Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today’s games - 2021-22

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
More optimistically we can catch west ham and man united if we win our games in hand

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oldham v Salford game abandoned due to a pitch invasion. Unusual these days. Don't know too much about it, but it will be a pity to see Oldham drop out of the league. Presumably another example of mis-management of a club.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Bruno has tried to balance adapting our style to the way he wants against working with what they know to pick up points.

It’s resulted in a mishmash style but we’re 8th.

This may sound backwards but I think if we were lower down the table we’d have seen more of the style Bruno wanted by now as he’d have fully committed to it. As it is we’ve an outside chance of Europe and he probably doesn’t want to throw that away with half a dozen or more sloppy games because we’re working on a new way of playing and taking time to implement it.

You could well be right on that. We are now at that part of the season when performance hardly matters, it's picking up the points. Still will make our approach v Burnley interesting. Revert to the older way of keeping things tight and waiting for one opportunity. Or go for it? You'd think Burnley are one team we could take a risk at out scoring, but if we sit back, we could easily end up with a 0-0 or 0-1 loss. Can we really risk out scoring anyone or is it more about ensuring we don't let any in? (something that we were excellent at but has fallen away recently).

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tesco dive for a last minute penalty and then promptly miss it.

Enjoy the trip to Wycombe next season.

Oh wow, in my prediction of then winning 1-0, I nearly added "injury time penalty". They seem to get an awful lot of them going back years, now.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh wow, in my prediction of then winning 1-0, I nearly added "injury time penalty". They seem to get an awful lot of them going back years, now.
I think that must be "the Albion Way" they always talk about wanting to play. It was 20 years ago that their player jumped on the floor in stoppage time at Bradford and helped them go up as a result.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Villa are ****.

I had their match on in the background while decorating. Sounded abysmal! What's really funny though, is listening to the poor pundits forced to spend 2 hours trying to praise what a great job Gerrard has done. They have to dig deep (the pundits, not the players). Towards the end it was mentioned that after a bright start, "maybe Coutinho isn't the right man after all". Best not mention that they are only one place higher than they were when Smith was sacked. Let's hope Gerrard's Villa carry on doing such a great job, as we watch the gap widen. :D

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

Oldham v Salford game abandoned due to a pitch invasion. Unusual these days. Don't know too much about it, but it will be a pity to see Oldham drop out of the league. Presumably another example of mis-management of a club.
Oldham were the club that signed Lee Hughes after he got out of prison.
I can’t say I’m particularly upset at seeing them drop out of the league.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a fantastic strike to put Bayern Munich one up versus Borussia Dortmund ( who have never been the same team since the great Paul Lambert left them ! ) from the " Not good enough for Albion Reject " Serge Gnabry :D:D:D

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Morgan Gibbs White with an assist and star man today in what looked like a tight 1-0 game. Looks to be doing a Mason or Maddison, similar figures in the championship?

Locks Heath Wolf

Reaction score
A Chelsea win and a win for us would make things interesting, mind you I just can’t see a win at turf moor anytime soon…!

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A Chelsea win and a win for us would make things interesting, mind you I just can’t see a win at turf moor anytime soon…!
Looks like the non-playing difficulties are starting to unsettle Chelsea though, West Ham seem just as likely to get a result as us tomorrow.
Weird season all round, bottom 3/4 more dire than ever, top 2 as dominant as we've been accustomed to recently....but seems the rise of the also-rans is continuing. Feels like mid-table are accruing more points than in previous seasons, with the Sky 6 hoovering up fewer, but that might not be statistically accurate.
Could be a very congested area next season, the inconsistency of Yanited, Arsenal, Spurs, Wet Spam then ourselves, Leicester, the resurgent Newcastle scrapping around those 4-9th places.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watford and Norwich surely gone, threeway fight now between Burnley, Everton and Leeds for that last spot. They're going to be scrapping like starving rats tomorrow.
And with Everton playing Liverpool, if Burnley do get any points tomorrow, it’s possible that Everton drop into18th as a small consolation for our lot not turning up.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Think it’s pretty much a shoot out between Burnley and Everton. Norwich and Watford are doomed (sorry @Watfordfc!) and I just don’t see the teams at the bottom getting enough points to drag Leeds, Palace and Villa into it.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You could well be right on that. We are now at that part of the season when performance hardly matters, it's picking up the points. Still will make our approach v Burnley interesting. Revert to the older way of keeping things tight and waiting for one opportunity. Or go for it? You'd think Burnley are one team we could take a risk at out scoring, but if we sit back, we could easily end up with a 0-0 or 0-1 loss. Can we really risk out scoring anyone or is it more about ensuring we don't let any in? (something that we were excellent at but has fallen away recently).
I don’t really know what’s the best approach to be honest!

Burnley are far more open than they have been as they know they need to win games. We should be able to out score them, but will we?

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hate Brentford
It's no better than Pulis ball

Why I am already having visions of Sky hyping Brentford v Fulham into some local derby " cultured "clash of the titans ( it will be no such thing ) as they are bound to pick it out at least once next season o_Oo_Oo_O

Watfordfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Think it’s pretty much a shoot out between Burnley and Everton. Norwich and Watford are doomed (sorry @Watfordfc!) and I just don’t see the teams at the bottom getting enough points to drag Leeds, Palace and Villa into it.
No problem.

We won’t be going down due to results today but due to our poor run at home .

Seems being 4th is a poisoned chalice.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watford and Norwich surely gone, threeway fight now between Burnley, Everton and Leeds for that last spot. They're going to be scrapping like starving rats tomorrow.
Who wants is more? 6th for us or Prem survival for them? It's fine margins at both ends of the table. Tomorrow will show us exactly which players have the belief and the fight. I think if Neto starts it will give us a big advantage and I hope Lage sets us up to win and not just sit in and defend. One goal either way.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why I am already having visions of Sky hyping Brentford v Fulham into some local derby " cultured "clash of the titans ( it will be no such thing ) as they are bound to pick it out at least once next season o_Oo_Oo_O
Whilst we don't get a single mention on talksport etc unless we're playing Liverpool, United, Citeh, or Arsenal.
Not confident at all about getting a result against Burnley...... Are they harder to beat now or under Dyche? Not sure.
Just happy Leicester can't catch us and 8th is secure at least.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And with Everton playing Liverpool, if Burnley do get any points tomorrow, it’s possible that Everton drop into18th as a small consolation for our lot not turning up.

Us losing and putting Everton into the bottom 3; SHOULD NOT be seen as a Consolation!

We ought to beat Burnley tommorow and anything less than a win will be very annoying.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could do with Chelsea kicking on these next 8 days.

3 wins in a week will mean defeats for West Ham and Man Utd (and Everton) which helps us but also means they’d get to 71 points, 13 more than Spurs in 5th have now which would more or less secure top 4 as Spurs only have a maximum of 15 available to them now.

They can then rest their first XI against us a week before the cup final and play their second stringers like Lukaku to give us a greater chance of beating them!

Reactions: Ian

Nivada

Reaction score
Don't worry too much about Newcastle they're 2 games ahead of us and they've still got to play City and Liverpool, looks like we've all but secured 8th now as little as it means.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watching PSG against Lens on BT. PSG only need a point for yet another title yet their fans are as miserable as sin, refusing to celebrate as they still haven’t forgiven them for screwing up against Real Madrid in the Champions League. Their supporters club have said if they win the title tonight then they will celebrate outside the stadium, and not with the players.

what a bunch of ungrateful ****ers.

Back
Top Bottom