Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today’s Games 2023-2024

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When you consider the level of players in the Ipswich side, McKenna has worked wonders this season, but in the end the Premier League talent in this Southampton team seems far too much for them to handle.

edit: 2-2 as I say that! Southampton just stopped playing.

The great thing about Ipswich is they never know when they are beaten. For 60/65 minutes Southampton were dominant, but the Tractor Boys kept going and got their reward.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mosquera playing right back for Villareal tonight against Atletico. Playing quite well to be fair. Villareal been quite the resurgence for them as they were in a relegation scrap in January, now they're in the race for 7th.

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Hull playing some good football. Is it me or is Hull’s kit more of an old gold colour than the more yellowy colour Castore have managed with ours?

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mosquera playing right back for Villareal tonight against Atletico. Playing quite well to be fair. Villareal been quite the resurgence for them as they were in a relegation scrap in January, now they're in the race for 7th.
Guedes still looks lightweight be lucky to off load him in the summer

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hull playing some good football. Is it me or is Hull’s kit more of an old gold colour than the more yellowy colour Castore have managed with ours?
I’d say it’s too orange to be classed as old gold.
They officially play in amber, but I guess that’s as vague a term as old gold.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You mention their luck a lot, what luck have they had? 3 out the last 4 times they’ve been in the play offs they’ve failed miserably
They will bottle the play offs and it will be Comedy Central. Even if they won every game (6) they can only finish 3rd. Bottler baggies we call them

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Always think of a stately home when I hear Dewsbury Hall. I imagine it's in the Cotswolds or Lincolnshire. "Had a great day out at Dewsbury Hall, we went around the house, saw the priestholes and later the kids enjoyed watching the deer in the great park.
Sounds more like a Young Person’s Remand Centre to me. “Trey Dooney spent 8 weeks at Dewsbury Hall after a series of unprovoked assaults.”
You're such a romantic!

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because Conor coady isn’t a very good actual defender!

Great organiser and communicator, but his stats for duals won, tackles made and headers won are not good enough and for a team struggling like they are, he isn’t what is needed.

Great bloke, world class professional and club ambassador but he isn’t a very good defender technically if you break it down by what Leicester need.
I agree, just we're talking Champ level here and Leicester have struggled as of late. Hence why I said they should move back to a 5 and trust in their attackers to get them over the line, which are probably the best in the division as a collective.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree, just we're talking Champ level here and Leicester have struggled as of late. Hence why I said they should move back to a 5 and trust in their attackers to get them over the line, which are probably the best in the division as a collective.

But if he was good enough, he would be playing in that team if he was fit and seen like he could fix their problems.

That is now a **** poor Everton team he couldn’t get into when the business end kicked in and a Leicester team in free fall.

His leadership qualities are undeniable and top class and we will struggle to name a better captain for the club for some time to come!! But his limitations as an actual defender are starting to affect him and his selection.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But if he was good enough, he would be playing in that team if he was fit and seen like he could fix their problems.

That is now a **** poor Everton team he couldn’t get into when the business end kicked in and a Leicester team in free fall.

His leadership qualities are undeniable and top class and we will struggle to name a better captain for the club for some time to come!! But his limitations as an actual defender are starting to affect him and his selection.
Oh I agree, especially in a 4. I have similar questions about Kilman so not blinded by the Wolves connection, albeit in different ways. Coady will likely end up back where he did when we first signed him, as a CDM for a midtable Championship club.

We'll see how Leicester end up, but safe to say their crop of CBs isn't great in general. A 5 can help cover that up a bit.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh I agree, especially in a 4. I have similar questions about Kilman so not blinded by the Wolves connection, albeit in different ways. Coady will likely end up back where he did when we first signed him, as a CDM for a midtable Championship club.

We'll see how Leicester end up, but safe to say their crop of CBs isn't great in general. A 5 can help cover that up a bit.

But the issue for Conor is that his individual actual defensive stats are so poor! He is more likely to be a weak link than help as his tackle, arial dual and other key individual defensive stats are likely to be targeted by the opponent.

Love the man for what he did for us! He will be a club legend with zero debate in the fan base, but he is now in the middle of a massive and rapid decline on the pitch in terms of his ability to impact it for any team at the top end of the championship.

Feels so wrong saying that! As I only want great things for coady after all he did for the club and his leadership for the players, but the amazing relationship he had with us and his passion!

Back
Top Bottom