Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today’s Games 2023-2024

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You wouldn't see that given in the EPL. You must be joking. You are aware of our incompetents?
I am aware, but even then, we don't give handballs for that. UEFA gets it wrong on handballs all the time. Totally different interpretation.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's not even VAR as such at this point, UEFA's interpretation of the handball is all wrong. IFAB need to have a word.
Ref didnt give it - until he was advised. Someone must have reminded him there was big money at stake.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guess someone reminded the ref who pays him.

What a game. Sigh.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know it's a disgraceful decision but I am loving the fact Newcastle were cheated after all the decisions that go their way. I bet Howe saw this one.

Also Darren Fletcher is a Premier League commentator and he's saying he's not seen one like this before, that it wouldn't be given in the Premier League yet it's the same as Joao Gomes' at Luton. ****.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another poor decision, they are given less regular over here though, compared to UEFA competitions and leagues like Serie A.
So... you're saying that they're different levels of incompetence?

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know it's a disgraceful decision but I am loving the fact Newcastle were cheated after all the decisions that go their way. I bet Howe saw this one.

Also Darren Fletcher is a Premier League commentator and he's saying he's not seen one like this before, that it wouldn't be given in the Premier League yet it's the same as Joao Gomes' at Luton. ****.
Made my night.

DJLWolf

Reaction score

Sat here with a big smile on my face.

After years of getting away with ridiculous decisions against us, it's made my evening to see them get done over.

Welcome to our world, Eddie.How'd you like them apples?

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Newcastle learn the hard way that there’s a pecking order in Europe and money talks. Remember Chelsea having to do similar against Barcelona in 2009. I’m sorry but there’s no way that’s a penalty and no way it can be anything other than a corrupt VAR call imo.

Be interesting to see Howe’s reaction. Newcastle have got a lot of favourable VAR decisions in the Premier League but away at PSG when you’re on the verge of effectively knocking them out of the CL is another level.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Find it weird people enjoying another bad decision. Regardless of the opposition, just a ****ing weird way to live.
This is the reason that nothing will ever be done about VAR and the way it's currently implemented.
If fanbases of all Premier League clubs would pull together for the common cause, the authorities and likes of the PGMOL would be ****ed!
But no, we rather moan when it's us, and take the **** when it isn't!!!

DJLWolf

Reaction score
Find it weird people enjoying another bad decision. Regardless of the opposition, just a ****ing weird way to live.
Oppressed v the advantaged.

It's only because it's Newcastle for me.

I could never want anything but failure for them given who owns that football club.

And the fact they swore blind that joke penalty against us was a penalty.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Newcastle get so many decisions their way domestically and Howe says nothing.

It's great when it goes against him.

If he was gracious, fair and honest, there would be sympathy for them.
And in turn, why should anyone give a hoot about Wolves decisions?

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And in turn, why should anyone give a hoot about Wolves decisions?
They don't, that's the point.

We've been wronged more than anyone for around 12 months. Nobody has stuck up for us, and it's not getting better.

Newcastle have benefited twice from disgraceful decisions in that period, and they've been ****s about it both times.

So, this is funny, IMO.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They don't, that's the point.

We've been wronged more than anyone for around 12 months. Nobody has stuck up for us, and it's not getting better.

Newcastle have benefited twice from disgraceful decisions in that period, and they've been ****s about it both times.

So, this is funny, IMO.
Strange bloke. Rather score points over the Internet and hold some weird petty parasocial argument than just actually go along as fans to say enough is enough. Just strange.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another good game ultimately decides by VAR
A shocking decision
Tomorrow night will be the same

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep, and it’s why things will never change.

Football is just a game of people celebrating decisions against other teams now.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Strange bloke. Rather score points over the Internet and hold some weird petty parasocial argument than just actually go along as fans to say enough is enough. Just strange.
I'm strange and you post that lol.

I don't want Newcastle to win. They've benefited from soooo many bad decisions in the past, they got a taste of their medicine and it's caused uproar. I said it was funny. Not that deep. I didn't want the **** to win but they did. Oh well.

With the actual point, enough is enough for what? What can we do? The majority of bad decisions (for us anyway) are referee related (tonight was VAR in fairness). So what do you suggest we do?

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Haven't seen replays properly but looked to me like Gordon fouled Hakimi. What was the consensus on that?

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm strange and you post that lol.

I don't want Newcastle to win. They've benefited from soooo many bad decisions in the past, they got a taste of their medicine and it's caused uproar. I said it was funny. Not that deep. I didn't want the **** to win but they did. Oh well.

With the actual point, enough is enough for what? What can we do? The majority of bad decisions (for us anyway) are referee related (tonight was VAR in fairness). So what do you suggest we do?
You're cheering a bad decision as some point of joy.

Not that PSG scored, not that they equalised late, no, cheering that Newcastle got stiffed by the officials and that's a source of joy because we had it happen.

Fans and ownership on a united front would eventually force a change, instead people would rather take the pee out of each other whilst the standard of the game continues to drop.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You're cheering a bad decision as some point of joy.

Not that PSG scored, not that they equalised late, no, cheering that Newcastle got stiffed by the officials and that's a source of joy because we had it happen.

Fans and ownership on a united front would eventually force a change, instead people would rather take the pee out of each other whilst the standard of the game continues to drop.
Good points. Newcastle were cheated and there is no sign that this will end. GON took a mature approach. I hope Howe does the same.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The sport that means so much to millions all round the world is going down the toilet and some fans think it’s funny. Unbelievable.

I hate Man U, watching them fail gives me a ridiculous amount of happiness. But I couldn’t even smile at watching them lose in Europe a few weeks ago (4-3, forget who they played) due to how ****ing stupid the red card and penalty were. Actually felt quite sad at the state of the game.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The sport that means so much to millions all round the world is going down the toilet and some fans think it’s funny. Unbelievable.

I hate Man U, watching them fail gives me a ridiculous amount of happiness. But I couldn’t even smile at watching them lose in Europe a few weeks ago (4-3, forget who they played) due to how ****ing stupid the red card and penalty were. Actually felt quite sad at the state of the game.

That's very dramatic.

Was the sport going down the toilet when Maradona cheated to knock England out of a World Cup? When Henry did it to Ireland? I could go on and on and on.

The only difference is now that you've got a new thing to blame - VAR. The reality is bad decisions have impacted the game forever, and will continue to do so. Yet you're happy if a bad decision is given as long as a ref doesn't go to a screen? That doesn't really make sense.

Again, I don't enjoy teams suffering normally.

Eddie 'I haven't seen a replay yet' Howe suffering with a bad decision is funny. They deserve it. Just like we deserve some good fortune.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's very dramatic.

Was the sport going down the toilet when Maradona cheated to knock England out of a World Cup? When Henry did it to Ireland? I could go on and on and on.

The only difference is now that you've got a new thing to blame - VAR. The reality is bad decisions have impacted the game forever, and will continue to do so. Yet you're happy if a bad decision is given as long as a ref doesn't go to a screen? That doesn't really make sense.

Eddie 'I haven't seen a replay yet' Howe suffering with a bad decision is funny. They deserve it. Just like we deserve some good fortune.
It’s not dramatic at all in my opinion. I had no issue with bad decision’s previously, they happen.

As I said, its the way the rules are interpreted now that ****es me off.

You see see so many decisions now for fouls and handballs that would never have been given 10 years ago. They’d have been laughed at 25 years ago.
You see so many goals disallowed for millimetre off sides that would have been goals 5 years ago and no one would have batted an eyelid.

I’m in a WhatsApp group with lads in a football team. Aged 19-35 ish. Comments during televised games over the last few weeks have included “I don’t even really enjoy watching football anymore” “games ****ed” “football is **** now”.

If you think the way the rules are implemented now is just as good as 10/20/30 years ago then happy days. I totally disagree.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's very dramatic.

However annoying it was people could grudgingly accept pre-VAR that officials could make a mistake when events happened in the blink of an eye

What is absolutely unacceptable is mistakes happening after viewings of repeated multiple camera angles

Ridding the game of VAR is the one and only thing that unites all fans. It has stolen so much from the game we all love

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s not dramatic at all in my opinion. I had no issue with bad decision’s previously, they happen.

As I said, its the way the rules are interpreted now that ****es me off.

You see see so many decisions now for fouls and handballs that would never have been given 10 years ago. They’d have been laughed at 25 years ago.
You see so many goals disallowed for millimetre off sides that would have been goals 5 years ago and no one would have batted an eyelid.

I’m in a WhatsApp group with lads in a football team. Aged 19-35 ish. Comments during televised games over the last few weeks have included “I don’t even really enjoy watching football anymore” “games ****ed” “football is **** now”.

If you think the way the rules are implemented now is just as good as 10/20/30 years ago then happy days. I totally disagree.
Fair enough, completely valid points and your opinion.

It was initially responding to you thinking I was laughing at the game ‘going down the toilet’. I laughed at Newcastle receiving a taste of their own medicine. That’s not really VAR related.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
However annoying it was people could grudgingly accept pre-VAR that officials could make a mistake when events happened in the blink of an eye

What is absolutely unacceptable is mistakes happening after viewings of repeated multiple camera angles

Ridding the game of VAR is the one and only thing that unites all fans. It has stolen so much from the game we all love
You’re not the only one to say this but respectfully I disagree.

Ridding VAR means every decision bar Joao Gomes on Monday STILL goes against us.

I genuinely 100% believe the vast majority of Wolves fans would be demanding technology come into the game had this happened in a pre-VAR world. No way would they be ‘grudgingly accepted’, IMO. There would be similar outrage, just directed in a slightly different way.

Back
Top Bottom