Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Todays games - the World Cup edition.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Normally during the World Cup ,whilst not knowing all of the players there is always a smattering of names you recognise.
I genuinely don’t know of a single player from either side but according to the radio this morning there is apparently an Ecuador player in the PL .

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Normally during the World Cup ,whilst not knowing all of the players there is always a smattering of names you recognise.
I genuinely don’t know of a single player from either side but according to the radio this morning there is apparently an Ecuador player in the PL .
We played Brighton the other week. They have 3 Ecuadorians.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
What I love about the World Cup is that you get to see players that you wouldn’t normally watch. looking forward to the match though I’m babysitting so probably end up with paw patrol on loop :confused:

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know a few Qatar players
Eric Clapton
Jimi Hendrix
Eddie Van Halen

giphy.gif

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really don't care about this sportswashing farce. I do, though, hope that Qatar concede at least 10 every single game. Doubtless enough brown envelopes will circulate to prevent that.....

Care enough to comment incessantly on every World cup related thread though.

Think Ecuador will win this one.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It would appear that about half of the Qatar squad come from Al Sadd, the current Qatari champions. Also, all their players play their domestic football in Qatar. I know absolutely nothing about their players, but having so many from one club could be a good thing for team unity. As for Ecuador, they have players from all over the globe, including three from Brighton in the premier league.

Ecuador will start as favourites, but as hosts, Qatar will want to put in a good display to start off the tournament.

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think there are lot of miserable and disingenuous people on here and frankly some of the comments are distracting from what's sure to be a fantastic occasion.

I expected to come on here and read about personal accounts and emotions about some of those Qatar v Ecuador matches over the years and where you were when you watched them. The same way that Americans say that they always remember where they were when JFK was shot it's fair to say that we all remember where we were all those times Qatar took on Ecuador.

It's also fair to say that there is only one match that captures the imagination as much as Qatar v Ecuador and that would be Equador v Qatar.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You don't think Santa and Rudolf work up an appetite?
One year when I was a bairn, I left a hand-drawn map of our street on the mince pie plate, with an arrow pointing to our house. When my mum asked me why, I said it was because Father Christmas might get lost because he was so tired. My dear old mum still has that scrap of paper stored away some 44 years later.

I obviously don't bother any more, I know everyone has googlemaps...

Watfordfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Wonder how many locals would have paid for tickets or had to be buses in /given free tickets?

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it will end 0-0.
A fiiting start to this awful WC.
Qatar lost 3-0 to Croatia U23..but Ecuador just doesn´t score many goals at all.
If the fix is in..Qatar wins via unjustly awarded penalty.
Referee Orsato..italian but with a very solid rep..thus far anyways.
After Infantinos debacle yesterday,I just don´t trust italians.
Hoepfully Orsato makes up for the madness of Infantino today.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It would appear that about half of the Qatar squad come from Al Sadd, the current Qatari champions. Also, all their players play their domestic football in Qatar. I know absolutely nothing about their players, but having so many from one club could be a good thing for team unity. As for Ecuador, they have players from all over the globe, including three from Brighton in the premier league.

Ecuador will start as favourites, but as hosts, Qatar will want to put in a good display to start off the tournament.
An interesting read..... Wonder if they will continue the approach after the current farce?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Care enough to comment incessantly on every World cup related thread though.

Think Ecuador will win this one.
Commenting in the run-up. Will be offering no views about games that l won't watch.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn't normally watch Qatar or Ecuador, but it's the World Cup so I'm looking forward to it. I haven't looked at the Qatar squad, but I doubt I would know any of them. I recognise the odd Ecuador player from the Premier League. I hope it's a good game.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What are the odds on at least two penalties for Qatar?

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have at least seen Qatar play, in the first edition of the Gulf Cup, back in 1970! At the Isa Town stadium, in Bahrain, Bahrain won 2-1 if memory serves. About a thousand spectators. I have some grainy black and white photos of the game somewhere...

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Commenting in the run-up. Will be offering no views about games that l won't watch.
This is the “Todays games - the World Cup edition” thread though, so I think the point being made was if you have no interest in the games being played why post on or even view this thread?

Issues around he World Cup (of which I agree are issues) is being discussed more than enough on the general World Cup thread.

If you don’t wish to watch because of the issues that’s fair enough and I admire your stance, but probably best just to stay off the thread about the games being played in which you have no interest isn’t it?

Back
Top Bottom