Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today’s Games 2023-2024

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
most Man Utd fans hate liverpool more than Man City would rather lose than give any advantage to liverpool

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The more I watch City the more I start to think this is as near to football perfection as it can get. Against a Utd side who on paper are not terrible City are playing with all 10 outfield players well inside the Utd half. It's an insane way to play football but they just never give the ball away. Haaland, though he's been crap today, gives them another dimension and with Foden and KDB running the show I do think this is the best Pep City side, possibly by some distance. Total joy to watch, esp when they beat Man Utd!

Lisas Husband

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have a wish….that the 3 points we took off City will cost them the league :) :) :) :) :) :)
That would mean Liverpoo winning it then in in all likelihood. That's a bad thing. A very, very bad thing.
Not only do their fans boo our national anthem and in some cases want out of England, it means that us here in the UK will be absolutely soaked with the medias after effects of the love in, Sky Sports likely have a 'wear red to work day'. They will also up the power of their broadcast signal to splatter their Liverpoo love fest with their throbbing signal over an even greater portion of Europe. Even when they're not playing and there's no news about them, Sky 'have' to get them in on the headlines somehow.

The BBC will likely try the same in an attempt to win over the scouser, but their signal will be a pathetic weak effort and only receivable on the left side of the country.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
That would mean Liverpoo winning it then in in all likelihood. That's a bad thing. A very, very bad thing.
Not only do their fans boo our national anthem and in some cases want out of England, it means that us here in the UK will be absolutely soaked with the medias after effects of the love in, Sky Sports likely have a 'wear red to work day'. They will also up the power of their broadcast signal to splatter their Liverpoo love fest with their throbbing signal over an even greater portion of Europe. Even when they're not playing and there's no news about them, Sky 'have' to get them in on the headlines somehow.

The BBC will likely try the same in an attempt to win over the scouser, but their signal will be a pathetic weak effort and only receivable on the left side of the country.
This.

Can't think of anything worse football wise.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Foden is an absolute superstar.

Southgate will still find a way to start him on the bench and start Maguire/Phillips.

He'll 100% start with Kane, Saka and Bellingham.

But the the England fans will get confused and want him starting in centre mid.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People rightfully obsess over Bellingham, but for me Foden is who England should revolve everything around. Yet because of who we have in charge there's a genuine debate as to whether he'll even definitely start. Just let him do what he does. We have the perfect midfield two in Bellingham/Rice to compliment that. It's terrifying in equal measure how good England could be, and just how limited we are when it really matters because of Southgate.

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score

As a Taff, have no dog in the fight, but insanity not to try and incorporate Foden into the XI. Bellingham and him have potential to be greatest midfield pairing in modern history.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Going OT but England are truly blessed at present. The 3 you mention, City's Foden, Walker and Stones, Cole Palmer deserves a go as does Bowen imo, Rashford, Rice. I'm sure I've forgotten 1 or 2 but boy that is some X1.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People rightfully obsess over Bellingham, but for me Foden is who England should revolve everything around. Yet because of who we have in charge there's a genuine debate as to whether he'll even definitely start. Just let him do what he does. We have the perfect midfield two in Bellingham/Rice to compliment that. It's terrifying in equal measure how good England could be, and just how limited we are when it really matters because of Southgate.
Foden Bellingham Saka
Watkins

That is some forward line. If we can’t win anything with that it’s going to be very hard on the English

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The best front four in international football:

Kane
Foden Bellingham Saka
Yet, I have zero faith in us winning an international tournament with Southgate at the helm, and I also doubt we’ll see that exact four, as he will want to fit Rashford and/or Sterling in somehow…

He’ll probably play Bellingham (20 goals in 27 games for Real Madrid) as a holding midfielder next to Rice so he can play five at the back.

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only caught a bit of the Hearts match earlier, but Lembikisa looked good for the Jambos.

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

The irony is that you sound like a Scouser spreading this drivel. They have every right to boo the national anthem; we don't live in China. The rest sounds like conspiracy theory nonsense.

Lisas Husband

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The irony is that you sound like a Scouser spreading this drivel. They have every right to boo the national anthem; we don't live in China. The rest sounds like conspiracy theory nonsense.
Such a ****ing shame for them isn't it?
The whole country is in the same boat, yet outside of that hovel we hardly hear a boo when it's played.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I don’t want Liverpool to win the league either, ( massive shudder) so I’d prefer Arsenal does.
But I hate the thought of City winning again……..No compromise.

WolvesAndCows

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Will this three way title race keep on going until the end of the season? Or will one team drop off?

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will this three way title race keep on going until the end of the season? Or will one team drop off?
Man City have the habit of moving into a cosmic gear from March onwards, I don't think Liverpool with their injury list can live with them. Arsenal are being surprisingly consistent since their winter blip, I think they'll finish within 4-5 points of City, but Liverpool will be an extra 3-4 behind that.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unfortunately I think Arsenal will choke.
Of the two remaining, I think Liverpool will take it as City are just a smidge prone to dropping a point here or there this season.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think Arsenal have the balls to withstand what is now near perfection required to win the league. Liverpool do have that in them but whether or not they get across the line is very dependent on that juggernaut of a fixture next weekend at Anfield. You'd still definitely back Man City if you had to but Liverpool have it in their hands, which wasn't the case in their previous title run ins. Because relying on anyone else to do you a favor by taking points off Man City at this stage of the season is a big ask to say the least.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really rate Watkins but lets not be silly.

Watkins is in much better form than rashford right now.

As is Bowen.

While rashford scored a screamer, he has had an absolute nightmare of a performance today and if you listen to a Utd fan, he has been a low performer for the majority of the season.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watkins is in much better form than rashford right now.

As is Bowen.

While rashford scored a screamer, he has had an absolute nightmare of a performance today and if you listen to a Utd fan, he has been a low performer for the majority of the season.

That's not what I was disputing. The initial post suggested that Watkins should be starting up top instead of Kane. Watkins is brilliant, and should rightfully be our 2nd in line, but he's nowhere near Kane.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kane is past his best. At least Watkins runs around

Oh come on mate. Kane is second only to Haaland as the best CF in world football, and has elements to his game even the latter doesn't. Watkins is a great alternative option to have but he's nowhere near Kane's level.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh come on mate. Kane is second only to Haaland as the best CF in world football, and has elements to his game even the latter doesn't. Watkins is a great alternative option to have but he's nowhere near Kane's level.
Kane has gone to a farmers league and Bayern are failing nuts to think Kane is englands best striker. He isn’t he flopped against france time to give someone else a chance. Watkins or Palmer. Kane will get picked but he’s not the player he was 3/4 years ago no way near. We can’t keep picking the old guard and expecting an improvement.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kane has gone to a farmers league and Bayern are failing nuts to think Kane is englands best striker. He isn’t he flopped against france time to give someone else a chance. Watkins or Palmer. Kane will get picked but he’s not the player he was 3/4 years ago no way near. We can’t keep picking the old guard and expecting an improvement.
Completely disagree but ok.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s not getting any younger. Kane will start you know it. He will flop again against the big boy opponents

Of course he'll start. 99% of the English population would have him starting as well. Kane was the World Cup Golden Boot winner in 2018. In Euro 2020/1 scored in the last 16, Quarters and Semi. And in the most recent WC scored in both knockout games. Yes he missed a penalty, as every great player in history has. I'm really struggling to see your argument here pal.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course he'll start. 99% of the English population would have him starting as well. Kane was the World Cup Golden Boot winner in 2018. In Euro 2020/1 scored in the last 16, Quarters and Semi. And in the most recent WC scored in both knockout games. Yes he missed a penalty, as every great player in history has. I'm really struggling to see your argument here pal.
He’s a penalty merchant and missed the one that mattered against france. He’s not fast he doesn’t cover every blade of grass. He’s a right time right place player. Bayern have got worse since he joined not better. Another trophy less season awaits Harry. Must be a coincidence. Hyped up by the English media I really don’t see how he’s any better Watkins at the present moment. Good option but he’s lazy. We want players that can make things happen. Put Bellingham up front now that lad knows how to play ball

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s a penalty merchant and missed the one that mattered against france. He’s not fast he doesn’t cover every blade of grass. He’s a right time right place player. Bayern have got worse since he joined not better. Another trophy less season awaits Harry. Must be a coincidence. Hyped up by the English media I really don’t see how he’s any better Watkins at the present moment. Good option but he’s lazy. We want players that can make things happen. Put Bellingham up front now that lad knows how to play ball

I mean that's just an absolute load of rubbish isn't it. It's such a common trait among football fans that because you rate one player you therefore have to demean his alternative. Watkins is a really useful player to have, but Kane is genuinely world class. If you can't see that I really don't know what else to add.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I mean that's just an absolute load of rubbish isn't it. It's such a common trait among football fans that because you rate one player you therefore have to demean his alternative. Watkins is a really useful player to have, but Kane is genuinely world class. If you can't see that I really don't know what else to add.
I think he’s got good quality but he is past his best years. That’s what we are relying on

Back
Top Bottom