Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today’s Games 2023-2024

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely appalling decision in the Rotherham v Stoke game. Right in front of the lino and referee a Stoke player is elbowed in the face but nothing given. Very clear. What on earth were they doing. Auditioning for the EPL maybe?
Cundle well involved.
Stoke score from a great free kick, central just outside the box.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Blackburn's 19 goal (16 in the league) striker fell mysteriously ill and therefore misses the West Brom game.

They always get a break.

If we beat Brentford, watch Neto and Cunha go down with food poisoning from dodgy prawns at the hotel.
There's a conspiracy in every corner.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sasa off after 60. A "good to get minutes in his legs" performance. He had a couple moments of being involved, but ultimately nothing much.

The announcers were saying the lad who came on for him has been publicly criticized by the coach a few times for lack of effort in training and not playing well, so I guess we will see.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Var is just pot luck these days aint it lol. Thats a terrible tackle and im not sure how thats not a red.
That’s horrendous. Ok, he’s stumbling at the time so seemingly not intentional, but that’s nothing to do with it, is it? All day red, and infinitely worse than Gomes’ red.
Utter nonsense as always. Can’t believe haven’t appealed the red, as can cite so many similar or worse incidents that weren’t penalised as strongly, even from the same game.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There have been two abounded games in League One this afternoon; one caused by a Mass Pitch Invasion at Reading in protest at there owner against Port Vale and the other in Bolton Wanderers v Cheltenham Town was ended due to a medical emergency in the crowd.

Last edited:

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s horrendous. Ok, he’s stumbling at the time so seemingly not intentional, but that’s nothing to do with it, is it? All day red, and infinitely worse than Gomes’ red.
Utter nonsense as always. Can’t believe haven’t appealed the red, as can cite so many similar or worse incidents that weren’t penalised as strongly, even from the same game.

The stumbling just makes it more of a red for me, it shows he was out of control when he decided to make the challenge.

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep, he’s not usually too bad but he’s had some absolute shockers this season. The one he gave Utd the other night was embarrassing. He’s perfectly placed, takes his time and still gets it wrong.
Could be he needs a warm weather training break :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The tunnel sounded like a morgue as the players were lining up to enter the pitch.

I miss the old days when each team would sprint out onto the pitch and head straight to their end.

Players look brainwashed now as they slowly walk out ready for the boring hand shakes. Footballs got to soft.

Yorkshire Wolf

Reaction score
The tunnel sounded like a morgue as the players were lining up to enter the pitch.

I miss the old days when each team would sprint out onto the pitch and head straight to their end.

Players look brainwashed now as they slowly walk out ready for the boring hand shakes. Footballs got to soft.
Sounding like Ferdinand

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Ha ha, got away with one there. Get injured but still try to play it out 30 seconds later. Don't see anything physical there though, just stupid.

Maybe that's harsh, they'll probably change the rules now it's hurt Man City.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm sure we were the first team what suffered due to this ridiculous wait for VAR rule, Patricio at Liverpool when it first came in,I think salah was miles offside and collided with Patricio, Patricio was covered in blood and it was hardly covered.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I'm sure we were the first team what suffered due to this ridiculous wait for VAR rule, Patricio at Liverpool when it first came in,I think salah was miles offside and collided with Patricio, Patricio was covered in blood and it was hardly covered.
I remember Rui getting knocked out cold in a lockdown game after a late offside flag.

I think the biggest example is when Pickford put Van Dijk out for the season.

Watfordfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
There have been two abounded games in League One this afternoon; one caused by a Mass Pitch Invasion at Reading in protest at there owner against Port Vale and the other in Bolton Wanderers v Cheltenham Town was ended due to a medical emergency in the crowd.
Hope the Bolton fan is ok .

Puts things into perspective.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The state of football now though, it’s laughable. No flagging for obvious offsides, red cards for decent tackles, VAR giving penalties for nothing, 10 mins injury time, ‘player of the match’ awards, ffp rules in place to protect the big clubs, the gulf between the prem and championship bigger than ever, absurd kick off times…… could go on and on.

Give it 10 years I think all traditional football fans like us will have walked away. The games a joke.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Another player injured because the linesman didn’t flag straight away.
But they're told not to in order to give an advantage to the attacking team just in case they were onside. Sometimes a player looks obviously offside to the naked eye but they aren't and if a linesman had flagged everyone would be up in arms. A Newcastle goal that looked way offside at Sheffield United a few years back was a good example. One of my pet hates is commentators and pundits complaining about linesmen not raising their flags when they absolutely have no choice in the matter. They would also be the first to criticise a linesman for putting their flag up and getting it wrong.

JadeWolf

Reaction score
But they're told not to in order to give an advantage to the attacking team just in case they were onside. Sometimes a player looks obviously offside to the naked eye but they aren't and if a linesman had flagged everyone would be up in arms. A Newcastle goal that looked way offside at Sheffield United a few years back was a good example. One of my pet hates is commentators and pundits complaining about linesmen not raising their flags when they absolutely have no choice in the matter. They would also be the first to criticise a linesman for putting their flag up and getting it wrong.
I understand why but I think the potential downsides of not flagging are worse than the benefits.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
I understand why but I think the potential downsides of not flagging are worse than the benefits.
I disagree, it's really rare in that situation for an bad injury to happen to a player but it sometimes happens. A player can get injured on virtually any attack in the game. I'd rather the law stayed as it was just in case a goal is wrongly disallowed. I think the benefits outweigh the costs., but I agree it really feels bad when it happens to your team. Referees and pundits want it both ways though, advantage to attacking teams and linesmen to flag.

JadeWolf

Reaction score
I disagree, it's really rare in that situation for a bad injury to happen to a player but it sometimes happens. A player can get injured on virtually any attack in the game. I'd rather the law stayed as it was just in case a goal is wrongly disallowed. I think the benefits outweigh the costs., but I agree it really feels bad when it happens to your team. Referees and pundits want it both ways though, advantage to attacking teams and linesmen to flag.
I think the issue is sometimes they don’t flag a clear offside.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
I think the issue is sometimes they don’t flag a clear offside.
I know that's frustrating but it's not always as clear as it looks. I actually think that Newcastle chance was a case in point. Everyone was looking at the right winger who was way offside, but the ball went to the player in the centre who was only just offside.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know Liverpool are top, but city are that much better than rest of the league. This is like watching men versus boys. Brilliant goal.

JadeWolf

Reaction score
Brilliant save by Dubravka. City seen in the mood tonight.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Am I missing something what are Newcastle moaning about it was clear Gordon tried to grab Dias arm as well but just fell over?

Back
Top Bottom