Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Tim Spiers

Green Wolf

Reaction score
So farewell Tim Spiers. I have to say I've enjoyed your coverage. And your odd partnership with the even odder Nathan Judah has really grown on me. Best wishes for your next venture and I'm glad you'll still be covering Wolves!

Btw, does anybody know who will be replacing him at the E&S?

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
So farewell Tim Spiers. I have to say I've enjoyed your coverage. And your odd partnership with the even odder Nathan Judah has really grown on me. Best wishes for your next venture and I'm glad you'll still be covering Wolves!

Btw, does anybody know who will be replacing him at the E&S?
Isn’t it Joe Edwards?

De Wolfs Mullet

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Judah and Spiers have managed something that's not easy. They've managed to inform and entertain. Ok so the info they impart isn't particularly exclusive but they're a great double act, I'll miss 'em.

Disagree. They weren't like Bully and Mutch or Morecambe and Wise.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I reckon we could find a pair on 'The Mix' that'd beat Judah/Britney act hands-down! Goodbye Britney - going to The Athletic - ironic for a fat *******!

Floyd Man

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the age of social media he's done a fine Job. Although many of us hanker after the days of David Instone's reports in the E&S and the Pink the role has changed beyond recognition. He's managed to put the Wolves story out there through a number of outlets in a new age. I wish him well.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loved watching their pre and post-match videos. I highly doubt his replacement will be as fun or as well spoken. I watch their Villa and WBA videos sometimes and it really makes you appreciate how easy Tim makes talking on camera look.

S

Shifnal Wolf

Unlike Judah he chose not to engage with fans on social media, I don’t think this helped his popularity stakes.

I respect him for not blabbing out any transfer gossip, which again caused frustration with some fans.

The athletic seem to be recruiting a fair few
journalists, so fair play to him for making a better life for himself.

D

Deleted member 5340

I've thrown my hat into the ring at the E & S.
Been practising in front of a mirror, acting as the camera, and a broom substituting for Judah(some stretch I know).

Look at broom and talk...Then look at mirror. Turn back to broom as if listening. Turn back to look at mirror, look back at broom, look back at mirror...pause, then start to talk to broom again.
Occasionally raise eyebrows and push glasses back up onto bridge of nose.
Continue,ad infinitum.

BOOM, nailed the living **** out of it!

Levity aside I should point out I enjoy the pairs aftermatch vids and will miss them.
All the best Timothy.

Last edited by a moderator:
W

WasStefan

Some weirdos on here. I don't find him any more arrogant or egotistical than the posters calling him arrogant.

Tim has done a good job. If you compare him to Tim Nash (only one i can compare him to, i don't remember any prior) he's done a much better job. Podcasts, live podcasts, pre and post match videos, many, many articles daily. And he does interact with fans on Twitter. Don't know where that has come from, but of course he has to act professional. It's his job.

I'll miss the Judah-Spiers combo. Their podcasts are brilliant and a weekly listen for me.

Cant begrudge the guy a chance elsewhere though. Good luck to him.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Tim did a very good job. Wish him well.

Can't imagine the entertaining double-act with Judah will be the same with Joe Edwards as his replacement. Their **** was pretty good, had everything including the information most wanted to know about the match.

Maybe not for peeps that like their reporting straight-laced and to the point.....but where's the fun in a 'news cast' style delivery?? :neutral:

S

ShropshireLad

Unlike Judah he chose not to engage with fans on social media, I don’t think this helped his popularity stakes.

I respect him for not blabbing out any transfer gossip, which again caused frustration with some fans.

The athletic seem to be recruiting a fair few
journalists, so fair play to him for making a better life for himself.
Which Athletic, SW?

D

Deleted member 4456

As I've said before, he doesn't strike me as a very likeable bloke. I won't be subscribing to The Athletic; I don't imagine I'll be missing a great deal in terms of Wolves content either.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Keep it to constructive criticism please. No need to get personal.

Back
Top Bottom