Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today’s Games 2023-2024

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trying to give Rob Jones the player of the match!

4-3 .....

I don't think it's corrupt, but I actually think it would be more acceptable for Coote to be receiving money from Saudi, than for the PGMOL to have such an incompetent person making decisions.

Yes, incompetence of the highest level has contributed to the scoreline.

Munich_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And we drop a spot because of a criminal VAR decision. Well ****ing done

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This commentator giving Gordon MOTM for cheating 2 pens out of West Ham. Mind you the officials are just as bad for some really pathetic decisions

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope the next few games are more exciting than that!

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Some crazy decisions. Harvey Barnes is quality though. If he stayed fit, he’d be very close to the England squad.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's pretty disgusting to have to deal with such flagrant incompetence from referees. Just says something about the culture, and it's not nice.
The game's officially gone!
When the clowns are awarding penalties for contact initiated by forwards, it can't get any lower!
I can't be ***** with it anymore, it really isn't worth the investment, financially or emotionally!

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
When the clowns are awarding penalties for contact initiated by forwards, it can't get any lower!
I can't be ***** with it anymore, it really isn't worth the investment, financially or emotionally!
Absolutely. Always a good reminder when I catch myself getting too angry.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

For me, this is the single biggest problem in the game today. By miles. Not accidental handballs in goal buildups, that was never a problem. Nor getting offsides mathematically correct to the nearest toenail cell. That's also a non-problem that never needed solving.

But the sheer number of soft penalties being given for attackers falling dramatically over defenders legs is absurd. What needs to be realised is that these days, with all the samba and gymnastics pirouettes penalty takers do, when the referee awards a penalty, he is basically awarding a goal. Often, it's goal out of non-thnreatening , nothing situation , too. Attacker blocked, going nowhere, even facing away from goal, defence organised. Over he goes. Penalty. Goal. (Unless you're a non-Sky 6 team away at Old Trafford, of course, in which case, as we saw in our first match, it's never enough contact.)

Referees guidance should be that because a penatly is effectively a goal, the bar to win one should be higher. Because the motivation for attackers to cheat is higher. Doubt should always be swayed heavily to the defenders.

And all that stupid shuffling in the penalty takers run up should be stopped, too.

The big problem then, could be that the increase in penalties (I think they have roughly doubled in the last 20 years) is masking a shortage of goals in open play. Penalties open matches up (as was seen today). Without them, perhaps those running the game are worried the entertainment value would dry up? Many more matches ending with one goal at most - reminiscent of Italian football in the 70's and 80's. It was often a very dull watch.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Tbf WH have to see the game out. In total control. Should never have lost.

Terrible game management bit like us 2 weeks ago.

All blame to WH.
No. That is not fair. They did not respond to the adversity as well as they could have, but it's not fair that they should have to. That was absurd.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Phew, that's disgusting defending from forest. Lerma had all day to pick that pass out, and they weren't tight at the back either. Nor were they in position for a block....

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This 100% !!!

It’s ruining the beautiful game and turning it ugly.

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure why anyone is surprised with that second Newcastle penalty, they’ve been giving them all season.
Not saying they’re right though :triumph:.

Back
Top Bottom