Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Training Ground

Deak77

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just out of interest, are you still able to go and watch the players training at Compton,and get autographs etc? Just wondered, as I know you always could in years gone by,but wasn't sure whether it had changed?

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Don't think you can just turn up, but they do open it for fans a couple of times a year.

Deak77

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok,thanks Jade,got some annual leave days coming up and had wondered about making the trip there to get some autographs,but thought it best to check first.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
I went in the summer and did this, they start coming out of the gates from 1:00pm and are more than happy to stop and sign. They do come out in dribs and drabs and you could be stood there for a couple of hours.

Apparently Nuno sometimes calls a double training session but you can’t find out in advance.

Reaction score
To be fair to him the guy on the gate is responsible for who gets through the gate and a load of autograph hunting fans can be more than an irritation. Having said that he lacks a bit in the customer services role and can be pretty abrupt/rude.

I think you can call the club to find out if they are training.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Last season, wasn't there a set day/time in the week when fans could turn up and watch the players train?

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last season, wasn't there a set day/time in the week when fans could turn up and watch the players train?

I think it could/would be a good idea if lets say 1 day per month 50/100 fans who have to be verified members of some sort (No spies) could apply to watch training, i think this would be a good PR move by the club, and make the Fans feel even nearer to the Club as a whole.

BorisWolf

Reaction score
Just out of interest, are you still able to go and watch the players training at Compton,and get autographs etc? Just wondered, as I know you always could in years gone by,but wasn't sure whether it had changed?

Autographs? That's a bit old school isn't it? I thought it was all about selfie's nowadays.

Deak77

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Autographs? That's a bit old school isn't it? I thought it was all about selfie's nowadays.
If I was a teenage groupie with a million Instagram followers then maybe so, I've just bought that E&S book about last season, as well as the other one that was out a couple of months back, so thought it would be good to get a few of the pics in there signed. Might try my luck on a matchday instead.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There’s an opportunity here for Laurie to sell various packages for access to training - a £70 gold package that gives you rights to buy a £10 ticket to attend training and a £40 silver package that puts you on a waiting list to buy tickets if they become available

Reaction score
If I was a teenage groupie with a million Instagram followers then maybe so, I've just bought that E&S book about last season, as well as the other one that was out a couple of months back, so thought it would be good to get a few of the pics in there signed. Might try my luck on a matchday instead.
You're probably better at the training ground, I got a We're Back flag signed by the squad and Nuno no problem. Only Vinagre managed to sneak past in his Smartcar

MDCCCLXXVII

Reaction score
There’s an opportunity here for Laurie to sell various packages for access to training - a £70 gold package that gives you rights to buy a £10 ticket to attend training and a £40 silver package that puts you on a waiting list to buy tickets if they become available
Tiresome. Move on.

W

we8wba

Should just do open training this season rest should be shut off

You don’t see likes Chelsea and Liverpool allowing fans in, if you want to be big team need to act like big team which they’ve been doing

Jarvo

Reaction score
I missed the open training session due to work commitments today. I was hoping to get a book signed for my lad's birthday next week. Does anyone know if you can get through the gates at the training ground like you used to or do you have to wait for the cars to arrive/leave now?

G

Guido Fawkes

Used to be able to stroll in to the training ground and watch them from the side. Ever since Lambert took charge however, that was stopped and a security outpost installed at the front gate. Nuno was more than happy for that to continue, he's not a fan of people just wandering in and watching. Besides, now we are getting higher calibre players, heightened security should of course take a higher priority.

You can still hang around outside the gate and approach players when they come out, but when you factor in training, gym work, tactical analysis, lunch etc.... you might be there a while.

Jarvo

Reaction score
I went last week at around 1pm on Wednesday. The fringe players like Iorfa and EEL were out pretty promptly, followed by the likes of Hause, Dendoncker, Ruddy and Norris. Jonny and Cav were the first two of the usual starting XI to appear and then the rest slowly followed until Jota, the last one, finally made an appearance around 4pm. My boy was very happy that he got his ball signed by all his favourites and there was a small but friendly bunch of fans there. The only players that seemed remotely bothered by it all were Doherty and Patricio. Doc obliged but barely said a word, whereas Rui seemed like he had better things to be doing and was quite moody.

D

Deleted member 4456

I went last week at around 1pm on Wednesday. The fringe players like Iorfa and EEL were out pretty promptly, followed by the likes of Hause, Dendoncker, Ruddy and Norris. Jonny and Cav were the first two of the usual starting XI to appear and then the rest slowly followed until Jota, the last one, finally made an appearance around 4pm. My boy was very happy that he got his ball signed by all his favourites and there was a small but friendly bunch of fans there. The only players that seemed remotely bothered by it all were Doherty and Patricio. Doc obliged but barely said a word, whereas Rui seemed like he had better things to be doing and was quite moody.
Given what happened at Sporting, you can understand why Patricio might be wary of the idea of people being allowed on to the training complex or to hang around near it.

MinsterWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Used to be able to stroll in to the training ground and watch them from the side. Ever since Lambert took charge however, that was stopped and a security outpost installed at the front gate. Nuno was more than happy for that to continue, he's not a fan of people just wandering in and watching. Besides, now we are getting higher calibre players, heightened security should of course take a higher priority.

You can still hang around outside the gate and approach players when they come out, but when you factor in training, gym work, tactical analysis, lunch etc.... you might be there a while.

It used to be open one day a week under Lambert if we didn't have a midweek game. I went down a few times - and they laid on refreshments. That all stopped when Nuno came in, although they did that one open training session at Compton at the start of his time, even putting up a temporary stand, and have done a couple at Molineux. I think it would be very difficult now to allow open access and as people have said above, looks like the players will generally stop at the gates where people are waiting for stuff to be signed.

Back
Top Bottom