Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Toti and Gomes suspended?

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just wondered if someone could confirm this are these two banned for the Brighton game now?

I thought at this stage of the season the 5 yellow rule was wiped out but BT Sport yesterday put a graphic up about both players missing the Brighton game after their bookings...

Could it be done on appearances maybe or have BT just got it wrong (amateur if that's the case).

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
BT seemed pretty sure both were now suspended would love it if they have it wrong. But on the plus side we do have a much better squad for players to fill in if they are. Especially as Bueno is back.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neither has played 19 games this season.

Clipboard

Reaction score
I couldn't work this one out either. Hopefully BT got it wrong! Young Joao is a great option to keep that midfield ticking.

SuziQ

Reaction score
Who is suspended or close to a ban?

According to premier league only Semedo is close to a ban on 9 yellows, so don't think they are banned

Reading that article, Semedo is no longer at risk - "Players who accumulate 10 yellow cards in Premier League matches up to and including their team's 32nd fixture will serve a two-match ban in the competition." Our 32nd fixture was the game against Leicester so if he's booked in any match after that he won't get a ban.

Gazebowolf

Groupie
Reaction score
No they won't be banned as the cut off point for a suspension for 5 (and 10) bookings has been and gone. Our only player whonis at risk from suspension for yellow card accumulation is Neves if he gets another 4 cards. But with the likelihood of him leaving in the summer that is not really relevant.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neither is suspended.

The deadline passed for us with the Leicester game - Semedo was the only player at risk anyway on Saturday (as he had 9 yellows), but didn't get a caution.

Not all clubs have yet played 32 games so some players are still at risk at other clubs, but we were already fine after Saturday.

Pretty amateurish from BT, all in all.

Last edited:

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neither is suspended.

The deadline passed for us with the Leicester game - Semedo was the only player at risk anyway on Saturday (as he had 9 yellows), but didn't get a caution.

Not all clubs have yet played 32 games so some players are still at risk at other clubs, but we were already fine after Saturday.

Pretty amateurish from BT, all in all.

I remember being shocked he didn't get booked on Saturday. Thought he put in a a few challenges that Wolves players generally get carded for.

Impressive Gomes has managed 5 already with his limited gametime. Definitely loves a tackle that boy. Which is a good thing but with English referees he will get a fair few bookings.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So totals for bookings reset at zero after 32 games??

That's a free license to cheat.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Nothing gets "reset" per se, just you no longer get a two-game ban if you end up accumulating 10 yellows after the 32 game point.

However, if you get 15 yellows before the season ends you get a three-game ban.

Having accumulated 11 yellows to date, Neves needs to avoid a booking in at least two of our final 5 games to avoid this fate. Semedo will be okay on this front though as he can only now get a maximum of 14 yellows.

Of course, this is all only relating to bookings; red cards still have the usual suspension rules attached.

McSteen

Groupie
Reaction score

Don't think it resets, the treshold increases to 15 yellows before a ban after GW 32 IIRC.

Neves is on 11, could miss the last game if he gets a yellow in each of the next games.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some of our bookings are ridiculous when I see other teams players not get booked and for worse.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember being shocked he didn't get booked on Saturday. Thought he put in a a few challenges that Wolves players generally get carded for.

Impressive Gomes has managed 5 already with his limited gametime. Definitely loves a tackle that boy. Which is a good thing but with English referees he will get a fair few bookings.
He picked up a fair few in Brazil too....

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some of our bookings are ridiculous when I see other teams players not get booked and for worse.

Surprised to see we have the worst disciplinary record in the league. We are not an overly dirty team. Maybe most of those bookings were for dissent?

We have the most red cards with 6, double the 2nd place team (Chelsea) with 3.

We are joint 3rd with Forest for yellows, with 73. Palace and Fulham joint 1st with 74.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Surprised to see we have the worst disciplinary record in the league. We are not an overly dirty team. Maybe most of those bookings were for dissent?

We have the most red cards with 6, double the 2nd place team (Chelsea) with 3.

We are joint 3rd with Forest for yellows, with 73. Palace and Fulham joint 1st with 74.
6 reds?
Nunes was rescinded
Jimenez 2 yellows
Lemina 2 yellows
Costa and collins violent conduct
Jonny
that’s 5

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nothing gets "reset" per se, just you no longer get a two-game ban if you end up accumulating 10 yellows after the 32 game point.

However, if you get 15 yellows before the season ends you get a three-game ban.

Having accumulated 11 yellows to date, Neves needs to avoid a booking in at least two of our final 5 games to avoid this fate. Semedo will be okay on this front though as he can only now get a maximum of 14 yellows.

Of course, this is all only relating to bookings; red cards still have the usual suspension rules attached.
Thanks for that.

Still sounds like a recipe for a lot of cynical fouls however.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Toti Gomes gave the ball away cheaply for the goal on Saturday.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Toti Gomes gave the ball away cheaply for the goal on Saturday.
He started the chain of events leading to the goal. I think a poor throw in preceded it.
Then Bueno didn't cut out the cross, but Sa contributed quite a lot by starting to come for the cross, stopped and retreated which wrong footed the defenders.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could Toti Gomes serve the suspension for both of them, leaving Gomes free to play? :D

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was confused when I opened it and thought, we aren't playing Brighton until next January.

Then I saw the date of the first post.

I didn't even clock the Brighton thing it was only when someone mentioned Leicester I then checked the date :oops:

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apologies my fault, I wasn’t allowed to mention Toti’s role in the goal we conceded on Saturday in the, “I hate Nelson Semedo and blame him for anything that goes wrong in the world” thread, so had to find a Toti thread

I would like to point out that I don’t blame Toti entirely and think on the whole he’s done brilliantly since coming into the side.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Apologies my fault, I wasn’t allowed to mention Toti’s role in the goal we conceded on Saturday in the, “I hate Nelson Semedo and blame him for anything that goes wrong in the world” thread, so had to find a Toti thread

I would like to point out that I don’t blame Toti entirely and think on the whole he’s done brilliantly since coming into the side.
Ha, the Semedo thread should obviously be renamed 'the safe space for Semedo haters' thread. Or the 'why every goal we concede is Semedo's fault' thread.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

What was his role in it? Bueno's the guy letting the wing back passed him without a challenge to get his cross in. Semedo's the guy not winning the header. I'm a little confused.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What was his role in it? Bueno's the guy letting the wing back passed him without a challenge to get his cross in. Semedo's the guy not winning the header. I'm a little confused.
His **** pass was the start of it, he gave the ball away at the start of the move, 4 passes and 7 seconds after and the ball is in our net.

Last edited:

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His **** pass was the start of it, he gave the ball away at the start of the move, 4 passes and 7 seconds after and the ball is in our net.
Annoying him giving the ball away, but I ain't having him to blame for the goal when we have 7 guys behind the ball to defend it. Its not like he's played anyone in.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231212_122834_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20231212_122834_YouTube.jpg
    508.5 KB · Views: 14
Back
Top Bottom