Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today’s games 20/21 season

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Living in Newcastle I want the Geordies to stay. Don't have much of a soft spot for them but it's an easy away game for me and I get to meet up with lots of Wolves supporting friends who have travelled up for the game. Plus Wolves fans always have a good time in the toon. I might be biased but it's one of the friendliest away days of the season. Well, apart from the League Cup game a few years back right after we had beaten them up there 2-1 in the league. There was a bit of aggro at the end but mainly caused by a small group of Wolves fans in the away end (which was moved to the bottom tier of a corner) who were abusive and acted like complete tools for the whole game and didn't watch any of it. I like my trips to Fulham too, but would prefer Newcastle to stay up.

I went to the league match on the Saturday and stayed up there for the cup match. You are right, there were a very small group of Wolves fans, taking the **** out of Newcastle fans. However, I think that it was free, or very cheap for school children and if i remember correctly they were mainly children that came round and were stopped by police. There were a few things thrown outside, but I didn't see any fighting, just a lot of high pitched voices.
I agree with you, Newcastle is a great away day and the pubs are very welcoming to away fans.
I remember going to Newcastle in the late 70's in a cup match. There was a lot of snow and most Wolves fans arrived at half time. I can't remember the score, but it was a great atmosphere. Wolves fans were kept inside the stadium after the match. Lots of Wolves fans singing, we will meet again, dont know where, don't know when, in an empty St James's Park. Lots of Wolves fans had no shirts, singing in the snow.
Funny how the mind works, that has stayed with me all these years.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn't realise just how badly Small Heath were doing.

Brings tears (of joy) to my eyes. I don't know why, but I just despise that club.

Looks like they're well on the way to league one.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
I went to the league match on the Saturday and stayed up there for the cup match. You are right, there were a very small group of Wolves fans, taking the **** out of Newcastle fans. However, I think that it was free, or very cheap for school children and if i remember correctly they were mainly children that came round and were stopped by police. There were a few things thrown outside, but I didn't see any fighting, just a lot of high pitched voices.
I agree with you, Newcastle is a great away day and the pubs are very welcoming to away fans.
I remember going to Newcastle in the late 70's in a cup match. There was a lot of snow and most Wolves fans arrived at half time. I can't remember the score, but it was a great atmosphere. Wolves fans were kept inside the stadium after the match. Lots of Wolves fans singing, we will meet again, dont know where, don't know when, in an empty St James's Park. Lots of Wolves fans had no shirts, singing in the snow.
Yes, you are right. Think it was £5 for kids tickets so there were loads of kids goading the Wolves fans towards the end after being wound up by that small little group of Wolves fans in the corner. Think there was a bit of shouting, spitting and small fracas outside the away end. Funny you were there that night too, there wasn't many of us, probably because it was a long journey for most Wolves fans so soon after the weekend game (and a beautiful injury time Doc winner)! Think it was also Paul Gladon's debut in the cup game!

Can't say I was at the game in the 70s, my first ever game was the 1979 FA Cup semi-final against Arsenal. Sometimes the odd weird game does stay in your head for non-footballing reasons!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1-3 Silva.. Banged past Pickford, who surprise, surprise got a hand to it but failed to keep it out...

Edited to add:
.. and De Bruyne coming on, lol....

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, you are right. Think it was £5 for kids tickets so there were loads of kids goading the Wolves fans towards the end after being wound up by that small little group of Wolves fans in the corner. Think there was a bit of shouting, spitting and small fracas outside the away end. Funny you were there that night too, there wasn't many of us, probably because it was a long journey for most Wolves fans so soon after the weekend game (and a beautiful injury time Doc winner)! Think it was also Paul Gladon's debut in the cup game!

Can't say I was at the game in the 70s, my first ever game was the 1979 FA Cup semi-final against Arsenal. Sometimes the odd weird game does stay in your head for non-footballing reasons!

Yes, I went to Villa park for the semi final too. I think the match i was on about at Newcastle in the cup, was in 1979 too.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Just being a pedantic ****, the league game the weekend before the cup tie was a 2-0 win in the championship. Costa scored. Great day that was. The Doc winner was couple of years after.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Just being a pedantic ****, the league game the weekend before the cup tie was a 2-0 win in the championship. Costa scored. Great day that was. The Doc winner was couple of years after.
You're right. Can't believe it was so long ago. It was 2016 and we were in The Championship and Zenga was our manager. Should have realised that considering Gladon played in the cup game. We played really well in the league game. I've seen so many Wolves games at St James' Park that they all roll into one. Apart from the odd bad result, we've done really well there in modern times.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watching the Everton game.
If Michael owen continues this trajectory of weight gain in ten years time he will imbalance the orbit of the Earth!
Looks alright for 42, though this was a month ago.

Screenshot_20210218_112034.jpgScreenshot_20210218_112034.jpg

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
think that was a 1-1 draw so we`ll meet again was for the replay.
was the year we got to the semi-final.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Europa League Thursdays aren't the same when we aren't involved, eh. Looking at the fixtures later and every single one looks dull and I've no interest in watching a minute of them. Probably won't even bother with highlights.

The Champions League still just about holds my interest but I really struggle with the Europa. As I said, obvs a bit different for the season we were in it, I was all over it.

JR WAS KING

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Europa League Thursdays aren't the same when we aren't involved, eh. Looking at the fixtures later and every single one looks dull and I've no interest in watching a minute of them. Probably won't even bother with highlights.

The Champions League still just about holds my interest but I really struggle with the Europa. As I said, obvs a bit different for the season we were in it, I was all over it.
No fans either makes it pointless. I would have hated it if we were in it this season and weren't able to travel.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's right.

Here it is for us oldies, great goal by Kenny

Many thanks for posting that and what a goal by Kenny Hibbitt ! I still have Kenny as my all time Wolves God !

I see that was back when Martin Tyler was still alive before the transformation in to a Robo Cop type figure where he is programmed to talk up certain teams on Sky ! " He is more machine now than man ! " I noticed he mentioned a certain forward for Newcastle one " Mark McGhee " yes that one !!!!!!!!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Many thanks for posting that and what a goal by Kenny Hibbitt ! I still have Kenny as my all time Wolves God !

I see that was back when Martin Tyler was still alive before the transformation in to a Robo Cop type figure where he is programmed to talk up certain teams on Sky ! " He is more machine now than man ! " I noticed he mentioned a certain forward for Newcastle one " Mark McGhee " yes that one !!!!!!!!
I'm assuming that the "Peter Withe" who scored for them was also that one...

I'd completely forgotten that McGarry had gone on to manage Newcastle.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm assuming that the "Peter Withe" who scored for them was also that one...

It was as Peter Withe fell out with Forest over money after helping Forest to the First Division title in 1977/78. Only one winner in an argument with Cloughie and off Peter went to Newcastle ( From what I gather he regretted taking Mr Clough on and wish he had stayed at Forest ) I believe he joined Villa in 1980.

Back
Top Bottom