Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today’s Games 2023-2024

Alienwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What a surprise, a set piece goal for The Toffees.
Surely, deep down, their fans must know that Dyche-ball isn’t what they want to see every week.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a surprise, a set piece goal for The Toffees.
Surely, deep down, their fans must know that Dyche-ball isn’t what they want to see every week.
It makes you wonder how on earth they managed to get Ancelotti a few years ago! I'd love to see Everton go down, their fans are a smug bunch who think they're part of the Premier League furniture.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It makes you wonder how on earth they managed to get Ancelotti a few years ago! I'd love to see Everton go down, their fans are a smug bunch who think they're part of the Premier League furniture.
Tbh they are a piece of the Premier Lg/ old first division furniture?!

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Palace and Everton too very poor teams. If that is premier league standard I think Gary O’Neil will have a job for life. Our kids are better quality than some of that trash I just watched.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Palace without Eze and Olise are incredibly boring aren't they? I suppose you could say the same about us if we were missing Cunha and Neto!

We are a better team than palace without Neto and cunha than palace without their pair.

We have easily one of the best midfield partnerships in the league.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are a better team than palace without Neto and cunha than palace without their pair.

We have easily one of the best midfield partnerships in the league.
Defensive minded midfield pair only work against better clubs. We need to break down the weaker ones to make them stand out

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Defensive minded midfield pair only work against better clubs. We need to break down the weaker ones to make them stand out

Gomes has more levels that we haven’t seen consistently with his around the box play.

He is much better at late runs, but also close passing around the box that we see as it isn’t something the system has allowed after we went back to 5 at the back and 2 in the midfield.

Gomes has the skills and ability to be a very very good box to box midfielder.

But as a pair, Lemina and Gomes have a significant amount of overlap on the their strengths which doesn’t allow either to stand out fully for their strengths as individuals as much as they should.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gomes has more levels that we haven’t seen consistently with his around the box play.

He is much better at late runs, but also close passing around the box that we see as it isn’t something the system has allowed after we went back to 5 at the back and 2 in the midfield.

Gomes has the skills and ability to be a very very good box to box midfielder.

But as a pair, Lemina and Gomes have a significant amount of overlap on the their strengths which doesn’t allow either to stand out fully for their strengths as individuals as much as they should.
Would a midfield 3 help or restrict? For example if we tried a 4-3-3

Mosquera next to Toti could work with a high line next season obviously

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve got to turn off MNF Sky, Jesse Marche is stealing a living, he bought new white trainers and is going through a sell me this paper clip exercise in an attempt to get another job offer. Total waffler.

Anyone else wish ted lasso was a real person after seeing Jesse marche tonight???

That is the American coach we all want and need in our lives!!!

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would a midfield 3 help or restrict? For example if we tried a 4-3-3

Mosquera next to Toti could work with a high line next season obviously

It would help mate, as it would allow one of them at any time to be more aggressive and add additional bodies in the attacking third or for passing moves.

So for example bellegarde if he was the third one in the more CAM role he is suited to, he could draw the defenders and allow one of the others to break forward or vice versa. But it would allow Gomes to use this aspect of his game that I think very strongly is under seen so far (not a shot at the gaffer) due to how we have to play this season due to the squad balance.

It would also allow Gomes to show more of his range of passing, which isn’t discussed enough on here as he doesn’t get to show it off very often due to Lemina and himself needing to be more recyclers of the ball rather than offering a quarter back option in most games.

But if you look at Gomes, with his engine and ability to read the game, it is crazy how much more there is to see from him that so far we cannot really use due to the structures we have to play right now.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I never understand why anyone would want proper clubs like Everton and Forest to go down to be honest. We have history with both and it is good to have some needle. Imagine the league filled with nothing clubs like Bournemouth, Luton, Brentford among others. Dog****!!

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I never understand why anyone would want proper clubs like Everton and Forest to go down to be honest. We have history with both and it is good to have some needle. Imagine the league filled with nothing clubs like Bournemouth, Luton, Brentford among others. Dog****!!
In a world like that, why have promotion and relegation then. Like the European Super League, let's just have a Premier League full of 'proper clubs' that you select and be done with it. No need for relegation in that instance. Why encourage the 'nothing clubs' with the promise of Premier League riches. Keep them in their places. o_O

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In a world like that, why have promotion and relegation then. Like the European Super League, let's just have a Premier League full of 'proper clubs' that you select and be done with it. No need for relegation in that instance. Why encourage the 'nothing clubs' with the promise of Premier League riches. Keep them in their places. o_O

Who said we shouldn't have promotion and relegation? I said I don't understand why anyone would want bigger clubs with pedigree dropping out. I didn't say it shouldn't happen.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who said we shouldn't have promotion and relegation? I said I don't understand why anyone would want bigger clubs with pedigree dropping out. I didn't say it shouldn't happen.
No, you didn't; that's my take on what you implied when you somehow believe that 'proper clubs' (your words) were somehow more deserving of a place in the Prem than 'nothing clubs' (your words).
At the moment, the Premier League is a meritocracy where clubs finish where they deserve to; allowing for cheating (Everton and Forest) and of course how clubs were able to spend their wealth, which is a different argument.
Personally, I prefer that clubs (regardless of whether they are 'proper' or 'nothing') can have their moments in the sun. I love that clubs like Wimbledon, Coventry, Wigan etc... can win the FA Cup; that Leicester of Blackburn can win the Prem and that Bournemouth and Brentford and Swindon and Barnsley etc... can play in the Prem.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well they are to be fair. It has been 70 years in a row.
My point is many of their fans think they have a divine right to be in this league. No doubt they’ve done well to hang around at this level for as long as they have, but a spell in the Championship would certainly knock them down a peg or two.

Their reaction to the FFP punishments has been quite frankly laughable. Everyone is to blame but themselves.

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hate it when they’re on, particularly on Friday nights. I suppose the Scottish Championship matches are usually entertaining though. I will occasionally flick the channel and maybe watch a bit if they’re losing though.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
I have just opened the TV guide for next week to find that the Albion are on live YET AGAIN and wait for it, not once but twice !!! Saturday lunchtime away to Hull and then next Friday home to Coventry. I swear the only side Sky have more live coverage of than them is bleeding Manure !!!!!!
It's funny because it's true!

Back
Top Bottom