Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Time for Bruno to be supported by Fosun

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another frustrating day, magnificent defending and heartbreaking last minute goal conceded. But the truth is we offered very little up front indeed yet again. Our barely visible attack and feeble goals record says it all. We have been crying out for years for a quality attacking midfielder and a proper striker to compete with/dovetail with Jimenez. Yet still we are waiting and the signs for January don't look good. Hwang is ok, hard working etc but for me a useful squad player not a premium striker. Silva still miles off. Jota's replacement has never been signed and that is why we have not done as well as we might have.

Of course a CB may be needed also but Saiss, Coady and Kilman have done so well and Boly plus Mosquera will be back in six weeks or so. We can make do with Dendoncker and Marcal for now as possible replacements. It is in attack where we need a completely new impetus. Traore will probably go in January and although he offers a genuine outlet he is just too inconsistent. Trincao still has it all to prove. Podence has quality but needs to find consistency.

Ait-Nori is our one bright attacking spark (did very well today) and increasingly impressive defender. But Jimenez has looked a bit off and is too often stranded alone. The board need to give Lage proper backing in January and next summer or we will be going backwards and our best players will seek an exit. The match today against a top three European team is not the point. The inablity to score even one goal against Norwich and Burnley is more indicative.

Fosun need to start putting out more positive vibes. Shi and co should realise that we have a very good base but that without at least a couple of serious signings who can go straight into the first team we will stagnate and in the long term that can be dangerous. I am more worried about their lack of action than I am about today's heartbreaking defeat. But if you can't pressure teams in attack at home there is always the likelihood of a sucker punch. We will probably slide down the table by Jan 1 and our skeletal squad exposed as we all knew it would. Bruno deserves to be properly supported.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another frustrating day, magnificent defending and heartbreaking last minute goal conceded. But the truth is we offered very little up front indeed yet again. Our barely visible attack and feeble goals record says it all. We have been crying out for years for a quality attacking midfielder and a proper striker to compete with/dovetail with Jimenez. Yet still we are waiting and the signs for January don't look good. Hwang is ok, hard working etc but for me a useful squad player not a premium striker. Silva still miles off. Jota's replacement has never been signed and that is why we have not done as well as we might have.

Of course a CB may be needed also but Saiss, Coady and Kilman have done so well and Boly plus Mosquera will be back in six weeks or so. We can make do with Dendoncker and Marcal for now as possible replacements. It is in attack where we need a completely new impetus. Traore will probably go in January and although he offers a genuine outlet he is just too inconsistent. Trincao still has it all to prove. Podence has quality but needs to find consistency.

Ait-Nori is our one bright attacking spark (did very well today) and increasingly impressive defender. But Jimenez has looked a bit off and is too often stranded alone. The board need to give Lage proper backing in January and next summer or we will be going backwards and our best players will seek an exit. The match today against a top three European team is not the point. The inablity to score even one goal against Norwich and Burnley is more indicative.

Fosun need to start putting out more positive vibes. Shi and co should realise that we have a very good base but that without at least a couple of serious signings who can go straight into the first team we will stagnate and in the long term that can be dangerous. I am more worried about their lack of action than I am about today's heartbreaking defeat. But if you can't pressure teams in attack at home there is always the likelihood of a sucker punch. We will probably slide down the table by Jan 1 and our skeletal squad exposed as we all knew it would. Bruno deserves to be properly supported.
Hard to disagree, with anything in your post. Shi is becoming more Moxley with each transfer window, dont bother with any more social media behind doors bull ****, if he can't see the problem, move aside and let someone take over who knows how to run a Premier league footdall club.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should we merge this with the other transfer thread?

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lage has proved that he has the ability to set up our teams to deal with different opposition (e.g. WHU, L'pool today). Its also clear that we need an attacking midfielder more than anything else. If they don't back Lage to bring in the players he wants/needs then he would be well within his rights to simply walk.

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Two completely different managers, both putting 2 goalkeepers on the bench and no reinforcements.

Make no mistake the small squad policy is Fosuns and not the managers. Saving cash on wages and fees wherever they can. The ticket price rise and £45 for an afternoon tea isnt going towards new signings lol.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Just give us some bloody options .Goalkeepers rarely have to come on plus we had 3 youngsters who won’t get on either and Silva who the manager clearly doesn’t trust so how the heck can we ever look to change things ?Yes we have injuries but so does every club
If they don’t address our shortcomings in January ,and early ,I will truly despair.We need creativity,pace ,power and actually goalscorers

Last edited:

Wolfman jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its sad that from a good base ie the first two prem years when we had a nucleus of a really good side, I think we are turning into an average mid table team. when Neves goes in the summer ( why would he stay?) Mouts retires or has one final move, we are bang average and not displaying any real ambition. Shame because for a while, I thought Fosun really wanted to create something special.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When was the last time Guo attended a match? He seemed to come quite regularly at one point. Now no sign of him.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ultimately,what is the point of Fosun now?

Genuine question as all that I can see is another Mike Ashley. Hold until you can sell.

A million miles away from the pro-active, engaged owners that came in those years ago.

Totally agree.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you believe what James Nursey has said in the Mirror yesterday then Fosun will not be investing in any new signings in January unless we sell players. A crying shame if this is correct.

And if we get anymore injuries to our starting 11 then 38 points is the only target ...and could be a real struggle.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only if they are PL quality. Wasting 10 million on more Hoevers just to have "bodies" won't help us long-term at all.

If only we could find £6M for the creative outfield equivalent of Sa. Surely there must be someone out there in the thousands of European players? Or is it that goal creators and scorers are the most highly prized and just don't slip off the radar anywhere? Mind you , the £10M or so for Hwang while not a bad deal, is looking like more of a "bodies for the squad" than a genuine first XI improvement.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ultimately,what is the point of Fosun now?

Genuine question as all that I can see is another Mike Ashley. Hold until you can sell.

A million miles away from the pro-active, engaged owners that came in those years ago.
As long as we are safe from relegation they won’t be putting their hands in their pockets.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are seriously just drifting along and have been for 18 months now. I bet Neves looks at his pal Jota and sees how he has progressed away from Molineux and he must be thinking 'I'm wasting my career here'. I really wouldn't blame him for wanting to move on; he could get a move to a top 6 side or to Europe where his career could be re-ignited. If money is an option I think selling Traore may be the answer but I'm not sure who, of the quality we need, would want to come to a stagnating team? Jeff needs to show us in January that Fosun really do mean business or this will end up as a second season of drift after 3 amazing seasons.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree FOSUN should be investing more in the team, our transfer business has largely been abysmal since our first window in the Prem, apart from the odd successful signing like Neto.

However, I'm not sure what Bruno has shown to mean he should be backed with a large amount of cash, the football is no better than last season. Not sure I'd trust him or Shi to purchase wisely to be honest.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whatever we think/want/hope, it's not going to happen. No money, as we've seen for years.
Fosun International
Total assets
Increase
US$102.6 billion[1] (2019)

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seen Sanches linked with Liverpool and Arsenal in recent weeks, whilst Boubacar Kamara has been linked with Bayern, Barca and Newcastle, so I guess we can forget about either of those for starters?

The squad needs two or three additions (CM, CB and a CF if we’ve decided Fabio isn’t cutting it), but I suspect at best we will sign Hwang permanently and perhaps bring back a loanee or two. I can’t see much more unless either Traore or (god forbid) Neves are sold, which in and of itself is hardly a thrilling prospect.

We saw a lot of big talk in the summer about us being focused on bringing in real quality and being creative in the market, but ultimately by the end of the window we were scrambling round in a panic, and left ourselves well short in key areas. It did little to instill confidence.

I’d have thought with a new coach in post, tasked with playing some exciting and attacking football, the club would have gone out of its way to seriously back him. At least giving him a couple of extra options? The 3 CM’s thing is just ridiculous. I just don’t see him getting proper backing anytime soon tbh. It’s worrying and a little deflating given the excitement Fosun were able to generate in those first few years.

If we were to pull out a decent CM and CB signing and retain all of our big names in Jan I’d be quite shocked tbh. I rather expect we will hear ‘the January is always a difficult window’ thing a lot in the coming weeks. I’m not going to get too excited for the Summer window though either as things stand. I reckon we’ll certainly see a few big outgoings

Last edited:

Riffardwolf

Reaction score
Not surprised. I wouldn’t travel that far to watch us camp on the edge of our box v Liverpool, Palace, Norwich and ****ing Leeds. Embarrassing.
We didn't camp on the edge of our box against Norwich or for much of the first half yesterday. It's just that against Norwich and again yesterday, our midfielders were exposed for what they are. Technically gifted but unable to travel with the ball. That leaves a huge hole between them and the front three. So if the front three can't score, no further support is available. My brother in law could see that yesterday and he came with me yesterday watching us for the first time in two years.

It's a mobile midfielder and threatening second striker we need and I agree with the OPs opinions on this as I often do. My fear is they won't invest at all....

D

Deleted member yltz11841

I ain't paying 700 quid for a season ticket if they can't be rrrrrsed to try to improve the squad.
I go to about 7-8 games a season all corporate so a decent chunk of cash but since the summer transfer window and the price rises to season ticket holders, I haven’t put a penny into the club, no shirt, no tickets, nothing. I have spent the spare cash on taking my family away for a few extra weekends. This decision from me is purely because of the board and the lack of action of those in charge. On a side note the players do seem to care at least.

T

TheConcourse

We didn't camp on the edge of our box against Norwich or for much of the first half yesterday. It's just that against Norwich and again yesterday, our midfielders were exposed for what they are. Technically gifted but unable to travel with the ball. That leaves a huge hole between them and the front three. So if the front three can't score, no further support is available. My brother in law could see that yesterday and he came with me yesterday watching us for the first time in two years.

It's a mobile midfielder and threatening second striker we need and I agree with the OPs opinions on this as I often do. My fear is they won't invest at all....
I get way too caught up in football. Emotionally draining. Most of us do.

It probably clouds my judgement of games and definitely doesn’t allow me to think rationally.

CM is a problem. It has been for way too long now and it’s quite staggering that we’re not going to have solved it after 6/7 transfer windows.

You know going into the season CB was the major issue for me. Not anymore.

The front three are so disjointed. Their inability to hold the ball is quite something to behold. They can’t maintain possession against anyone. It’s weird.

Maybe that’s a consequence of playing too deep as a team, and as you say, CM’s that can’t support attacks quickly enough. Maybe 3 at the back is hurting us and the extra body would be an attacking MF.

Either way our activity on the ball and ability to retain possession has to be up there with some of the worst in the league - reflected in goals I guess.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Firstly if this so called jorge mendes carousel of clubs exist then he can give us a refund on fabio silva. Then we have 35 million we can reinvest.
Secondly, a director of football is needed urgently.

Back
Top Bottom