Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today’s Games 2023-2024

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Howe seems to have gone from hero to zero with Newcastle fans online.

wootty54

Reaction score
Just listening to TalkSport and they're saying that one Blackburn penalty and two Newcastle penalties should have been retaken because the keepers weren't on their lines.

What job does the linesman have at a penalty kick?
Talksport are correct. If var had been in operation all 3 would/should have been retaken. The winning save was probably the most blatant as, on rewinding my recording, Dubravka had taken that small step forward before the kicker had made contact with the ball.
Unfortunately the lino failed to do his job and missed all 3 tonight.

Am I correct in the assumption that VAR will be in operation tomorrow night for the Brighton game?

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
If Luton go down, I’d love to see what O’Neil could do with Ross Barkley. He looks rejuvenated at the moment.
In the form he's in, I would take him in a shot. Him in front of Lemina and Gomez would give us the creativity we need. But Barkley has past history so dont know how he would fit into our team personality-wise.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Talksport are correct. If var had been in operation all 3 would/should have been retaken. The winning save was probably the most blatant as, on rewinding my recording, Dubravka had taken that small step forward before the kicker had made contact with the ball.
Unfortunately the lino failed to do his job and missed all 3 tonight.

Am I correct in the assumption that VAR will be in operation tomorrow night for the Brighton game?

I presume VAR will be used. However, in my opinion it shouldn’t be. How can there be different rules in the same competition. Either they all use VAR, or they don’t use it.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Luton go down, I’d love to see what O’Neil could do with Ross Barkley. He looks rejuvenated at the moment.

I don’t think anyone ever doubted his ability, it was just his attitude that was sometimes questioned. Barkley looks like a different player at Luton Town, he seems to be enjoying his game and his undoubted skill has been there to see. I wonder whether a bigger club come in for him, or maybe he will be happy to stay at Luton.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
che the answer adams just took a throw in that didnt go on the pitch so it had to be collected and retaken, quite strange to see

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
More important things this eve but Leeds away strip ......Yuck.

With you 100% it is easily one of the worst kits there is.

Last time I looked Chelsea's blue kit does not clash with Leeds all white one so why the change ......... Oh trust me I know, it is because these teams are contracted to wear these garish offerings a couple of times a season. Being an old git of nearly 60 I cannot recall many ( if any ) teams ever having a third kit !!!!!!!!

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Last time I looked Chelsea's blue kit does not clash with Leeds all white one so why the change ......... Oh trust me I know, it is because these teams are contracted to wear these garish offerings a couple of times a season. Being an old git of nearly 60 I cannot recall many ( if any ) teams ever having a third kit !!!!!!!!

I don’t think teams had a third kit back then, and I am sure teams only changed kits when there was a colour clash. Now it seems teams change kits for the sake of it. Not only Leeds, but why did Brighton change their kit last night?

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think teams had a third kit back then, and I am sure teams only changed kits when there was a colour clash. Now it seems teams change kits for the sake of it. Not only Leeds, but why did Brighton change their kit last night?
Yes, it's madness but all about clubs cashing in I suppose.
I remember our change of strip being white top and black shorts donkey's years ago. Only Norwich, Watford, Blackpool and Southport would have facilitated a change.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Back in the seventies, the change of jersey for a fair few teams was yellow as I remember Leeds playing in all yellow ( suited those cowardly cheap shot artists !!! ) Derby, Spurs, Arsenal. Southampton, Newcastel and Everton all wore yellow jerseys with dark shorts. Man Utd and Liverpool wore white tops and black shorts. Wolves, Leicester, Villa Sunderland and West Ham went down the all white route. Birmingham City when forced to change from their blue penguin kit wore an all red version of it. Our upcoming FA Cup rivals Coventry must have been the only team ever to have worn a brown away kit as they did when wearing that famous kit with the Talbot T on it. ( Those are worth a mint on Subbuteo by the way !!!)

My Celtic mates laugh at the memory of attending a couple of Celtic v Hibs Cup Finals in the early seventies with the Celtic in their green hoops and Hibs in their green jerseys with white sleeves !!! As they say, no way is that going to happen these days !!!

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Back in the seventies, the change of jersey for a fair few teams was yellow as I remember Leeds playing in all yellow ( suited those cowardly cheap shot artists !!! ) Derby, Spurs, Arsenal. Southampton, Newcastel and Everton all wore yellow jerseys with dark shorts. Man Utd and Liverpool wore white tops and black shorts. Wolves, Leicester, Villa Sunderland and West Ham went down the all white route. Birmingham City when forced to change from their blue penguin kit wore an all red version of it. Our upcoming FA Cup rivals Coventry must have been the only team ever to have worn a brown away kit as they did when wearing that famous kit with the Talbot T on it. ( Those are worth a mint on Subbuteo by the way !!!)

My Celtic mates laugh at the memory of attending a couple of Celtic v Hibs Cup Finals in the early seventies with the Celtic in their green hoops and Hibs in their green jerseys with white sleeves !!! As they say, no way is that going to happen these days !!!
Dirty Leeds original colours were yellow with blue shorts til Don the weasel Revie changed them to look like Real Madrid ******

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

West Ham's second strip at the start of the 70's was all sky blue with 2 claret hoops, was a bit of a classic. Don't know why they changed to the white top which they wore in Cup Finals at the start of the 80's. Some of the second strips in those days were class - Man City's red and black stripes, Coventry's green and black.
Whisper it, but even the *****n weren't too bad in their green and yellow.

Lawndog

Reaction score

Man C had 3 kits in the early '70s......

Their normal sky blue tops, white shorts, light blue socks....

'Normal' change strip of black and red striped shirts, black shorts, black(?) socks....

3rd strip.....all white with a purple(?) diagonal stripe on the shirt...

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coventry was poor last Friday v Preston also. Seem to had a few bad league results. They’ve got rotherham and Watford before our game.

RutlandWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
West Ham's second strip at the start of the 70's was all sky blue with 2 claret hoops, was a bit of a classic. Don't know why they changed to the white top which they wore in Cup Finals at the start of the 80's. Some of the second strips in those days were class - Man City's red and black stripes, Coventry's green and black.
Whisper it, but even the *****n weren't too bad in their green and yellow.
Clubs can only sell the unnecessary change kits if there is a demand for them. I never understood why anyone would want to buy one. Stick to buying traditional colours!

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Two awful teams, as I remarked the other day.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have lost count, but I think that is three Lazio players shown the red card. Also ten yellow cards shown in total. A crazy second half. And almost secondary, Milan won 1 - 0.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Coventry much better than West Brom however they looked awful in the final 3rd, West Brom had more know how in how to see that game out.

Back
Top Bottom