Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Triple punishment????

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Eh?

How is it a triple punishment? The ways its written you can't include the next red....
1. Pen
2. Red
3. Goal

I presume?

I've just seen the replay 10 times in five different angles and I cannot see any contact [between them],

The above is from Arteta ... it’s funny how I looked at it once and saw the contact! Made the most of said contact? Yes ... but that’s modern football I guess. By today’s standards it’s a nailed on pen.

D

Deleted member 4152

nobody cares mate. **** you and **** aresnal.

People moaning on twitter about Coady fist pumping (?) the ref at full time. Well, I remember aresnal players laughing and joking with the ref end of the game fabregas nearly split steve ward in two, with not even a free kick

Yes. I hold a grudge.

D

Deleted member 4152

1. Pen
2. Red
3. Goal

I presume?

I've just seen the replay 10 times in five different angles and I cannot see any contact [between them],

The above is from Arteta ... it’s funny how I looked at it once and saw the contact! Made the most of said contact? Yes ... but that’s modern football I guess. By today’s standards it’s a nailed on pen.
Fits well as an aresnal manager then. Wenger was always quoting ‘didn’t see the incident’. Normally for his own side tho

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1. Pen
2. Red
3. Goal

I presume?

If he was making the most of it, he did it very well. Looked perfectly natural

Wolvescol

Groupie
Reaction score

People moaning on twitter about Coady fist pumping (?) the ref at full time. Well, I remember aresnal players laughing and joking with the ref end of the game fabregas nearly split steve ward in two, with not even a free kick

Yes. I hold a grudge.
Also the time arteta himself got nenad millijas sent off and rolled around the floor like he broken every bone in his body , result was arteta got up and curled a free kick in to beat us 1-0 , what goes around and all that eh

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yes. I hold a grudge.

Bellerin can do one. Think that fist bump was from the coin toss at the start too.

Stick to saving the planet Hector. Football ain't for you.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1. Pen
2. Red
3. Goal

I presume?

Pen and Red is two. The goal isn't guaranteed, so can't be included

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suppose he didn't see the contact on Adama in the away fixture? Never a yellow!
I'm amazed that he saw the contact on Raul. Sight issues seem to be endemic in Arsenal managers... Perhaps it's a selection criterion for the post...

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pen and Red is two. The goal isn't guaranteed, so can't be included
No but I think that’s what DL might have been getting at looking back at how it unfolded. I only skim-read the article but I assumed that was his thrust was

TooMutchBull

Reaction score
Yeah but then he is unavailable for three games so it's swings and roundabouts.

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he was making the most of it, he did it very well. Looked perfectly natural
He stumbled very naturally actually, yes, but there was that little back twist that players do to “accentuate” the touch.... but it could be that I’m cynical due to being conditioned by the Premier League’s acrobatic display team!

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No but I think that’s what DL might have been getting at looking back at how it unfolded. I only skim-read the article but I assumed that was his thrust was

OK so sensationalist London journalist tries to rile up Gooners and we should agree?

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
OK so sensationalist London journalist tries to rile up Gooners and we should agree?
What on Earth are you on about?? You seemed unsure what DL meant by triple punishment and I took a guess at what he meant. How is this agreeing with him? I think you’ve misunderstood me.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone notice his hair has started to fall out since he nutted Raul? I would say there is still some more punishment coming his way..

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We’ve had more than our fair share of bad decisions, bad luck whatever so go tell it to someone who cares Luiz.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What on Earth are you on about?? You seemed unsure what DL meant by triple punishment and I took a guess at what he meant. How is this agreeing with him? I think you’ve misunderstood me.

No the article is incorrect, its a double punishment. The "triple" is attributed to the goal, which is wrong. If he'd have missed the penalty, by that logic it would have been a "single" punishment.

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No the article is incorrect, its a double punishment. The "triple" is attributed to the goal, which is wrong. If he'd have missed the penalty, by that logic it would have been a "single" punishment.
I’m not claiming the article is right, never did so I’m not sure where you got that idea. I’m guessing this is a wind up so I’ll leave you to it.

Cookyssweetleftfoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s for the harsh red against Milijas all those years ago and the vitriol spewed out of the Arsenal fans mouths on the way out of the game afterwards!

Didn’t realize it was Arteta who was rolling around. Makes it even sweeter.
Oh it was Arteta alright who threw himself ridiculously in the air and remember Van Persie running half the length of the pitch too as Arsenal surrounded the ref. Wasn’t even a foul let alone any sort of dangerous challenge.

SmokeyGB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did he see Saka 'Dive' when Boly clearly got the ball and he was waving his arms about...Nope.
Tuff ****!!

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1. Pen
2. Red
3. Goal

I presume?

Not only this incident, if Neto had gone down when breaking into the box, 2nd half, we'd have had another penalty to.

Well done Neto for not joining in with the majority and falling when someone touches your back, even though it knocked you of balance.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hector Bellerin with an interesting tweet tonight if you go and look at his twitter. I reckon he is a bit of a ******* to be fair.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not claiming the article is right, never did so I’m not sure where you got that idea. I’m guessing this is a wind up so I’ll leave you to it.

In that case apologies, I've had too much wine and am reading too many threads at once! I took umbrage at the "triple" threat. Nothing else

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stopped reading the article after "ref Paul Tierney". Must be hard to find decent journalists these days.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also the time arteta himself got nenad millijas sent off and rolled around the floor like he broken every bone in his body , result was arteta got up and curled a free kick in to beat us 1-0 , what goes around and all that eh
Finished 1 1, gervinho and fletcher scored. Hennessey had a blinder, think he made about 18 saves.

Back
Top Bottom