Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today’s Games 2023-2024

SoCal_Wolf

Reaction score
Both wouldn’t of hit the ground running for us. Trincao came really good after a tough first 6 months then we didn’t take the option to buy (very overpriced). Nobody thought a coventry striker would be this good. Takes time to settle but both very clever players
I think that Trincao is a good player, but (at the time) not very well suited to the Premier League and definitely overpriced. Gyokeres didn't stand out in the three games that I watched when he was with Coventry, so I don't think it was (is) a given that he would succeed with Wolves either. All this to say, it's much easier to shine in Portugal than in the Premier League - just ask Nunes.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think that Trincao is a good player, but (at the time) not very well suited to the Premier League and definitely overpriced. Gyokeres didn't stand out in the three games that I watched when he was with Coventry, so I don't think it was (is) a given that he would succeed with Wolves either. All this to say, it's much easier to shine in Portugal than in the Premier League - just ask Nunes.
Exactly Nunes looked very good. But it’s not a physical league like the premier league is. So those type of player maybe look better there. Such as Vitinha another one.

Why physical teams will always do well in the premier league. Need the balance.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a team that was with names that even for non-Ipswich followers are easy to recall Mick Mills, George Burley, Russell Osman, Terry Butcher, Kevin Beattie, John Wark, Frans Thijssen, Arnold Muhren, Paul Mariner, Eric Gates and Alan Brazil.
Saw that team play a few times against us. Whenever I think of that era I think of this ball.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240306_204158.jpg
    Screenshot_20240306_204158.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 4

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not saying Kane is rubbish. I just don’t think he’s world class. I hope he proves me wrong this summer. He’s a goal scorer no doubt. But compare him to aguero who would you rather have in their prime? Aguero was a winner. Haaland on his day at the moment and Mbappe that’s about it. But his age is against Kane. I guess we are all here to discuss football. For me maybe I don’t like him because he cheated against Wolves a lot.

Salah
Benezema
Mbappe
Ronaldo
Messi
Neymar
V.Junior
Lewandowski
Dybala
Mane
L.Martinez
Jota
Alverez

Would all be chosen ahead of Kane because they are winners. An over the hill Messi or Ronaldo add experience. An over the hill Messi won the World Cup. Somehow.

Will Kane play to 36? Doubt it.

Oh come on. I don't like Kane but to suggest he isn't world class because he has won nothing is ridiculous. He played for Spurs ffs. And rhen to name Martinez and Dybala ahead of him is beyond daft.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Players are remembered by what they win. That simple
Lautaro Martínez has won a lot. Or was you thinking of the villa keeper?

FIFA World Cup

Copa AMERICA x2

Has Kane ever won anything? The finals he played in he didn’t turn up. Got bullied by Liverpool and Italy on both occasions. That is not someone who is “world class”

World class is a winner. Someone who can carry a team. Bit like what Bellingham is doing for England

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ah Bellingham and Vinicius Jr are too much.

Leipzig respond! 2-1 Real on agg.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ah Bellingham and Vinicius Jr are too much.

Leipzig respond! 2-1 Real on agg.
Real Madrid have lived dangerously over these two ties. Leipzig have been the better side. So much talent in their side, but they've been so wasteful. Simons, Olmo, Openda and Sesko. They'll be gutted if they lose this!

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ouch, any see Nunes finger? he wont be picking his nose tonight.
Looks alright to me...

GIBKHe7WQAE4ZzA

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I actually don't think it is. I couldn't tell you most of the lads at Chelsea or man city who weren't their big players when they won trophies. Just kind of draw a blank to be honest.

People remember the big characters in what unfolds on the pitch, imo. Sometimes that's the winner, but if there's no drama then their story kind of sucked.

We're all kind of following our live action soaps at the end of the day :tearsofjoy:

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Most of them penalties like Rooney and when it comes to the big stage he’s blown it in every final for England and spurs he’s not world class. World class players win trophies probably before your 26 he’s getting old not the player he was 5 years ago. If he wins the cup and proves me wrong so be it. Tap in merchant if you ask me. Rooney was the same couldn’t do it on the big stage for England. Shearer probably 5 times the player of Kane different era can’t really compare. Scoring against noddy teams is what players like Nketiah are good at and Watkins. Same for Kane. The fact he’s never won anything is rather telling really. His work rate isn’t the best. We must look to the future and that’s Watkins hate to say it.
Sorry, you’re talking absolute nonsense mate.

He hasn’t won anything because he’s played for Spurs for too long. Gabriel Jesus has won plenty, good player but not close to Kane. Divock Origi is a champions league winner.

Still an absolute world class centre forward, walks into any premier league side at the moment apart from perhaps City and for me he’s a better footballer than Haaland.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He hasn’t won anything because he’s played for Spurs for too long. Gabriel Jesus has won plenty, good player but not close to Kane. Divock Origi is a champions league winner.

Still an absolute world class centre forward, walks into any premier league side at the moment apart from perhaps City and for me he’s a better footballer than Haaland.
Soon to be 31 his best days are behind him. Not ahead. If he was that good he would of carried spurs but he never did. Bottled it in every final. Origi a champions league winner, premier league winner, fa cup winner, league cup winner, charity shield winner. Speaks for itself really. By choosing to stay at spurs has damaged his career.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Not having that Mile End. That is how they view all sportsmen in the states, by how many rings or trophies, just seems far too simplistic to me. If that is the measure then we are saying players like Adam Lallana and Naby Keita are better than Kane.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not having that Mile End. That is how they view all sportsmen in the states, by how many rings or trophies, just seems far too simplistic to me. If that is the measure then we are saying players like Adam Lallana and Naby Keita are better than Kane.
Different position so how can you compare. There’s being a good player for a club like spurs. Then you have world class players for teams that win something like Salah for example. It would of took a brave man to bet against Bayern winning anything this season. Funny old game. Only way to prove your point if he wins multiple in Germany which is a weak league and something with England. Highly unlikely

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rotherham have only won 3 games...christ

While all the focus is on the gap between sides coming up from the Championship into the Premier there is a similar scene playing out in between the second and third tier in English football. Ipswich are very much the exception with their remarkable performance this season.

Rotherham are a yo yo club having bounced between the two divisions in the last 10 seasons with something like being relegated 4 times and promoted the same amount . Barnsley, Peterbrough, Wigan and Sheffield Wednesday are other examples of this.

Plymouth are now in real danger of having won the League One title with over 100 points, then going straight back down the next season which again shows the gap.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

All well and good but facts are that me and him have the same amount of trophies in our cabinet.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not saying Kane is rubbish. I just don’t think he’s world class. I hope he proves me wrong this summer. He’s a goal scorer no doubt. But compare him to aguero who would you rather have in their prime? Aguero was a winner. Haaland on his day at the moment and Mbappe that’s about it. But his age is against Kane. I guess we are all here to discuss football. For me maybe I don’t like him because he cheated against Wolves a lot.

Salah
Benezema
Mbappe
Ronaldo
Messi
Neymar
V.Junior
Lewandowski
Dybala
Mane
L.Martinez
Jota
Alverez

Would all be chosen ahead of Kane because they are winners. An over the hill Messi or Ronaldo add experience. An over the hill Messi won the World Cup. Somehow.

Will Kane play to 36? Doubt it.
I think he will play to 36. You have already said he doesn’t rely on pace so he won’t lose that as he gets older. His ability to drop off and pass the ball means he could even play the Neves / Pirlo role.

He is a fantastic player and definitely in the top three on the world in his position so l would say he is world class.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are you also the second-highest all-time goalscorer in the Premier League with over 350 goals for club and country?
Sounds great, now show me a trophy.

All that says is 'I scored a lot of goals, but was never good enough to actually win anything'.

Back
Top Bottom