Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Tom Bradshaw/Rico Henry

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
AA_Richards is an absolute plum. A serious goon. But that's off topic.

However, now he's swapped pouring pints for the Mirror newsroom, he might actually have contacts. Don't know much about either play personally but heard good things.

While money talks, are they really going to let two of their better players to go while they're right in the middle of a realistic promotion push?

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd be delighted with this. Rico Henry is being regarded as the next Ashley Cole. Massive prospect being scouted by most PL clubs, would be a huge coup. Bradshaw has proven his goalscoring ability at Walsall before this season, think it's about time he makes the step up. Hopefully finally we are making some significant progress in this transfer window.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I had two different texts about this before the thread was posted.I didn't post anything because I didn't know if it has legs.In fairness I still don't but fingers crossed.

F

FLEET WOLF

I'd be delighted with this. Rico Henry is being regarded as the next Ashley Cole. Massive prospect being scouted by most PL clubs, would be a huge coup. Bradshaw has proven his goalscoring ability at Walsall before this season, think it's about time he makes the step up. Hopefully finally we are making some significant progress in this transfer window.

I won't hold my breath!

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got to be better than Stefan Maierhofer who is the latest to be linked with us.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I had two different texts about this before the thread was posted.I didn't post anything because I didn't know if it has legs.In fairness I still don't but fingers crossed.

That'll do for me Jonzy.

I also hope that this comes off, as from what I've read about them it would be a good deal.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rico Henry would be a great signing, still not sure on Bradshaw think there's better out there and haven't seen enough in him to be confident he'd make the step up.

Can't see either wearing a Wolves shirt any time soon though.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Impressed with what I've heard about both, but can't see any chance of this happening at all. In particular Henry is very highly rated, so if this has any legs I think its likely there will be bigger/better bids

Can't see Walsall wanting to sell to us of all people, especially with promotion on the cards. They also wouldn't come cheap I suspect, which is generally our modus operandi.

D

DigZeeDean

If we do get these and that I think is a big "If". Walsall will know how desperate we are and make us pay top dollar.

E

Essex Wolf

Good players they may be but the squad needs experience and proven quality at championship level. Neither of these players offer what's needed but should they sign good luck.

M

Monkey Man

Rumours of hysterical laughter in the Wlasall area.

Something to do with a laughable offer.

D

Deleted at own request (WeAreTheWolves)

Definitely take Henry, personally I don't rate Bradshaw however Celtic, Rangers, Preston and Reading amongst others have all been credited with an interest so I might be wrong on him.

However there is no doubting he is better than what we have!

Aylesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't see either of them being too keen on moving to a club which, to the outside world at least, appears to be on somewhat of a downward spiral.

If I was in their shoes, with the chance of promotion I would sit tight and then see what is in store for next season.

Even if Walsall don't go up, I am sure both players will have more attractive options than Wolves to consider in the close season.

J

jasmith

Alex Richards also said that there was other championship interest for Bradshaw and at least 4 PL teams interested in Henry

F

FLEET WOLF

Is it compulsory that we have to have someone with the name 'Henry' in our squad?

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No chance unless there is movement imminently.Walsall will obviously want to replace them with someone,and with the clock ticking down its highly unlikely.Just to add we don't do imminently.

LINT70

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Impressed with what I've heard about both, but can't see any chance of this happening at all. In particular Henry is very highly rated, so if this has any legs I think its likely there will be bigger/better bids

Can't see Walsall wanting to sell to us of all people, especially with promotion on the cards. They also wouldn't come cheap I suspect, which is generally our modus operandi.

If any cash is waved under Bonser's nose then he'll grab it regardless of where they are in the table - if we buy these 2 and they fail to go up I doubt Walsall fans hatred of us could get any higher - is it wrong that i'd like us to buy them just for that reason alone? :D

E

Essex Wolf

Already sounds a case of two fruitless bids that Moxey can wheel out and say how hard the club tried.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have been a fan o Bradshaw since he scored them wonder goals on his debut for Shrewsbury, what 6 years ago. I wanted us to sign him and Jacobs for ages.

D

Deleted member 4309

I don't think we have any chance of getting Rico henry. He is destined for a bigger club

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair, thinking about it, with our season going absolutely nowhere, we could sign them both now and loan them back for the rest of the season so they can try and help Walsall get up.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair, thinking about it, with our season going absolutely nowhere, we could sign them both now and loan them back for the rest of the season so they can try and help Walsall get up.

Could give them McAlinden as well

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd take them both but it wont happen. We have probably made some laughable bid.

D

DigZeeDean

We probably haven't made a bid. We didn't with Washington just made a short phone call then nothing.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We probably haven't made a bid. We didn't with Washington just made a short phone call then nothing.

£3m for him that's why. I rate the lad but I wouldn't be willing to pay that.

D

Deleted at own request (WeAreTheWolves)

I get your point but we need to accept prices are inflated or we will go backwards fast.

Time for us to join the party.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That's todays market for you. You pay over the odds, in this country, or end up like we are!

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I get your point but we need to accept prices are inflated or we will go backwards fast.

Time for us to join the party.

That's todays market for you. You pay over the odds, in this country, or end up like we are!

The problem with 3m for Washington is, before his purple patch you could get him on a free. it's only the last 15 games he has done enough. It was a gamble and you can understand why we said no.

But we probably do need to pay a bit more

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I guess the thing that worries me is that surely any hopes of us signing these 2 are a bit of a speculative longshot? The sort of players we want yes, but I just can't see it. It's also getting later and later in the day as far as the window is concerned, are we panicking yet?

D

DigZeeDean

I understand what you say but in January you have to pay over the odds in general. That being said we sold our star player for less than what we had an offer for in the summer. I don't fully understand why we didn't hold out until at least we had bothered to look for a replacement.

Back
Top Bottom