Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Times article - heartfelt and true.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You need a login to read it - can you give us a snapshot without breaching the copyright rules?

vini69

Reaction score
ahh sorry....

snapshot........well,

is this as low as we can go? yes...surely!
The author (who covers footy for the Times) is trying to drag his sons, one of whom didnt go, saying....."It's not that I don't support them, it's just that Idon't want to watch them at the moment".....]

Quotes of the piece:

"There is only so much misery the Wolves faithful can take" and
"Supporting your club, it's a life sentence,.....not an option"

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
ahh sorry....

snapshot........well,

is this as low as we can go? yes...surely!
The author (who covers footy for the Times) is trying to drag his sons, one of whom didnt go, saying....."It's not that I don't support them, it's just that Idon't want to watch them at the moment".....]

Quotes of the piece:

"There is only so much misery the Wolves faithful can take" and
"Supporting your club, it's a life sentence,.....not an option"

I was planning on taking my lad to the Leeds game. He didn't want to go. He said it was cold, we would probably lose and he didn't like how I was unhappy after most of their matches.

Thank you all at the club who have bought us to this point

Leigh72

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was going to take my lad to Derby, he said "I aint done anything wrong" lol sad but true, when I was his age id walk miles to watch a Wolves match, how this club has destroyed a generation

T

Tettenhall Wolf

Leigh and Oldgold, same with my lad. He went to the Blackpool game and told me he didn't want to go to Leeds. Hopefully he will when he's older.

The club are losing generations.

Once you break the generation link, they won't get it back.

O

Oldgoldwulf

My kids live in Northern Ireland with their Mum. Had them over for Christmas so I took my 8 year old lad to his first home game at Molineux.... against Ipswich.

Don't think he'll want to go again... he could cope with the cold - it was the boredom that did it. That and seeing how angry and frustrated his old man was.

R

reanswolf

It really is scary how the ipswich game has put a lot of kids off, my lad had quite enjoyed the previous 7 games he had been to, but he sat there reading his book second half and did'nt want to go v Leeds.

It really is hard for them to go into school and talk proudly about Wolves whilst all their mates pontificate about Manu v real madrid.

Many kids nowadays support a few teams, so if Wolves do ever do well again, I can again expect to see 70% of kids coming out of football practice proudly wearing their Wolves kits.

E

Edgmond Wolf

I am lucky, my lad wants to go to every match and pulls a face when he can not go to every away match.

Come on the Wolves

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My 22-year-old son is just as keen as me to go to Derby on Saturday luckily :D

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mine's not turned up yet, I suspect it's a bit early to judge whether it (it's a baby, not sure what type yet though) will enjoy going!

D

Deleted member 4152

On the plus side, it's getting really easy to discipline my two. 'clean ya room or I'll take you to the match!' errm, ok sorry dad!

L

long ball man

I am assuming this is Pete Lansley, Timew writer and author of 'Running with Wolves'?

F

FLEET WOLF

Leigh and Oldgold, same with my lad. He went to the Blackpool game and told me he didn't want to go to Leeds. Hopefully he will when he's older.

The club are losing generations.

Once you break the generation link, they won't get it back.

Spot on Tettenhall, but that sort of thing is beyond the imaginations of Morgan and Moxey

M

-MTW-

Its the wife's birthday on Saturday. The ungrateful madam doesn't want to go to Derby for the day to celebrate. Some people.......

W

WasStefan

Can't you post the full article as long as you include a link for credit?

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
No, it seems you need to be a subscriber to view it, so the link is worthless, but the most that can be posted are excerpts, even with a link.

Last edited by a moderator:
W

WasStefan

Okay fair enough, but I'm assuming its just a user/blogger on their website (as its behind a login screen), who may or may not work for them but not as an actual journalist for The Times.

Either way could someone take a couple of paragraphs and put on here as I'd like to have a read but cba to create an account.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
As far as I can see, you have to pay to gain access, so this isn't something freely available online.

E

Edgmond Wolf

Mine's not turned up yet, I suspect it's a bit early to judge whether it (it's a baby, not sure what type yet though) will enjoy going!

Good luck mate, it will change your life but for the good :)

Come on the Wolves

D

Deleted member 4099

My 5 month old will be dragged kicking and screaming ,end of. I've just converted my 15 year old inherited nephew he was Manure before. Mad for Woves now wants to go every game.

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It really is scary how the ipswich game has put a lot of kids off, my lad had quite enjoyed the previous 7 games he had been to, but he sat there reading his book second half and did'nt want to go v Leeds.

It really is hard for them to go into school and talk proudly about Wolves whilst all their mates pontificate about Manu v real madrid.

Many kids nowadays support a few teams, so if Wolves do ever do well again, I can again expect to see 70% of kids coming out of football practice proudly wearing their Wolves kits.

true but all through the 80's Wolves were getting relegated year on year, and sunk to Div 4

all my mates are Villa fans - at school near Redditch everyone knew who Steve Bull was - I wrote it everywhere , wore my Wolves shirt.

When we won the Sherpa Van - highlight of being at school for me.

Luckily it turned round, and I reckon more people had a soft spot for WOlves.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will isn't going to escape that easily, we will go again this season, and he is only 6, but it was sad all the same

Back
Top Bottom