Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today’s games - 2021-22

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The bottom three after 9 games last year went down
That’s true, but only because last years bottom 3 were awful pretty much all season and distinctly worse than the rest of the league.

Even if you think we’re at risk this season, despite the fact we’ve only managed to pick up one result and even if we lose tomorrow too we’ll still likely be outside of the bottom 3 because there are plenty of teams of a similar level down their right now.

Some will kick on, others will drop in. Let’s see where we are 10 or so games in, double the number we’ve played so far before writing us off completely.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jota has really kicked-on at Liverpool. Is it because he has matured, or playing with better players of was hamstrung by Nuno's tactics at Wolves? Probably a bit of all three, but every time I see him now, he looks real class.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jota has really kicked-on at Liverpool. Is it because he has matured, or playing with better players of was hamstrung by Nuno's tactics at Wolves? Probably a bit of all three, but every time I see him now, he looks real class.
Ive seen him have some poor games there tbf
Lets face it they are different class to us normally

T

TheConcourse

When will commentators call out cheating for what it is?....instead of calling it game management?!!!
****es me right off, I'd sooner they ignored it, than try to make it out to be something it isn't!!!
Game management is worse than VAR. ****ing game management.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Still incredibly streaky, but the sheer volume of chances that Liverpool generate kind of hides it.

With us he'd get two or three chances per game, with Liverpool he gets 5 or 6

Mr Sizzle

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Horrible obnoxious group but got to hand it to them / they are are great team built with a modest budget.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pretty sure he signed for Newcastle just after that....surely they've gotta more peeved than us?!!!

I read somewhere that a fair percentage of Newcastle fans were not best pleased with " St Rafa " who never really gave him a chance. From what I can gather it was very much like when Mark " I am a God " McGhee never gave Jason Roberts a chance and he went on to do pretty well elsewhere !

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have to hand it to Brentford. They must have an amazing scouting/ recruitment team. They appear to have signed some excellent players for relatively modest sums. Their time wasting is very poor but this side are not going down this season.
They use the moneyball model.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have to hand it to Brentford. They must have an amazing scouting/ recruitment team. They appear to have signed some excellent players for relatively modest sums. Their time wasting is very poor but this side are not going down this season.
They are an an absolute high. Will have a great 18 months.

Shows the value of selling players at their peak

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Brentford playing well. Makes their anti-football tactics last week even more bizarre. They could have done us 3 or 4 if they’d have gone for it instead of ****ing about pretending to be injured.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't see how anyone can legitimately be cheering for a relegation rival. And I dislike Livarpool.

Suppose one could argue that Brentford will be nowhere near the bottom third so not really our rival...

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just equalised.

3 goals scored against Liverpool, who clearly have a worse defence than we have!

Seriously though, this Brentford side, for all their shocking time-wasting tactics, are a bunch of fighters - with some quality.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brentford- Full of confidence and on the crest of a wave, watch them do a Sheffield Utd.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't see how anyone can legitimately be cheering for a relegation rival. And I dislike Livarpool.

Suppose one could argue that Brentford will be nowhere near the bottom third so not really our rival...
Because I really hate Liverpool.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
**** off Jota.

Great battling performance from Brentford, shows the value of unfussy getting men in the box attacks. They're also superb at winning the ball back.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So if you want to negate their diving and theatrics, the key is never to allow them to lead!
Credit to them though, plenty of fight and more than a dose of quality too.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That ship sailed long ago. Very much doubt he'd come here.

7 years ago. Far more recently, about the time we bought Fabio, Brentford bought Toney to replace Watkins to Villa. Presumably his medical was fine now.

Back
Top Bottom