Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today’s Games 2023-2024

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The best thing for Wolves is that the league standard this season is very very ordinary, which helps us as we're not great.
I was listening to a Villa fan on the radio yesterday saying that their fans are quite flat considering they're right at the top....they know they're playing the percentages well and have their tails up, but it's pretty routine football and yet they keep winning.
This should not be 'top of the table' football....but look at Man City's bored displays, Chelsea's terrible defence, United's terrible defence, Klopp's warnings after losing all those players in the summer and yet they're top of the league while looking like a shadow of previous teams.
After our own woes in the summer, three very expensive teams should have put Wolves to sleep at Molineux this season yet we've deservedly beaten all of them

Sirstancullis

Reaction score
The best thing for Wolves is that the league standard this season is very very ordinary, which helps us as we're not great.
I was listening to a Villa fan on the radio yesterday saying that their fans are quite flat considering they're right at the top....they know they're playing the percentages well and have their tails up, but it's pretty routine football and yet they keep winning.
This should not be 'top of the table' football....but look at Man City's bored displays, Chelsea's terrible defence, United's terrible defence, Klopp's warnings after losing all those players in the summer and yet they're top of the league while looking like a shadow of previous teams.
After our own woes in the summer, three very expensive teams should have put Wolves to sleep this season yet we've beaten all of them.
Bang on the money!!!

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After our own woes in the summer, three very expensive teams should have put Wolves to sleep at Molineux this season yet we've deservedly beaten all of them
The thing is will it improve in future seasons or become more ordinary?

The more rich owners coming in who don’t have a clue won’t help. Neither will the fact the big 4 is almost the big 8 with Newcastle and Villa.

Top players are now being spread between more clubs.

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
Number of times ManU have been caught offside. Really is something rotten in the state of Cold Trafford. Long may it continue.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seeing United lose is always a pleasure but I'm also enjoying seeing Coady partner Dane Vestergaard in defence in front of the former goalkeeper from my local team Brøndby, tonight at Ipswich. Doing well so far

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love watching Utd lose. I bet if I went to any of the pubs up here in Yorkshire it will be filled with plastics in red and black scarves. ********s.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Was just going to type this as Man United scored (now disallowed), but Man United haven't been that bad in this game and Villa haven't been that great. Man United's defence is dodgy, well their keeper anyway, but Villa haven't really created much, scored one very sketchy goal, and United have created loads of chances. Villa seem wide open at the back and fortunate to be in front. Think the overall narrative at the moment is that Man United are rubbish and Villa are great and feeds into how everyone views the game. If that United goal had stood I could have seen them at least getting level.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How come a keeper is allowed to wipe a player out, even if he gets the ball, but an outfield player isn't?
Didn't really wipe him out was a great tackle got there first won the ball and Rashford's momentum meant there was always going to be collision.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How come a keeper is allowed to wipe a player out, even if he gets the ball, but an outfield player isn't?

In that case, because catching Rasford was accidental. The keeper went for the ball, got the ball, and the contact with Rasford was incidental. Rashford did nothing wrong going down, so I think they got that decision spot on.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In that case, because catching Rasford was accidental. The keeper went for the ball, got the ball, and the contact with Rasford was incidental. Rashford did nothing wrong going down, so I think they got that decision spot on.
Rashford bottled it. He could have got a foot on ball but pulls out. If he had Martinez walks.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
That’s now a goal and a nailed on penalty that Man Utd have cost themselves with lazy offsides.

WolvesKop

Reaction score
Why have Amazon shown a picture of Nunes in a Wolves shirt when informing viewers that they can watch Brentford vs Wolves on Amazon prime ? Lol

Back
Top Bottom