Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today’s Games 2023-2024

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
2 legs off the floor at the same time? You sure?
Literally the definition of walking vs running? Regardless of whether it's a penalty, I don't think having two feet off the ground is conclusive.

Last edited:

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Same referee that didn't see this magnificent save at 1:23 from West Brom's Kipre:

Would VAR have corrected either of those decisions? The handball on the line is not clear and obvious, not at normal speed from certain angles. Maybe tonights penalty would have been checked. But half the problem with VAR is how it seems to examine some incidents in great detail, while completely ignoring others. And that "clear and obvious" clause is so subjective, they seem to make up interpretations of it as they go along.

Watfordfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Would VAR have corrected either of those decisions? The handball on the line is not clear and obvious, not at normal speed from certain angles. Maybe tonights penalty would have been checked. But half the problem with VAR is how it seems to examine some incidents in great detail, while completely ignoring others. And that "clear and obvious" clause is so subjective, they seem to make up interpretations of it as they go along.
Maybe not that first one but surely would give a free kick last night ?

I bet even the players appealing were surprised.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
VAR to be used again in all three playoff finals but not in any of the semi finals. We won't see a glaring error in the Championship playoff final as we saw with that penalty last night BUT could easily see a team missing out on £150m because of a whimsical interpretation on the day.

Somebody deciding something was or wasn't a clear and obvious error could see a legal challenge.

Imagine a Leicester player being sent off for jogging towards the referee. Then a Leicester striker being poleaxed by the keeper ala Sasa but no penalty given. Followed by a penalty being given against them for a ball to a naturally positioned arm off a defender's thigh. Finally, an equaliser disallowed because a player was positioned in front of the keeper from a corner.

I wouldn't imagine that Ipswich or West Brom would sue but I could see Leicester wheeling out the lawyers. £150m is the highest stakes game in world football.

Watfordfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
VAR to be used again in all three playoff finals but not in any of the semi finals. We won't see a glaring error in the Championship playoff final as we saw with that penalty last night BUT could easily see a team missing out on £150m because of a whimsical interpretation on the day.

Somebody deciding something was or wasn't a clear and obvious error could see a legal challenge.

Imagine a Leicester player being sent off for jogging towards the referee. Then a Leicester striker being poleaxed by the keeper ala Sasa but no penalty given. Followed by a penalty being given against them for a ball to a naturally positioned arm off a defender's thigh. Finally, an equaliser disallowed because a player was positioned in front of the keeper from a corner.

I wouldn't imagine that Ipswich or West Brom would sue but I could see Leicester wheeling out the lawyers. £150m is the highest stakes game in world football.
Should be the same throughout really .

Like you say could create more controversy might say in the season a decision could have been different with VAR.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Pfft. How fanciful. As if any of those things could ever happen.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You either use it or you dont
Moving the playing goalposts for finals is ridiculous when its not been in use for the whole season

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Go on Atalanta! Goodness.

Can you imagine how fired up those fans will be in the return leg?

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just noticed the Liverpool score lol. Presumably, they played the kids?

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wonder how this will affect the co-efficient for the 5th Champions League place.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So the Sky's self proclaimed best league in the world has seen the leader Captain Black's Arsenal tactically outsmarted and struggle for long periods against the poorest Bayern Munich in over 12 years and a Liverpool side missing only a few first team players get pumped 3-0 at home by a team in 6th in Serie A and 32 points behind leaders Inter Milan.

I no longer watch Soccer Saturday but I can imagine the Sky robots like Merson, Sherwood and Dawson will be still programmed to say " Best league in the world " at certain intervals.

Back
Top Bottom