Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Trade Places with West Brom?

Would you swap places right now with West Brom?

• Total voters

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will always respect the way they achieved so much and showed us what we could have done with better owners.
I wish the Baggies all the best , I want to see Wolves V WBA as a big UK match.
Like Arsenal v Spurs. And us always winning.

Y

Yout85

Sometimes the journey is much better than the final destination.

This is the important point for me... and the reason why my answer would have been "no" even if the question was "would you trade places with Man City/Chelsea?"

D

Deleted member 4152

I will always respect the way they achieved so much and showed us what we could have done with better owners.

Wish them all the best? Jesus.

Horrible club with weird fans. They are either sound or complete ****ers. Normally the latter. They call us dingles. They started this when they had lee ****in hughes, a spitting image of butch dingle. It came from blackburn calling it burnley fans so they couldn't even make up their own insult.

We boo our players. No mention of them booing sooper bob when he wouldn't sign a contract cos he wanted to go to bolton.

There was a poster on the old rivals.net boards with the username 'mat carbons tackle'. There is a post on dinglewatch mentioning costas injury with a smiley face. Charming. Stay classy handsworth.

We live in a ****hole. They live in west brom! Hill top. Friar park. Handsworth. **** holes.

Would rather give up watching football they said, than watch a team managed by pullis. Hooooof!!

Wish baggies all the best my ****.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Although my thoughts rarely stray to Sandwell,my best mate is a baggie so i have to occasionaly wander to the dark side
So lets be honest,if this question was asked 15 months ago,the poll may have looked somewhat different,despite the obvious dislike for anything past Great Bridge
They have been well run,established in the Prem,and see some of the best players in the world ,albeit in opposition, every week
Thats something we could only dream of then,as much as it galls me to say it
Now we have the funds,owners that can and will invest,players that they would love to have,and a manager with vision
Yes our journey is just beginning,and it wont be plain sailing, may even take longer than we all hope, but what a journey it promises to be
The hardest part is getting out of this league,no doubt about that,if and when we do i think we all believe that we wont settle for mid table security as they do,but aim much higher, with the investment to make that step up not only possible but probable,and the question may then be "if we could would you swap lock stock and barrel with Chelsea or Man Utd" the answer would remain the same

B

Benson

Generally speaking I rather ride a roller coaster up and down with some hope of an odd cup title or a season in the Europa League, than being stuck in the PL without any real hope or risk of anything. They are "another boring season" - Wolves are "another interesting season" (except the last Jackett one).

mcwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
on the other hand would albion swop with us ?.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was born a Wolves fan, brought up as a Wolves fan and will always be a Wolves fan.

I wouldn't swap for a Man U, Chelsea, Barcelona fan never mind a Baggies fan! I love my home town Club and always will. These are good times for us and we have waited a very long time for it to happen. Let's enjoy the ride and forget about other Clubs, especially them lot down the road!

MDCCCLXXVII

Reaction score

Horrible club with weird fans. They are either sound or complete ****ers. Normally the latter. They call us dingles. They started this when they had lee ****in hughes, a spitting image of butch dingle. It came from blackburn calling it burnley fans so they couldn't even make up their own insult.

We boo our players. No mention of them booing sooper bob when he wouldn't sign a contract cos he wanted to go to bolton.

There was a poster on the old rivals.net boards with the username 'mat carbons tackle'. There is a post on dinglewatch mentioning costas injury with a smiley face. Charming. Stay classy handsworth.

We live in a ****hole. They live in west brom! Hill top. Friar park. Handsworth. **** holes.

Would rather give up watching football they said, than watch a team managed by pullis. Hooooof!!

So David, for the avoidance of doubt, do you not like them? :)

D

Deleted member 4152

So David, for the avoidance of doubt, do you not like them? :)
Well. As i say, I have worked with albion fans in the past and they come under two categories for me. Sound blokes. Or complete ****ers. There's no inbetween. The choke season for example, quite a few at my then place of work, they lapped it up, posters, flags and generally took the ****. We had to suck it up and we did. Now the season after, when we went up and they went down, well I don't like to be rude so we returned the favour. They went ****ing mad, up for fighting and all sorts. Give it but can't take it see. Now my wife's cousin is proper albion, been going for decades, but you can, and I have spoken to him about football for hours. Great bloke that knows his stuff.

It's a ****e thread tbh, let them be obsessed with us and their 250 odd page dingle thread (that never mentions burnley)

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We really dont help ourselves with threads like this do we..

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What's all this nonsense about our project can go wrong. Its not going to. This time next year we will be preparing for premier league football. Probably with another signing or two that will shock the football world.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What's all this nonsense about our project can go wrong. Its not going to. This time next year we will be preparing for premier league football. Probably with another signing or two that will shock the football world.
This is the crux of it for me. If we get up (and it's a big if) I feel we have owners more like City's and they really will splash the cash. Whereas West Brom's won't be doing that in any time period of Sundays.

R

reanswolf

Sadly this is bang on. Though I don't wish them anything good :)-
I can't do it.

R

reanswolf

Well. As i say, I have worked with albion fans in the past and they come under two categories for me. Sound blokes. Or complete ****ers. There's no inbetween. The choke season for example, quite a few at my then place of work, they lapped it up, posters, flags and generally took the ****. We had to suck it up and we did. Now the season after, when we went up and they went down, well I don't like to be rude so we returned the favour. They went ****ing mad, up for fighting and all sorts. Give it but can't take it see. Now my wife's cousin is proper albion, been going for decades, but you can, and I have spoken to him about football for hours. Great bloke that knows his stuff.

It's a ****e thread tbh, let them be obsessed with us and their 250 odd page dingle thread (that never mentions burnley)

There are sound Baggies no doubt, and it depends what your workplace is like. The Baggy at our work wouldn't say boo to a goose, he knows his place. But he is a good lad anyway, knows his footy. Never really come across gobby ones. I suppose its different if you don't work in Wolverhampton.

R

reanswolf

on the other hand would albion swop with us ?.

No they wouldn't.

But this is a weird poll, I used to envy Albion, and maybe I would do still if we were stuck under Moxey and Morgan still, with zero ambition.

I used to envy them having a CEO who knew what he was doing strategically, I used to envy their tight-knit ground that makes atmosphere seem so much better at times, I used to envy their constant restocking of quality central midfield players, but I don't feel jealous at all of Pulis-ball, that inspires less than 22000 of their fans to regularly turn up despite lying 8th in the top flight! Incredible.

They have outperformed us on so many levels over so many years, but its as if they can't go any further and their fans are not even embracing their achievement. I expected them to be selling out every week. Their support levels should have well overtaken ours over the last 20 years, and I can't really understand why they haven't. To be fair, our support levels have remained solid, 20,000 average in the 3rd, and I really don't think there is much between us fan-base wise.

I'm not sure we will get up, we have a chance at least, and it feels great at present to have owners who are reconnecting with the fan-base.

That's as far as it goes, but just at this specific point in time, with a 30,000 sell out and new players of some quality, it just feels great to be aspiring again.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, Im a Wolves fan pure and simple, i have had many reasons over the years to change my allegiance not least those dark dark Bhatti years, when we were at our lowest ebb. I lived in an area where there are a majority of Albion fans (Cradley Heath) a few Vile, and the rest are glory hunters (Manure and so on), I have seen a growth in these glory hunter type supporters over the years, but i put that down to a lack of success by our midlands Teams over the recent years.
This brings me to another valid point as to why i wouldnt swap, British football has been dominated by London & North Western Teams for far to long they have no God given right (except for the media domination) to be so dominant, and the West Midlands as a whole is crying out for a Team to be up there with them "Fosuns" Wolves can be that Team, the opportunity is here and now lets hope that this time we can grasp it, the potential of the West Midlands is huge, and we have every chance of filling that void.

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An irrelevant club from West Birmingham that offer the Premier League absolutely nothing. Even their own fans would rather put pins in their eyes than watch Pulis football, hence why they never fill the ground out.

Blues is the big derby for us at the moment, I've completely forgotten about them.

They are on borrowed time IMO. The squad is ancient and needs investment. They'll stop up simply because the teams going up are awful and will come straight back down (apart from Newcastle).

As the Championship gets stronger, they'll know about it if they keep Pulis.

E

Essex Wolf

I would never change places with Tesco Town no matter what.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me football is about entertainment. Im not naive enough to think that if we won everygame this season 1-0 i wouldnt be elated, ultimately albions approach now under pulis of getting to 40 points by any means possible and then switiching off is awful. I live in Cradley which is very much blue and white and all the season ticket holders I know want Pulis out. They are sick of playing one up top against relegation fodder and not being entertained.
I think we are going to be trying to play football the right way and that excites me as much as the whole project. As a wolves fan for 30 years the best three seasons have involved promotion (two to the prem, one from L1) and all came from playing some great stuff. Even tho MM made us dull in the prem, the championship season we were breathtakingly good at times.
All the albion want to do now is play 5 centre backs, 4 central midfields and 1 forward and try and nick a goal from a corner, it must be depressingly boring by the middle of september.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

But how are we going to rub it in and thrash them if they are not in The Premier League with us .

5 - Lescott

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Albion are in a funny position, by this I mean they are good enough to be comfortably mid table with the squad they have, problem for me is the premier league is incredibly dull unless you have the finances to push on, our aim was to win 10 games and draw afew to get to the magic 38/40 points. Wow, how exciting!

For Albion to push on now their £10m players need to be replaced by £25m+ players IMO, even then you get one good season and the top 6/7 pull your squad apart. Should we get promoted it will be interesting to see how we fare, Fosun certainly dont seem as bothered as Albions owners about getting the cheque book out.

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
West Brom and Stoke have had the ideal opportunity to really put some ground between us and Villa.

I'm not sure if it's because players don't see them as an attractive move or if the boards won't pay the desired money or the managers can't attract the players / have the abillity to step them up to the next level.

I'm certain if Hodgson had stayed at West Brom they'd have been banging on the door of Europe.

gewolf

Reaction score
I'm the same as almost everyone else with a no answer.
Surely when, normally as a child, you begin to support a particular club that club remains 'your club' for life?
I have favourites in the Prem. because we are not there, especially among the top 6, but no-one will ever replace the club I have supported since the age of 8.

E

Essex Wolf

I'm the same as almost everyone else with a no answer.
Surely when, normally as a child, you begin to support a particular club that club remains 'your club' for life?
I have favourites in the Prem. because we are not there, especially among the top 6, but no-one will ever replace the club I have supported since the age of 8.
Spot on.

Back
Top Bottom