelsea wouldn't mind getting bossed around by a bloke who looks like he works the Customer Services desk at a local B&Q.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really hope he turns them down - better to be a big fish in a small pond maybe?

Kenny Hibbitt is my hero

Reaction score
Agreed. I doubt that he'll last twelve months.
I beg to differ.

Reports suggest they are overhauling a lot there from youth set up through to first team, all of which Potter will be overseeing.

If you look at the LA Dodgers when Boehly took over, they replaced the coach after three seasons, and brought in a young and talented manager who has been there for 6 years and won them a World Series in 2020.

Maybe he realised Tuchel wasn’t the right man (even if he did win them the Champions League sixteen months ago and is widely considered to be one of the top ten coaches in the World) and sees Potter as the long-term manager to be properly backed, like Dave Roberts at LA Dodgers.

Nah - Potter will go before the end of the season and they’ll be forced to bring in Big Sam

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The pressure must have been building on Tuchel hence his histrionics on the touchline recently. Potter is flavour of the month so no surprise they've gone for him. If he gets success great, if he doesn't he'll still be attractive to plenty of other clubs.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The game really has gone crazy. Potter is flavour of the day but the stats say he has lost more games with Brighton than he has won. The next Mark McGhee.... My prediction: Gone by Christmas. Not that he'll care that much as there will be another sucker to pay overinflated wages to him.

dennison11

Reaction score
My Brighton supporting mates are gutted by this. They're worries he's going to take all his backroom staff with him and their season is going to crash and burn

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Kieran Maguire (Brighton fan and guy who does The Price of Football podcast) posted this the other day. Think everyone realises that Potter seems like he needs a lot of time to establish his team and their way of playing. They have very gradually improved year by year. Very gradually! In his first season they finished one place outside of the relegation places and inched their way up season by season. Looks like it's coming to fruition this season, but Brighton have always had patchy form, so hard to tell.

The question is will he be able to implement his methods and create a successful team in a shorter period due to the higher standard of players at Chelsea and the much bigger budget. It's really weird that, according to reports Chelsea have been planning on giving Tuchel the sack for a number of weeks regardless of their Champions League defeat, they choose to sack Tuchel after the window splurge and just after he's brought in his chum Aubameyang. Seems bizarre.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Worst club possible for him I think. Will need time, possibly the rest of the season, to get them playing his way and get them bought into it.

Appreciate he can't turn it down as who knows if an offer like that will ever come back, but feels much better suited to an Arsenal or Spurs, when the time comes for them to change.

I think he's a great coach and Brighton are genuinely really good to watch these days so it'll be interesting.

Think he would've got approached for the England job after Christmas as well, as not sure Southgate will stay whether the World Cup goes badly, goes OK or goes all the way.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I think it is a good move, whole point of this was to change culture at Chelsea and get a long term builder in.
People are massively mistaking this sacking imo, it is just removing the last vestiges of the rotten Russian's regime.

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
Apparently, it was decided Tuchel would be dismissed before Wet Spam game.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently, it was decided Tuchel would be dismissed before Wet Spam game.
Yeah there's been quite a bit going on behind the scenes apparently. Tuchel wasn't happy that he had to play such a big role in their recruitment over the summer and (allegedly) felt he was being asked to do much more than just coach the side. Quite a bit of unrest there recently

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Nuno to Brighton?
Doesn't fit the style they play in, whole point of Brighton is sort of they can plug and play managers and keep the same style. I'd be very surprised but you never know!

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good manager deserves the chance to manage at a bigger club, be interesting to see how it turns out, but good luck to him

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good article about Potter's move to Chelsea and how money in the modern game has changed nearly everything.

Seems almost a mirror image of Mike Walker who was very successful at Norwich and moved to Everton who were a much bigger club. Ended in tears. Potter seems a very talented but modest guy and perhaps things will work out for him (although Chelsea are being run by a very strange character who may not give Potter much time to turn things around).

Back
Top Bottom