Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today’s Games 2023-2024

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would hate to City win the league yet again. It’s not good for the game.

I understand your point. But when the alternatives are Liverpool and Arsenal - who have each won the league more times than Man City - it hardly matters. 5 teams have won every title in the last 30 years, excluding that 1 that Leicester won. In the games current state, it will be the same in the next 30 years. Perhaps 1 club outside of those 5 might win it once.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's interesting that Man City are now chasing Liverpool as it's always been the other way round in their other title races.

Looking at the latter's fixtures, I'm not sure where they actually lose a game. They may draw a few though. Which is where you have to fancy Man City to go on one of their ridiculous runs and get over the line.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Went with the kids to the Conti Cup final today. Great advert for both football and Wolves.

Highest ever attendance for that game.

Edit - sorry wrong thread!

Wolves missed out on the revolution in the men's game when the PL launched, it's a shame we seem to be messing about in the lower leagues as the women's game is having it's.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The whole thing is just bizarre. Gordon is not is possession of the ball, he can't even reach the ball, he's just stuck his foot in the way. It's actually a free kick the other way and yet somehow Coote decides it's a clear error. I honestly thought they'd cured this *******s, but some of these guys are like alcoholics, always one moment away from going back to bad old habits.
Since when is it necessary to be in possession to be fouled? That's just a myth.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Since when is it necessary to be in possession to be fouled? That's just a myth.

A player doesn’t need to be in possession, but on this occasion Gordon initiated the contact. So in my opinion it definitely wasn’t a penalty.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Fair point, but you tell me, you're in the process of kicking the ball when a player puts his foot between your foot and the ball. Which was does the free kick go? It's Hwang and Schar all over - just coincidentally I'm sure .....

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Gordon had been in control of the ball it would be a foul but he wasn’t and has obstructed Phillips. If you think this is a foul presumably you also think it’s a foul if a player not in control of the ball just runs in front of an opponent who is about to play it!

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair point, but you tell me, you're in the process of kicking the ball when a player puts his foot between your foot and the ball. Which was does the free kick go? It's Hwang and Schar all over - just coincidentally I'm sure .....
Hwang didn't actually touch Schar though, so not the same. Phillips kicked Gordon, pretty clearly....not sure why there's even a debate about it.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Gordon had been in control of the ball it would be a foul but he wasn’t and has obstructed Phillips. If you think this is a foul presumably you also think it’s a foul if a player not in control of the ball just runs in front of an opponent who is about to play it!
Well, that's just wrong, how is Gordon being in control or not of the ball, relevant? It's not. Gordon is as entitled to his place on the pitch as Phillips is anyway. The fact remains that Phillips has kicked Gordon while making zero contact with the ball. Easy foul.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Hwang didn't actually touch Schar though, so not the same. Phillips kicked Gordon, pretty clearly....not sure why there's even a debate about it.
Well I'm amazed that anyone can think that is a foul (on Gordon), never mind a clear and obvious error. So I think we might just have to agree to differ in this one!

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves play City, Liverpool and Arsenal before the end of the season.

Kingmakers or cannon fodder?

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should that goal have been allowed?
Leicester look very average

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leicester equalised. What I don't get though, is that they're obviously struggling, so why not recall Coady, go to a 5 and trust your attackers to get you enough goals to grind out some wins?

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, that's just wrong, how is Gordon being in control or not of the ball, relevant? It's not. Gordon is as entitled to his place on the pitch as Phillips is anyway. The fact remains that Phillips has kicked Gordon while making zero contact with the ball. Easy foul.
Of course possession makes a difference. You can shield the ball, without the ball your just blocking an opponent.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If Phillips had tried to take a step forward , it would have been a trip. Gordon tried to tackle the ball away from him and got nowhere near the ball. Foul on Gordon. This isn't hard.

In general, something needs to be done about penalties. For that action to become a goal for newcastle is a stupid game. With players conning the ref in every way imaginable because nobody has any dignity anymore, the whole thing has been stretched beyond recognition.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom