Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today’s Games 2023-2024

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
how on earth can there be 5 minutes added on?

After the Leeds 4th they celebrated for at least 1-2 minutes, never mind the 8 subs and boro goal.

Crazy. Suspect it should have been closer to 8 mins

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Dirty Leeds make it up to the Premier next season all it will mean is the Yorkshire rotation system of Sheffield United being one of the relegated sides one year and Leeds the next will be continuing

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe it’s just me because I never wanted it brought in. I still think that the vast majority of people attending games don’t want it and wouldn’t change their minds even when getting decisions going against their team. But maybe l’m wrong and you’re right, who knows.
All I can say is everyone that I sit by at the match and everyone in the pub despises VAR. I haven't met anyone in favour of it.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think if the linesman had put his flag up for offside and the Torp effort was disallowed onfield and then VAR showed that in fact he was 1mm onside and the goal was given no-one would be.complaining about VAR.

Yes but the point is before VAR those offsides were NEVER given. Even if the writing in the law books said that was offside, the de facto offside rule was really 'did the linesmen clearly see the player in front'. This gave the benefit of the doubt to the attacker (which I think most people liked?).

VAR suddenly appears and the offside rule that everyone had used for decades gets changed overnight without anyone saying that would be the case, NO ONE sold VAR on the premise that examples like a striker pointing a finger where they wanted the ball to go would suddenly disallow a goal that would have previously counted. Not to mention it is now clear that a striker leaning naturally while running in one direction is actually offside even if his feet are well behind the defenders, which again were never given previously. I don't think football is better because of this "rule change".

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought it would need a month without VAR to get people back supporting it, but it might just be a weekend.

That Leeds decision is terrible, and people forget how bad officials are. But it's a hard job, so you're always going to get mistakes.

This is a low scoring sport, it matters.

I actually find it hard to grasp that in instances like tonight people think a clear offside goal should stand just because we don't want the Leeds fans to have celebrated for no reason, or to wait 20 seconds.
I think most people would be happy with VAR semi-automated offsides and then just rely on the officials for the rest as VAR is still subjective for most decisions and so there's no real point

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Remarkable effort from National League South side Truro City in staying up this season. They had to play their home games at Plymouth Parkway's ground due to their Truro stadium being rebuilt. Thanks to the utter monsoon season that hit the South West ( as well as the rest of the country ! ) the pitch at Plymouth was so badly waterlogged by late December that Truro were forced to play a good amount of home games at Taunton and elsewhere. Truro to Taunton is a good 2 hour plus journey by the way.

They ended up jamming in a remarkable and totally draining 13 games in four weeks to end the season on time. Not overlooking the fact that Truro are of course semi pro, so these blokes work then play in the evening and Saturdays. Still it is nothing compared to the packed and over the top schedule Pep and Jurgen have to deal with and tell us all about every sodding time they open their traps while the lifeblood teams of the British game like Truro just get on with it :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Watfordfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think most people would be happy with VAR semi-automated offsides and then just rely on the officials for the rest as VAR is still subjective for most decisions and so there's no real point
Yes agree and really all this could have been thought about before but Wenger , Warnock , Pulis and people at Sky demanded it all as if nothing would ever go wrong .

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Enzo absolutely bodied by odegaard……

But Saka when it has mattered this season his form the last few weeks has turned into a physical representation of being “spursy”

Hahaha

WolvesAndCows

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Chelsea coming back into it. Could and should have been more goals at both ends.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Southampton have been hopeless. You'd think they have nothing to play for from this performance. Got to give it a go 2nd half.

Back
Top Bottom