Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today's Games 2022-23.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Isn’t there going to 2 teams in europa league because of Man Utd getting top 4 & cup final? So another space in europa conference down to 8th place?
We do this every year.

In august it’s set out thus:

1-4 champions league.
5th Europa league

FA cup winners Europa League
League Cup winners Conference league.

If the winners of the domestic cup have already qualified for Europe via the league, those places go to the league.

As things stand now (as both domestic cup winners will have already qualified for Europe via the league)

1-4 Champions league.
5-6 Europa League
7 Conference League.
8 Nothing.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We do this every year.

1-4 champions league.
5th Europa league

If the winners of the domestic cup have already qualified for Europe via the league, those places go to the league.

As things stand now (as both domestic cup winners will have already qualified for Europe via the league)

1-4 Champions league.
5-6 Europa League
7 Conference League.
8 Villa
I’ve fixed it for you

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We do this every year.

1-4 champions league.
5th Europa league

1-4 Champions league.
5-6 Europa League
7 Conference League.
8 Nothing.
To add to this, the winners of each European competition also qualify for Europe as a result of winning it so if they finish outside of the top 7 they’d get Europe by those means instead. This would take one of the lower qualifying spaces away I believe but if all 3 were won by English teams who also all finished outside the top 5 I think you’d then end up with 8 in Europe. I think.

EDIT: To add, you’re right though, we go through this every year! It used to start in about November when we were thinking we may qualify, not this year though!!

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Despite killing us 6-0, you just got to like Brighton, especially when they beat Manure with a last minute penalty! Well done The Seagulls. Their football this season deserves to be rewarded with a top 5 finish. Will be tight but who could not want that. Even more so if it's at the expense of Liverpool, Spurs and Villa! We need to do our bit again for their cause this Saturday!

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought until the penalty, Shaw Marriner had a great game for United!

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
Oh the irony, Well done Brighton.

At least the United fans won’t have to go far to get home to London.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We do this every year.

1-4 champions league.
5th Europa league

1-4 Champions league.
5-6 Europa League
7 Conference League.
8 Nothing.
Remind me next year

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've no idea if it's correct, but if you do a quick Google of Ruben Neves salary, multiple sites quote it as being £50k pw
£50k was the deal he signed when we got promoted, and he hasn't signed a new one. There may have been rises built in or extra for being the captain etc, but he's on the same deal he signed back then so he could well still be on £50k

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£50k was the deal he signed when we got promoted, and he hasn't signed a new one. There may have been rises built in or extra for being the captain etc, but he's on the same deal he signed back then so he could well still be on £50k

Every report I’ve seen says he’s been on around 50k a week since he signed his last contract in 2018. There was a one year extension in Wolves favour, extending it from 2023 to 2024, and I don’t know if triggering that extension resulted in an increment in his contract.

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
Brighton play excellent football--it's the kind of football that we are trying to implement at Wolves, but they understand the system better and trust that players will be where they're supposed to be. Loved that they turned over ManU - Brighton deserved to win that match. Respect.

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Despite killing us 6-0, you just got to like Brighton, especially when they beat Manure with a last minute penalty! Well done The Seagulls. Their football this season deserves to be rewarded with a top 5 finish. Will be tight but who could not want that. Even more so if it's at the expense of Liverpool, Spurs and Villa! We need to do our bit again for their cause this Saturday!
Must agree. They have come so far, so quickly. I was also impressed by their fans (before the game as well as during). Well run club, exciting football, and a good ground.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just like how we were under Nuno in the 2018/19 and 19/20 season
No they (Brighton) are way better. Xg per game of almost 3. We haven’t been anywhere near that in the premier league

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Must agree. They have come so far, so quickly. I was also impressed by their fans (before the game as well as during). Well run club, exciting football, and a good ground.

I think Brighton have spent many years developing to where they are now and I expect they see more room for development.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Brighton have spent many years developing to where they are now and I expect they see more room for development.
They have,and have been very similar to us in many respects
Promoted the year before we were
Reached the FA cup semi finals
Got as high as 5th before tailing off
Changed managers after a couple of seasons in the Prem
Appointed their current manager last year after Potter left
Difference is they have gradually improved where as we have gradually regressed lol
Lets see what a full JL season looks like if we stay up though

Edinburgh Wolf

Reaction score
Cracking game on BBC Scotland just now. Queen's Park v Dundee in the Championship decider, with the winner being promoted to the Premier League. It's 4-3 Dundee with 15 mins to go. Great entertainment.

Edited - 5-3 Dundee now. Great to see 2 teams just going for a win, rather than trying not to lose.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cracking game on BBC Scotland just now. Queen's Park v Dundee in the Championship decider, with the winner being promoted to the Premier League. It's 4-3 Dundee with 15 mins to go. Great entertainment.

Edited - 5-3 Dundee now. Great to see 2 teams just going for a win, rather than trying not to lose.

What a game that was 3-2 after 15 minutes !!! Superb entertaiment with the knowledge that if Queen's Park or Dundee scored they could celebrate without you know what !

Not content with years of anxiety and worry as a Wolves fan I made the choice to follow Partick Thistle in Scotland. This makes me what you Scots call a ' bampot ' ! In true Jags fashion they nearly made a mess of it tonight. While virtually everyone else will be watching City v Real Madrid I shall be tuning in to BBC Scotland to watch a real Glasgow derby, never mind that tired, flogged to death ' battle of the ugly sisters ' Celtic v Rangers it is The Spiders v The Merryhill Magyars for me !!!!!!!!!

Huge of Sharjah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What a game that was 3-2 after 15 minutes !!! Superb entertaiment with the knowledge that if Queen's Park or Dundee scored they could celebrate without you know what !

Not content with years of anxiety and worry as a Wolves fan I made the choice to follow Partick Thistle in Scotland. This makes me what you Scots call a ' bampot ' ! In true Jags fashion they nearly made a mess of it tonight. While virtually everyone else will be watching City v Real Madrid I shall be tuning in to BBC Scotland to watch a real Glasgow derby, never mind that tired, flogged to death ' battle of the ugly sisters ' Celtic v Rangers it is The Spiders v The Merryhill Magyars for me !!!!!!!!!

Not sure why but it's never actually occurred to me to follow another football team in another country... Follow an NFL team (who else but the underperforming mighty Steelers) and an underperforming MLB team (the Arizona Diamondbacks - for my sins). So, presume it's okay to keep the trend going and find a team or two overseas.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
IF there's any side I'd want to beat us 6-0....it's Brighton. They're very very likeable

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Interesting looking at Big Sam's first Leeds team to play Manchester City. He's dropped their keeper Meslier and replaced him with Robles.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

For some reason I have always followed the fortunes of Dunfermline in Scotland. After being relegated to division one last season, they have won that league by some distance and will return to the championship next season.

HICKO

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For some reason I have always followed the fortunes of Dunfermline in Scotland. After being relegated to division one last season, they have won that league by some distance and will return to the championship next season.
Perhaps you like marmalade Frank :)
UTW

Back
Top Bottom