Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Training ground renamed..

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A clever little way of getting the coffers full, to get again break the bank in Jan!

Simple extras like this, will do the club the world of good.

D

Deleted member 4456

We have plenty of toilet cubicles, staircases and janitor's cupboards to rename too. In fact why not find a sponsor for every obscure nook and cranny of the stadium so that we can gain the benefits of renaming the stadium without actually renaming the stadium? It would be a **** take as far as the rules are concerned, but that's basically what we're all about now.

D

Deleted member 5962

We have plenty of toilet cubicles, staircases and janitor's cupboards to rename too. In fact why not find a sponsor for every obscure nook and cranny of the stadium so that we can gain the benefits of renaming the stadium without actually renaming the stadium? It would be a **** take as far as the rules are concerned, but that's basically what we're all about now.

Might be a bit too on the nose though. If clubs are already looking for ways to get us done, I would try not to give them any ammo.

D

Deleted member 3573J

What are the rules regarding sponsoring yourself though when it comes to FFP? Is it ok if it looks genuine, e.g £2m a year to sponsor the training ground, rather than £200m?

D

Deleted member 5962

What are the rules regarding sponsoring yourself though when it comes to FFP? Is it ok if it looks genuine, e.g £2m a year to sponsor the training ground, rather than £200m?

Has to be done at "market rates" and I thought it didnt count towards FFP calculations, but apparently it can.

the regulations require owners to limit money put into their clubs to bankroll losses. Owners or companies connected to them cannot disguise investment by means of inflated sponsorship deals, so the Premier League, as in Uefa’s FFP regulations, requires such deals to be for a demonstrably fair market value.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we could do with a thread on this.........

Who should be sponsored by what?....

Edgy would be glenmorangie, and the Royal society for the protection of Hobbits
Jos would be pampers
Brightside ..Aston Villa
Etc etc
I would be Joe Brown shirts and hunglikeahorse.com

E

Edgmond Wolf

Jos would be pampers
Brightside ..Aston Villa
Etc etc
Love it :D:D

Glenmorangie yes please

SakosRightFoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Jos would be pampers
Brightside ..Aston Villa
Etc etc

Be honest now, you set that website up yourself didn't you

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I believe that the club can be handed whatever money the sponsor is prepared to pay, it's just that under FFP only the UEFA calculated "fair value" figure can be used toward the transfer budget.

I know it wouldn't help in terms of available transfer funds but the club still needs money to run itself day-to-day so if nothing else, we'll be financially secure from an overall business perspective.

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
“Fosun International will also benefit from a host of other marketing rights including media backdrop branding, LED advertising and static branding at Molineux, digital advertising, access to players and matchday hospitality.”

Access to their own players and hospitality facilities. Very generous of us.

D

Deleted member 4152

FFP is a load of *******s anyway, if our owner wants to give us £100m what’s the ****ing problem?
I’ve said it before but it would not surprise me one bit if Fosun were the ones to challenge it in court.

R

richwolf1973

Is there any way of finding out how much Fosun paid to sponsor Compton?

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Tbf Leicester’s late owner was the owner of King Power, who by coincidence sponsor Leicester’s stadium. Think it’s true about Man City and Etihad too? So we ain’t gonna be the first club with this kinda thing.

D

Deleted member 4382

I would be ... hunglikeahorse.com
So that’s where you get your entertainment when Mrs Oldgold is out for the night!!!
:eek::D

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve said it before but it would not surprise me one bit if Fosun were the ones to challenge it in court.
Read somewhere that a couple of clubs were hoping to challenge FFP on basis that FIFA/UEFA would run out of money before their owners did.

Last edited:

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Villa received 4 milliion for sponsoring their training ground.

F

Fast Eddie

Even Barcelona are considering sponsorship of the Not Camp.

They were pretty much the last major team to get a shirt sponsors. They wanted to keep the kit pure so didn't have a sponsor until 2006. Even then they only agreed to having UNISEF which they did not receive any money for which meant they didn't compromise the purity of the shirt. I think actually that Barca paid UNICEF to display the logo. Then a few years later they £30m a year was to much to turn down so got Qatar on their shirts. Their current deal is worth. £55m a year.

And now they are giving serious consideration to an offer made for the Nou Camp.

I think we'd have to accept a sponsor for our stadium just to keep up with the Jones' with regards to FFP.

The Anne Summers Molineux has a nice ring to it.

loopy lupine

Reaction score
Tbf Leicester’s late owner was the owner of King Power, who by coincidence sponsor Leicester’s stadium. Think it’s true about Man City and Etihad too? So we ain’t gonna be the first club with this kinda thing.
No, but it was also Man City who brought about the UEFA "market rate" ruling because they sponsored themselves massively to get round the FFP rules.

T

Torcher

Clubs selling the naming rights to their stadiums, can help with FFP, but it isn't a way around it, as it just doesn't bring in enough money to do that. If United were to sell the rights to Old Trafford, for example, it's been estimated by Duff & Phelps that it would bring in £26m a year, and for other clubs, especially outside the top six it's much less, and of course, if an owner or one of his companies wants to sponsor the stadium it has to be at market value.

Olivergoldblack

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Clubs selling the naming rights to their stadiums, can help with FFP, but it isn't a way around it, as it just doesn't bring in enough money to do that. If United were to sell the rights to Old Trafford, for example, it's been estimated by Duff & Phelps that it would bring in £26m a year, and for other clubs, especially outside the top six it's much less, and of course, if an owner or one of his companies wants to sponsor the stadium it has to be at market value.
So we should be able to get 26m for sponsoring Molineux then, if thats the market value for sponsoring a stadium. If we were to get less it would almost be discriminatory against smaller clubs.

F

Fast Eddie

So we should be able to get 26m for sponsoring Molineux then, if thats the market value for sponsoring a stadium. If we were to get less it would almost be discriminatory against smaller clubs.

Not really. Old Trafford gets far more media exposure than Molineux so the value would be adjusted accordingly.

Back
Top Bottom