Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today’s Games 2023-2024

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's not even the decision, I thought he was offside at the time - it is the correct decision. It's just the whole process, imagine coming from 0-3 down to get a winner in the 122nd minute and going absolutely mental only for it to be ruled out a couple of minutes later. It is just ****, it is ruining football and the emotions that come with it.
This 100%.

Anyone who advocates VAR because the decision is correct just doesn’t understand football. I absolutely despise it.

Leemack

Reaction score
These VAR lines that people accept because of the 'tech' is absolute Bull ****

The angle of camera, thickness of the lines, human interpretation of the lines and distance and all the other variables you could throw into the argument. Not because of this one cov got slapped with but all of them.

If these were say a criminal case (Not the best example but bear with me lol) and you had to be absolute they would say well show me the decimal places and distances plus the exact frame the ball was kicked from the preceeding player to the point where the runner entered the offside position etc.

They are using 10 year old frame rates paused by a human and lines drawn by a human so the margin of error vs the variables is too far apart. It is ludicrous and yes it looked offside but they can easily 'make' it look offside. The camera angle wasn't even level with the last defender ffs.
Var is there to screw the none elite and we all know it.

These lines are just not with play and tech together. Fact !

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Gut wrencher for Coventry but had a feeling Man Utd would get through if it went to penalties.
Probably a routine 2-0 win for Man City in the final, with their supporters barely appreciating it, as it’s exactly what they expected.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only thing I imagine that made Sir Jim Ratcliffe happy today, was him running his 8th London Marathon before heading to Wembley.

I suspect he will be seething with what he witnessed and will be ruthless in the Summer with INEOS now at the helm of operations at United.

Last edited:

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It feels like the winners lost and the losers won but that's football. It can be a cruel mistress.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
We’ve been on the wrong end of goals being disallowed by a toenail and it’s infuriating. Can only imagine what it’s like at that time in that game.

It’s finding ways to take away the very thing we all love and go to football for. And what it adds to the game in no way compensates for it.

Just get rid of it.

Lupus ad Penn

Groupie
Reaction score
VAR and the media are driving a wedge between many of us,and the game we grew up with. I hate VAR, I hate the incompetent ( or corrupt) officials, and loathe most of the fawning matey matey media.. It won’t be the cost that will eventually stop me from going, it will be the VAR , refs, and TV idiots.
RIP the game we loved.

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’ve been on the wrong end of goals being disallowed by a toenail and it’s infuriating. Can only imagine what it’s like at that time in that game.

It’s finding ways to take away the very thing we all love and go to football for. And what it adds to the game in no way compensates for it.

Just get rid of it.
The one thing that VAR had made me realise is that refs and linesmen are human. They make mistakes. So what if someone is offside by a toenail, either way, give the attacker the benefit of the doubt. Football is entertainment, it's about goals. Don't let's ruin it by using technology.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will be hard for Cov to take but wow what a classic game. United get to keep ten hag and become runners up once more.

This game will take the shine off our watford cup embarrassment

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The annoying thing about the offside goal is not that it was offside, it's that it was given for being mm's off when tech isn't that accurate.
Looking at the replay it looked off, it's only when the lines were drawn that you realise how close it was. Had the linesman given it off, I don't think anyone would have questioned it. It's only when you bring the tech into play that you realise that actually the tech could be inaccurate enough that it could have been onside!

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
The one thing that VAR had made me realise is that refs and linesmen are human. They make mistakes. So what if someone is offside by a toenail, either way, give the attacker the benefit of the doubt. Football is entertainment, it's about goals. Don't let's ruin it by using technology.

Absolutely. They’re killing so much of what is good about football with VAR and the increasingly complex interpretations of handball.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
O'Hare rushed himself a bit
These VAR lines that people accept because of the 'tech' is absolute Bull ****

The angle of camera, thickness of the lines, human interpretation of the lines and distance and all the other variables you could throw into the argument. Not because of this one cov got slapped with but all of them.

If these were say a criminal case (Not the best example but bear with me lol) and you had to be absolute they would say well show me the decimal places and distances plus the exact frame the ball was kicked from the preceeding player to the point where the runner entered the offside position etc.

They are using 10 year old frame rates paused by a human and lines drawn by a human so the margin of error vs the variables is too far apart. It is ludicrous and yes it looked offside but they can easily 'make' it look offside. The camera angle wasn't even level with the last defender ffs.
Var is there to screw the none elite and we all know it.

These lines are just not with play and tech together. Fact !
When I was a ref we were told that the benefit of any doubt went to the attacker

VAR was not brought in to make football an exact science

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
The thing is that VAR is fine for people who aren't particularly invested in either team or actually at the game. That's the majority of people who count themselves as 'football fans' these days, certainly the majority of people subscribing to channels. So somehow it has to make the product worse for those viewers if it is to be flushed down the metaphorical toilet it belongs in.

thetwistedsock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I haven't kept up with the changes they keep making but I note that they have used the boots for the VAR offside call. They have used the arm sometimes, no?

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I haven't kept up with the changes they keep making but I note that they have used the boots for the VAR offside call. They have used the arm sometimes, no?
Believe that it’s the furthest pieced forward that the goal can legitimately be scored with so it could be shoulder, toe, backside if you’re running backwards

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Just get rid of it.
That Neto one against Liverpool hurts the most

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And if you were able to take it back half a frame rate, he wouldn't have been.
Im not so sure about that. He was coming back from an offside position and was positioning himself level. Just not level enough. It’s harsh but thems the rules.

Leemack

Reaction score
I’m the other way…ish. The decision was correct because of VAR. I still want it binned. Hate it.
In football, I prefer human error to technological fact.

It was only correct via VAR if you believe in the lines and the idiot drawing them

They show us what they want to show us. It is a centralised technology and that will never hold water with me. Like how people think the banks hold the money in a vault. It's all BS that they want us to believe. The smart people know the crack

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
It's not even the decision, I thought he was offside at the time - it is the correct decision. It's just the whole process, imagine coming from 0-3 down to get a winner in the 122nd minute and going absolutely mental only for it to be ruled out a couple of minutes later. It is just ****, it is ruining football and the emotions that come with it.
He was probably offside by a toenail (but who knows how accurate it really when they freeze the frame at the point they consider the pass was made) but It's ruined what could have been one of the best moments in FA Cup history. As some have said on here a few times, VAR would also have killed dead the emotion of the Aguero moment and we would have all had to wait about 5 mins while they drew lines to see if Man City won the league. **** off VAR. Get in the bin.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was probably offside by a toenail (but who knows how accurate it really when they freeze the frame at the point they consider the pass was made) but It's ruined what could have been one of the best moments in FA Cup history. As some have said on here a few times, VAR would also have killed dead the emotion of the Aguero moment and we would have all had to wait about 5 mins while they drew lines to see if Man City won the league. **** off VAR. Get in the bin.

First replay I saw I thought he's offside, was I the only one?

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think most of us agree he was probably an inch off side, but the point is VAR runs so much that is good about football.
Of course it does and I'd much rather we didn't have it but I didn't think this was as tight as people are making out and the lino should've spotted it

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is just pure anti-Man United agenda today.

I would say with plenty of confidence that if United had been correctly denied a winner and Coventry won on penalties, VAR would actually be getting praised by many football fans.

The best thing for VAR would be one month without it, and people would get a reminder of how bad things were.

Why do you think so many leagues around the world have it? Do they like spending loads of money?

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is just pure anti-Man United agenda today.

I would say with plenty of confidence that if United had been correctly denied a winner and Coventry won on penalties, VAR would actually be getting praised by many football fans.

The best thing for VAR would be one month without it, and people would get a reminder of how bad things were.

Why do you think so many leagues around the world have it? Do they like spending loads of money?
Agree with the first bit about Man United and Coventry. Totally disagree on the var bit though. There seems to be just as many mistakes and what they've taken away in terms of celebrating a goal isn't worth it for the ones they do get right

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
looks like forest are ****ed and with good reason...
Madness.

I’m sure most clubs have felt like that at times, but to do it so publically takes some balls.

They’ll no doubt be fined for bringing the game in to disrepute now and nothing else will come of it, but fair play.

Stand up for what you believe in.

(Still hope you go down, though ;))

Back
Top Bottom