Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Trade Places with West Brom?

Would you swap places right now with West Brom?

• Total voters

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would you swap places right now with the ****?

Squads, owners, finances, management, league position, ground and so on...lock, stock and barrel.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They'll take one look at this thread and pee themselves.

But there is something magical happening in WV1 right now and one thing is for sure, I wouldn't trade our Chinese owners for theirs.

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They'll take one look at this thread and pee themselves.

But there is something magical happening in WV1 right now and one thing is for sure, I wouldn't trade our Chinese owners for theirs.
I hope the thread excites them as much as the Pulis/Megson brand of football they'll be enjoying next season

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I genuinely would stop watching wolves if Pulis was in charge! And unlike them lying ****s up the road I would carry out my words

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Look, it's going to be really hard to get out of this league. I went on Saturday and it was the best football from a wolves team I have seen in many years. When Jota, Neves and Rodders went off the quality dropped noticeably. But with all those fit with Coata and a new striker, we have an excellent chance.

Generally speaking Wolves and Albion have been historically similar in size, there have been times when they have had bigger crowds and times when we have had the upper hand. I do think there is something more magical about our name, logo, and colours so I do think we have more international potential and as we have been starved of success over the last 30 odd years. If we were to get to the premier league I just think Fosun and Mendes have a much bigger project in mind than what Albion's owners have the vision of capability to deliver.

They may not be able to pull that vision off, but god I want to be part of it if it's anything like Chelsea or Man City.

So no, after enduring the 4th division and Chorley (and yes I really was there) I would not swop with Albion when we could be closer to real success than at any time in the last 50 years.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Absolutely not. We're hopefully about to embark on an exciting ride to the Premier League. They're already there but in that lull of nothingness/pure boredom before they eventually get relegated and try and go again.

This for me too. Sometimes the journey is much better than the final destination.

They are obviously miles ahead of us at the moment but if we get things right, we have a much better shot of actually going on to have some meaningful success in the long-term.

D

Deleted at own request (WeAreTheWolves)

Genuinely not, and not because it's them.

A few years ago when they had Clarke/Hodgson I feared they could make Europe, which I would be jealous of.

Realistically, now they are playing an awful brand of football to finish anywhere between 8th and 14th, then repeat year after year.

Even if we stayed down this year I wouldn't swap places with them, for me they've hit their ceiling and have done for the past 5 years, the best they can do is stay the same and unfortunately for them with the money spent by others it probably means going slightly backwards.

For example, the top 6 is set in stone, Everton are more than likely to be 7th, then Albion are competing with the rest. When you look at sides like West Ham, Southampton and maybe Newcastle/Leicester and Bournemouth, they're going to have to have an excellent season to make the top 10.

Is that really that great? It must be pretty boring, then you consider the football to 'achieve' that top half finish.

Although, I must admit, it's a problem with football in general. Obviously I don't like West Brom, but as a football fan, they've done everything right. Not overspent, accepted relegation and worked there way to where they are with good recruitment and decision making. It's pretty bad that all that can do is get you a mid-table finish.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They will not be relegated with Tony Pulis as manager. But they will not push on either.

If we get promoted in the next 2 seasons, we will be ahead of them within 5 seasons.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
West Brom maybe 'established' in the Prem but they are a nothing club, nobody cares about them, they are there but they are not.
When people talk about the weekend games and results - the name West Brom doesn't even register.
Its like there are 19 teams in that league.

Last edited:

SingYourHeartsOut

"Inglorious"
Reaction score
The mood of football fans tends to be decided not on where they are in the pecking order, but on whether things are getting better or worse. On the basis that they are stagnating and we are at the start of a great adventure I'd say no thanks to the swap (plus those stripes make me feel physically ill).

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd rather be in the championship then watch that kind of football.

Rather enjoy the weekends then get to say, "well wim a mid table premurship team"

D

Deleted member 4453

The answer is in their attendances.
May be in the better position but clearly aren't entertained.

D

Deleted member 4456

The answer is in their attendances.
May be in the better position but clearly aren't entertained.
This. Would anyone here buy a season ticket to watch Pulis football? Me neither.

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The mood of football fans tends to be decided not on where they are in the pecking order, but on whether things are getting better or worse. On the basis that they are stagnating and we are at the start of a great adventure I'd say no thanks to the swap (plus those stripes make me feel physically ill).

The kits weren't meant to be part of the swap...some things are too sacred...

bananas-in-pyjamas-the-movie-movie-poster-2008-1020672062.jpg

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This for me too. Sometimes the journey is much better than the final destination.

Indeed. Me and my Leeds mate always discuss this, how we crave promotion and there's nothing better than a season in the Championship where you're up there challenging. But once you're in the PL, after a season, meh.

Derby Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
get to 40 points ASAP rinse, repeat.

It's a horrible existence once the novelty of playing big clubs and players wears off and exactly what we would've become if Mick and M and M had more nous. If we go up I have to believe it might take a few years of building but we'd eventually look for success in the cups or league.

D

Deleted member 4456

get to 40 points ASAP rinse, repeat.

It's a horrible existence once the novelty of playing big clubs and players wears off and exactly what we would've become if Mick and M and M had more nous. If we go up I have to believe it might take a few years of building but we'd eventually look for success in the cups or league.
I don't think that our esteemed custodians will wait that long to be honest.

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even if I wanted to do so, I'm not a big enough **** to be accepted as one of their bunch of ****s.

G

GNLwolf

I'd swap table positions obviously, but very little else. Maybe a couple of players, definitely not the management/ owners/ style of play.

Last edited by a moderator:

old gold barmy army

Reaction score
A scummy club with scummy fans, long my they suffer. Hope they drop several divisions.!!!!!! Wipe the smug grins off smug faces.!!!!!

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
I understand why people have their reservations about the sentiments of this thread, but ultimately, it's more exciting to be a Wolves fan than a West Brom fan, at the minute.

Yes, absolutely our new "project" could go horribly wrong and we end up with egg on our faces, again. But I'd much rather be watching that, in the tantalising hope that it might, just might, take us somewhere new, than watch West Brom. I can predict their season for you now if you like.

46 points, anywhere between 8th-15th. A really good run of form around the new year gets their hopes up for possibly cracking the top 7, but their ridiculous lack of squad depth comes back to bite them, and they limp over the finish line in May, picking up 6 points from their final 11 games. They pick up a couple of good home wins against the big boys, whose fancy-dan millionaires can't defend set pieces for toffee. Tony Pulis blames the lack of financial clout at the club, conveniently ignoring the fact that he's spent £25m on Jay Rodriguez and Jake Livermore.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely no way.

What have they got to look forward to? I've had this discussion with my Albion supporting mates a few times. He best they can hope for every season is a place in Europe, but they don't have the squad to compete so they concentrate on the league and repeat!

They are just treading water. We have the potential to be better.

R

reanswolf

The choice is straightforward - because the alternative is to be with Pulis in the Prem. I am not saying we are going up. it could all go tits up, but the Albion are apparently stale in the premiership even when in 8th place.

I can't work em out to be honest, they seem to fail to evolve even when in a great position. Not sure its all down to Pulis either.

But yes they are streets ahead of us at present, on the pitch, but there again there is an underlying magical thing about Wolves and it will be great if we can start of fulfil our potential (just like Derby, Forest, Leeds, Sheff Wed and United etc).

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
@lostwolf

Think you're in the minority mate. You are definitely lost!
Haha, looks that way :oops: my mom tells me I'm special.

It is exciting being a Wolves fan right now but we'd have been having fun in the Prem for years, having not had to buy our way there, if we were in their position. Not much in it really though as the Prem can be a bit ****. (P.S. I didnt know votes were public, how to make friends eh?)

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just let them worry about us.I couldn't give a flying **** about them.They are nothing to me,ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.;)

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They are an established premier league side and well ran whilst we are very untried and lost to Shrewsbury last week.
I think we need to reel our necks in and give our squad time.

Meanwhile they lost to Bristol Rovers and Slough Town over the weekend, they are prudently run to the detriment of the football on the pitch and a large section of their fanbase is very unhappy about it, no ****ing way would I swap places to watch that Pulisball ****e

K

kaohsiungwolf

My dad's Albion, seems pretty glum for a change at the moment after years of being a smart **** where football's concerned.

Wouldn't swap for a second, sounds like they're on the slide.

S

SavageWolf

Would you swap places right now with the ****?

Squads, owners, finances, management, league position, ground and so on...lock, stock and barrel.
I wouldn't change or swap **** all with that lot
Everything about our club is better than theirs so the current league status doesn't matter to me. We will soon be in the Prem and they will most likely be back where they belong but I hope they stay in the Prem when we get there so we can hammer the **** out of them.

Back
Top Bottom