Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Time for hard choices…

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s hard to write this after such an amazing transfer window (so far), but I think it’s time for some hard choices to be made by Fosun,

On todays performance I think we have an absolute god in Neves and some real talent around him. But we are not scoring anything like enough goals, the team don’t look driven and we are making terrible substitutions.

For me we needs to do two key things:

1 - replace jiminez. Not get backup, replace. We need a proven goal scorer who can win headers, link play and terrorise centre half’s. I love Raul but he’s a shadow of what he was.

2 - replace Bruno. I know it’s transition, I know new players… but he doesn’t inspire, he doesn’t manage games, he seems out of his depth. Putting Hwang on???

Get this right and quickly…, I think we have a solid to good season. If we don’t pull the trigger now I think we go down. I really do.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s hard to write this after such an amazing transfer window (so far), but I think it’s time for some hard choices to be made by Fosun,

On todays performance I think we have an absolute god in Neves and some real talent around him. But we are not scoring anything like enough goals, the team don’t look driven and we are making terrible substitutions.

1 - replace jiminez. Not get backup, replace. We need a proven goal scorer who can win headers, link play and terrorise centre half’s. I love Raul but he’s a shadow of what he was.

2 - replace Bruno. I know it’s transition, I know new players… but he doesn’t inspire, he doesn’t manage games, he seems out of his depth. Putting Hwang on???

Get this right and quickly…, I think we have a solid to good season. If we don’t pull the trigger now I think we go down. I really do.
I don't think it's that hard a decision to be honest!

Daveywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Manager may need to get a win in the next 2 league games or will be facing the axe after losses against City and Scousers

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree with much of what you say, and do fear we are drifting towards the relegation battle. Even if there are 3 worse teams than us, our lack of goals, identity and inability to manage games make us an almost certainty to be in the mix with them at the end of the season.

DasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Raul would be a lot more effective if he was playing centrally and targeting the box. Yes he did put a very good cross in, but 9 times out of 10 we have crosses from the wide men who go to no one.

Even though it was a foul it was a well taken goal which came about by MULTIPLE players ATTACKING and GETTING INTO THE BOX.

Bruno can go, Hwang never should play again for Wolves.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An amazing window can only be celebrated if the coach can get them firing together as a team. Not sure Bruno is able to do that. Time will tell, if he has much!

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would keep Raul and get a new manager and a new striker also.

I can’t put my finger on it.. but I’ve gone from backing Bruno to feeling a fool about it this last week. It all feels like smoke & mirrors.. lots of interplay and no end product.

I think he could probably even turn Kane into a 5 goals a season striker playing like this.

People talk about defensive football under Nuno.. at least we scored goals.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I don’t think any of this is massively wide of the mark.

It is a period of transition for us but it’s a results business and we need 2 good results from the last 2.

As an aside, and I’m not saying get rid whatsoever, but I can see Neto grating on me. Petulant, selfish and a wannabe Ronaldo. Harsh, I know, I know….

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree with what you say on Bruno and Raul. Raul is a shadow of the player he was and it is sad to see. This is why I feel we need two strikers. Maybe let Raul go to a club in Mexico or Spain if we could get two strikers in. On Lage I think he needs to go but dont think he will yet.

Really hope this week is a success in both the transfer market and on the pitch as if it isnt this season could be a car crash.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree with what you say on Bruno and Raul. Raul is a shadow of the player he was and it is sad to see. This is why I feel we need two strikers. Maybe let Raul go to a club in Mexico or Spain if we could get two strikers in. On Lage I think he needs to go but dont think he will yet.

Really hope this week is a success in both the transfer market and on the pitch as if it isnt this season could be a car crash.
I am hesitant about letting Neto or Raul go for the reasons above.. their productivity has dropped since injuries, but it could also be that it’s dropped since Lage came along also.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I honestly don’t think we’re that far away. We’re playing much better than last season.

Don’t forget this is his first season where he’s had the chance to shape his own squad.

Having said that, I do think someone else would do a better job with the resources / players available.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Much of that I agree with but to be fair to Raul he just isn’t supported enough. Often he’s on his win up there and that’s just energy sapping chasing lost balls. What is so wrong with the old fashioned two up top? I might sound like a dinosaur but surely two up top means they play closer together and gives the opposition more to deal with?

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Bruno is going to go in the not too distant, so stop wasting games and do it.

No way are these players fully bought in. No way whatsoever.
I think you’re right. The team aren’t performing to their ability for certain.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I am not sure that is the total answer imo. Fosun do need to make hard choices but for me Bruno needs to go and a new manager. Secondly we need to cast the net further than Mendes for managers and players .

Thirdly we need a decent DOF that will challenge everything done by Shi . Then we will progress . Otherwise bobbing about with the odd 8th finish and relegation fight will be the norm .

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Much of that I agree with but to be fair to Raul he just isn’t supported enough. Often he’s on his win up there and that’s just energy sapping chasing lost balls. What is so wrong with the old fashioned two up top? I might sound like a dinosaur but surely two up top means they play closer together and gives the opposition more to deal with?
I’ve been thinking the same.. Raul used to get chances in and around the box.. now he seems like he is trying to do too much, or having to do too much just to get in the game.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lage - keep - should have got rid at end of season for me but I’m not a fan of changing now - he needs to prove if he can bed in the team.

Raul - keep - no service other than when VAR pulled him up - scored 2nd and we’d have been saying 2 in 2 he’s back! Would prefer someone to challenge him not come on for last 10 mins though - then a straight fight as to who will start in 3 months time. Not clear to me if Sasa or whoever will be fighting for position or keeping bench warm.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I honestly don’t think we’re that far away. We’re playing much better than last season.

Don’t forget this is his first season where he’s had the chance to shape his own squad.

Having said that, I do think someone else would do a better job with the resources / players available.

I honestly dont think we are playing that much better than last season.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree that it’s hard to see tangible differences in the turgid football of last season and some of the ‘entertainment’ served up so far this season.
There have been signs of good things happening, good players coming in will help. But there were also performances last season that offered hope of positive front foot football, only for it to then be neutralised by more utter garbage.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You are gonna kill me but I would add drop moutinho to that list.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't want him gone - yet.

I think he is that too analytical and over thinks everything (and I have been an analyst!) - he confuses the players.

I Know his record and its poor, but I will let him get his players in and spend a bit more time with them - but he needs to get some results pretty dam quick or Fosun will be pulling the trigger.

If Lopetegui was available he would already be a dead man walking. Sevilla are down towards the bottom of the league so in another 6 games we will be 10 games into the season, if wolves and Sevilla are still in the same place, I suspect he is a gonna and Lopetegui will be the next cab on the rank.

I said 15th at hgd start of the season and I would rip your arm off for that right now, scoring goals is the key.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are playing considerably worse than last season. Last season we had a tough start. There are no easy games in the premier league, but this is a comparatively easy run compared to our start last year.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't want him gone - yet.

I think he is that too analytical and over thinks everything (and I have been an analyst!) - he confuses the players.

I Know his record and its poor, but I will let him get his players in and spend a bit more time with them - but he needs to get some results pretty dam quick or Fosun will be pulling the trigger.

If Lopetegui was available he would already be a dead man walking. Sevilla are down towards the bottom of the league so in another 6 games we will be 10 games into the season, if wolves and Sevilla are still in the same place, I suspect he is a gonna and Lopetegui will be the next cab on the rank.

I said 15th at hgd start of the season and I would rip your arm off for that right now, scoring goals is the key.
I would be massively disappointed if we finished 15th this year.

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It feels like we maybe need a new manager and a move away from everything that is Portuguese.
Not easy but look how quickly Patrick Viera moved Crystal Palace away from defensive football under Hodgson and the subsequent improvement in results and performances.
The last dozen matches we are neither entertained or achieving results.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Lage may not be the man, but he's basically had Nunes and Guedes for a week and he still needs a striker. I'm always among the last to want a manager sacked (except Hoddle) but he has to have a few more games at least.
What until we’re bottom?…

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Go down… not a chance.

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

I think 2- is correct, and agree 100% with what you say,

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It feels like we maybe need a new manager and a move away from everything that is Portuguese.
Not easy but look how quickly Patrick Viera moved Crystal Palace away from defensive football under Hodgson and the subsequent improvement in results and performances.
The last dozen matches we are neither entertained or achieving results.
And newcastle as well. Theyve changed their playing style mid season last year

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think Fosun have got the balls to do anything about anything sadly.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno's fine, Raul's playing alright. We'll be mid table by Christmas; behave lads. I can't stand Fosun and all they represent, but they're sensible owners. We'll be okay in a few games, no doubt.

Today I thought they were slightly better first half and a lot better second. But they're Saudi-financed ****ers, with cash to burn. Top 7 beckons for them; I think we'll be close.

Woody

Groupie
Reaction score
From day one I've been passive as far as Bruno is concerned. I think I've often had doubts about him but hoped that there was something of a tactical genius lurking that would shine once some additional talent had been brought in.
Today that delusion has been well and truly shattered. I'm still absolutely bewildered by those substitutions. Surely any competent manager worthy of this standard of football doesn't make those decisions.
I think it's a case of when rather than if now, and the longer we leave it the bigger mountain we have to climb.

4evawolves

Groupie
Reaction score
Bruno's fine, Raul's playing alright. We'll be mid table by Christmas; behave lads. I can't stand Fosun and all they represent, but they're sensible owners. We'll be okay in a few games, no doubt.

Today I thought they were slightly better first half and a lot better second. But they're Saudi-financed ****ers, with cash to burn. Top 7 beckons for them; I think we'll be close.
Bruno's fine ?

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think Fosun have got the balls to do anything about anything sadly.
I’m not so sure, just as an investment company, they’ve got to weigh up the risks really carefully.

Fosun have really backed the manager - sacking him now might see an upturn in results, but could also see a new man struggle to implement anything in enough time to prevent relegation.

Keep him and risk being adrift by the time the World Cup comes around, with virtually zero wriggle room to try and straighten it out. Alternatively, it could actually come good once the window has **** and one or two chances start going in.

Big decisions to be made, but I think Fosun have got big enough balls to make whichever call they think is right to keep their investment secure.

Not sure I’d want to decide which is the best option atm…

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was a Bruno backer until today or to be more precise until the moment he made those subs, Podence and Hwang, I was expecting Donk and Adama instead we got one that barely touched the ball and the other undone with one pass what the rest of the team had done over the previous 89 minutes. The midfield was being over run and needed help (Donk) and Adama for Neto was the obvious move. There is a manager out there that is available in Pochettino at least ask him the question, with regards Raul yes its time he was replaced he is nowhere near the player that he was pre injury.

Nige

Reaction score
Breaking news: person who thought Bruno should've been sacked last year hasn't changed their mind.
Should of gone end of last season.. it was clear to see I really dont get the people who cant see it..

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think any of this is massively wide of the mark.

It is a period of transition for us but it’s a results business and we need 2 good results from the last 2.

As an aside, and I’m not saying get rid whatsoever, but I can see Neto grating on me. Petulant, selfish and a wannabe Ronaldo. Harsh, I know, I know….
Disagree re Neto. Today he looked much more like his old self skinning the full back and getting the ball into dangerous areas. He also had his head up much more than In previous matches. After a few more games to return to full match fitness I can see him being a match winner for us.

Back
Top Bottom