Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today’s games - 2021-22

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's an absolute travesty this group of players are going to be permanently in the hands of a failed Middlesbrough manager.

Lifeless, negative, one paced dross.

Just like watching Wolves to be fair.
Zero lessons learned from the last World Cup and the Euro’s. Southgate is a poor manager that’s had lucky breaks.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Zero lessons learned from the last World Cup and the Euro’s. Southgate is a poor manager that’s had lucky breaks.

To say the least.

I didn't think it possible for us to get an easier draw than 2018 but we somehow managed it in the Euros.

And yet, even after going 1-0 up within 5 minutes at home to an Italian side (who've now failed to reach the 2 consecutive World Cups) he ****s it up by reverting to negative crap.

Nice bloke but I'm sick to death of him as a manager. Doesn't help watching such equal boredom at club level I suppose.

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Far too many players way off it tonight. Playing at 60% strolling around for the majority of the game and got what they deserved. Passing it around the back for a minute and half with 10 left of the clock. Negative crap

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
7 defensive players against the mighty Hungary,

When did football get like this?

Safety first, beyond negative garbage regardless of what you have at your disposal?

Yep. It is garbage. 3/5 at the back is garbage. Sick of watching it at our club and sick of seeing it wheeled out at International level when England look crap when we play it.

Watfordfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Far too many players way off it tonight. Playing at 60% strolling around for the majority of the game and got what they deserved. Passing it around the back for a minute and half with 10 left of the clock. Negative crap
Got 3/4 more of these games as well .

The big teams won’t care and be so half hearted you wouldn’t be shocked if Hungry won our group

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
No intensity at all. No pressure on Hungary at all even when we went 1-0 down.

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just to be clear:
The goal wasn’t Coadys fault
The defeat wasn’t Coadys fault
The complete lack of movement wasn’t Coadys fault
The lack of creativity wasn’t Coadys fault
The wing backs not moving forward wasn’t Coadys fault
Mason Mount being a pile of ***** wasn’t Coadys fault.
But he did clear the ball off the line
And he arguably came closest to scoring

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep. It is garbage. 3/5 at the back is garbage. Sick of watching it at our club and sick of seeing it wheeled out at International level when England look crap when we play it.

It's somewhat acceptable when you're playing an opposition capable of hurting you.

When you're clearly better than someone. And consistently see evidence of how to beat that sort of side i.e. by going at them from the off and overwhelming them with your attacking ability, maintaining such robotic dross is nothing short of obscene. It reminded me how we play against the likes of bloody Norwich. Watch every half decent side batter them by attacking but stick to the same old safety first crap instead. Beyond sick of it.

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Hungarians wanted it more
I suppose the atmosphere was too intimidating for the England players

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Garbage , given up my away membership because of him it's dreadful stuff.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To say the least.

I didn't think it possible for us to get an easier draw than 2018 but we somehow managed it in the Euros.

And yet, even after going 1-0 up within 5 minutes at home to an Italian side (who've now failed to reach the 2 consecutive World Cups) he ****s it up by reverting to negative crap.

Nice bloke but I'm sick to death of him as a manager. Doesn't help watching such equal boredom at club level I suppose.
I'm starting to come round to that way of thinking. I think he played a part in bringing the squad together but given the riches at his disposal this ay good enough. I felt sorry for the 2000s England managers, despite all our quality players in non-playmaker positions we were always lacking in creative talent, no seriously I mean that; we were always lacking a Gascoigne. I never saw us winning much - we were always brittle and predictable. Now we have those barmy unpredictable lads, players like Foden, Stirling, Greasy, maybe Saka, bla bla. This squad is on a par with the best in the world.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And it's these little Southgate sycophants in the media who'll be scratching their head come Xmas when we let another tournament evade us whilst playing negative one paced *******s.

The caliber of cretin who're seemingly incapable of adding any context to anything. Southgate has twice had two of the luckiest routes to a Final you could even begin to imagine.

We've reached a Semi Final and Final of two major tournaments without facing:

France, Spain, Portugal, Brazil, Argentina, Holland, Uruguay and Belgium (other than in a dead rubber)

If people can't see the reality of this then I give up.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm starting to come round to that way of thinking. I think he played a part in bringing the squad together but given the riches at his disposal this ay good enough. I felt sorry for the 2000s England managers, despite all our quality players in non-playmaker positions we were always lacking in creative talent, no seriously I mean that; we were always lacking a Gascoigne. I never saw us winning much - we were always brittle and predictable. Now we have those barmy unpredictable lads, players like Foden, Stirling, Greasy, maybe Saka, bla bla. This squad is on a par with the best in the world.

Absolutely. Even without a top CB - Other than France we have the best group of players in the world. And I'd say that's a close call with them too. Mbappe probably sways it.

SingleMalt

Reaction score
Absolutely. Even without a top CB - Other than France we have the best group of players in the world. And I'd say that's a close call with them too. Mbappe probably sways it.
Lol, that’s nonsense, France are ****ing miles ahead of England.

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
When Pep said he would leave Man C at the end of next season, I thought it was the perfect opportunity for the FA to move heaven and earth to ask him to become England manager. Southgate’s a good ambassador but I can’t see him getting that all elusive major trophy.

JadeWolf

Reaction score
When Pep said he would leave Man C at the end of next season, I thought it was the perfect opportunity for the FA to move heaven and earth to ask him to become England manager. Southgate’s a good ambassador but I can’t see him getting that all elusive major trophy.
Tbf to Southgate he was a penalty shoot out away from winning one last summer. We’ve had much better managers (on paper) who have got nowhere near.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are no racist kids born. Racist parents can soon make them though - see Hungary.

England utter crap and would have been booed here for other reasons. The waistcoat ain't got a clue.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tbf to Southgate he was a penalty shoot out away from winning one last summer. We’ve had much better managers (on paper) who have got nowhere near.

We were a penalty shootout away in 2004 and 2006 from Semi Finals and had major decisions go against us in the 90 minutes. Sol Campbell's disallowed goal being the obvious one.

Capello and Hodgson had nowhere near the level of player and depth Southgate has at his disposal.

The teams we've somehow managed to avoid facing when you look at it is nothing short of unreal. It's almost the worst thing that could have happened to us because now there's this false illusion that he's a top manager when he really, really isn't.

JadeWolf

Reaction score
We were a penalty shootout away in 2004 and 2006 from Semi Finals and had major decisions go against us in the 90 minutes. Sol Campbell's disallowed goal being the obvious one.

Capello and Hodgson had nowhere near the level of player and depth Southgate has at his disposal.

The teams we've somehow managed to avoid facing when you look at it is nothing short of unreal. It's almost the worst thing that could have happened to us because now there's this false illusion that he's a top manager when he really, really isn't.
Not saying Southgate is a top manager but someone said he’s not going to win us a trophy, I’m just saying he’s got a lot closer than some more prestigious names, but you’re right he has a better squad.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's somewhat acceptable when you're playing an opposition capable of hurting you.

When you're clearly better than someone. And consistently see evidence of how to beat that sort of side i.e. by going at them from the off and overwhelming them with your attacking ability, maintaining such robotic dross is nothing short of obscene. It reminded me how we play against the likes of bloody Norwich. Watch every half decent side batter them by attacking but stick to the same old safety first crap instead. Beyond sick of it.
You and me both mate.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No

We were 60 minutes away but he decided to be conservative and not go and win the match

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Funny reading this back.

Maybe Southgate should've listened to the Mix! Play a back four, don't play Coady and maybe they wouldn't lose to Hungary.

It really is so similar to Wolves.

Who benefits from a 3-4-3 in that England team? Nobody apart from Coady. It's not criticising him as a player it's just, as with Wolves, he's central to the major problem that's holding/held the team back even if it's not his fault.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Funny reading this back.

Maybe Southgate should've listened to the Mix! Play a back four, don't play Coady and maybe they wouldn't lose to Hungary.

It really is so similar to Wolves.

Who benefits from a 3-4-3 in that England team? Nobody apart from Coady. It's not criticising him as a player it's just, as with Wolves, he's central to the major problem that's holding/held the team back even if it's not his fault.
5 at the back only works if your wing backs play well, England's didn't yesterday

Back
Top Bottom