Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today’s Games 2023-2024

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fabio starting against Celtic. This is the type of game he needs to be standing out in to show he can play at this level, not against Faroe Island U21's. Hopefully he has a decent game.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
I hate the fashion Police but I'm not a fan of this coordinated dressing of fans ('ultras') that they do in Europe and seems to have transferred to Ibrox this afternoon. Just like the way the Arsenal and Palace 'ultras' all wear black. Come on, you're grown adults (although football shirts are acceptable!).

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
I wonder if the wind really helped that opening goal. A friend of mine went to see Gateshead play in the FA Trophy semi final yesterday and said it was the windiest he'd ever seen at a match. He said a Gateshead player smacked a volley at the Macclesfield goal from about 20 yards out and it went forward about 10 yards and then the wind caught it and the reversed the direction of the ball and it landed behind him on the halfway line!

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I'm not one to sympathise with refs, but how hard must it be to judge a game with 50k supporting one team and no away fans?

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
I'm not one to sympathise with refs, but how hard must it be to judge a game with 50k supporting one team and no away fans?
There was an interesting academic study done a few years ago in which FIFA referees watched games on a TV with and without crowd sound and we're asked to give decisions. When they watched the games with the sound they gave a significantly higher amount of decisions in favour of the home team. Think we need FIFA earplugs.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do we think either of these sides would do well in the Championship? Having watched Norwich dominate Ipswich yesterday, I'm not convinced either of these sides would make the playoffs.

Perhaps it would be different if these players were exposed to playing more competitive football on a regular basis, rather than playing League One sides every week.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Why are they playing Fabio on the wing?

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
There was an interesting academic study done a few years ago in which FIFA referees watched games on a TV with and without crowd sound and we're asked to give decisions. When they watched the games with the sound they gave a significantly higher amount of decisions in favour of the home team. Think we need FIFA earplugs.
Feel like the level of soft fouls and play acting went through the roof in covid. To be fair, much as we all like a moan, they have dragged that back a bit this season.

rubyloo

Reaction score
I won’t be watching any football today. **** football, **** VAR

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Why are they playing Fabio on the wing?
Think he's basically been Sarabia for them. Not enough pace or strength to play up top, but good movement and awareness.

Edit - also as a tribute act, can't play a simple pass!

WolvesAndCows

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Do we think either of these sides would do well in the Championship? Having watched Norwich dominate Ipswich yesterday, I'm not convinced either of these sides would make the playoffs.

Perhaps it would be different if these players were exposed to playing more competitive football on a regular basis, rather than playing League One sides every week.
I think they would both be challenging for promotion

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a save by Butland!!!

He is a man back in the form of his life!!!

He has to make the England squad for the euros

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rangers have looked really poor.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fabio really struggling to get involved in this game. I can see him getting pulled at half time.

Back
Top Bottom