Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Thoughts turn to next season

Sedgers

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
60 million + would be a big big fee.

I know we like to say 100 million plus - and he is a very good prospect - but £60 million for a £15 million signing after 2 years is amazing from a business perspective
I know you're not necessarily endorsing his sale but what we don't need to do is ship out more goals. That's part of the reason why we're in this mess. We've scored less than a goal a game this season (just let that sink in). So the priority has to be enhancing our goal threat.

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the first part I have no idea. Absolutely no idea. It seems to be pick the most experienced players at the moment.

If we're not moving to a 4(I don't see on the evidence of this season any reason why we should) them coady has his role as captain in the back 3/5.

The reason we should move to a 4 is simple - we create more. When we played in a 4 we were more entertaining and created mor chances going forward, but we didn't have our main threat in the side (Raul) to link it all up and finish it off.

The downside was that it led to us being more open at the back and exposed our frailties there (we have upgraded at CB since we came up and that is, quite frankly, scandalous).

So - You improve your midfield and defence to deal with increased pressure on them from being more open.

We won't achieve any more than we already have playing with a 3/5 with the players we have currently. It just won't work.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The reason we should move to a 4 is simple - we create more. When we played in a 4 we were more entertaining and created mor chances going forward, but we didn't have our main threat in the side (Raul) to link it all up and finish it off.

The downside was that it led to us being more open at the back and exposed our frailties there (we have upgraded at CB since we came up and that is, quite frankly, scandalous).

So - You improve your midfield and defence to deal with increased pressure on them from being more open.

We won't achieve any more than we already have playing with a 3/5 with the players we have currently. It just won't work.
I'm sorry but I don't buy it.
There are players we can improve in the system to make us a better threat going forward.
And I don't buy that we create more in the back 4. Games against Brighton and albion aside, who have two of the worst defences in the division, there really wasn't that much in it.
I think to go to a back 4 we'll need a whole new core to the side. I think we're talking at least six players.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm sorry but I don't buy it.
There are players we can improve in the system to make us a better threat going forward.
And I don't buy that we create more in the back 4. Games against Brighton and albion aside, who have two of the worst defences in the division, there really wasn't that much in it.
I think to go to a back 4 we'll need a whole new core to the side. I think we're talking at least six players.
Well said

Huyton W88lvo

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Why anyone would want Sanderson sold ? He is young and hungry plays right sided or central of a back 3 . His is quick and very comfortable in possession and likes a tackle . What is not to like . I’ve watched the Dutch lad in the reserves Londwyk and he is next to be loaned out for some proper football as he is far from standout .

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know you're not necessarily endorsing his sale but what we don't need to do is ship out more goals. That's part of the reason why we're in this mess. We've scored less than a goal a game this season (just let that sink in). So the priority has to be enhancing our goal threat.
Im confident that we could buy in more goals with that money.
I like Neto but I don't think he's Ronaldo Jr just yet.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the subject of next season, I'll feel a lot more relaxed if Fulham don't win tonight.

I can't see us going down under any but the most bizarre circumstances, but I'd still rather avoid any sort of sweat!
Since the arsenal game, we've had a decent if not spectacular run of form from what has been a tough set of fixtures.
It shouldn't come close to a relegation battle but I am still a little nervy. We have a lot of so called easier run of games coming up; playing a lot of the teams around the bottom. A chance to start marching towards the much coveted 10th place position. Why does this make me feel nervous? :p

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Since the arsenal game, we've had a decent if not spectacular run of form from what has been a tough set of fixtures.
It shouldn't come close to a relegation battle but I am still a little nervy. We have a lot of so called easier run of games coming up; playing a lot of the teams around the bottom. A chance to start marching towards the much coveted 10th place position. Why does this make me feel nervous? :p
Same here! Once we hit 40 points I'll enjoy it again ( I tell myself)

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why are so many on here writing off Kilman? Imho he has easily looked the part when he has played this season and was MoM against Leeds (yes, the so called unbelievably good attacking force, that Leeds) earlier in the season. He deserves an extended run in the side before he gets written off as not good enough

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why are so many on here writing off Kilman? Imho he has easily looked the part when he has played this season and was MoM against Leeds (yes, the so called unbelievably good attacking force, that Leeds) earlier in the season. He deserves an extended run in the side before he gets written off as not good enough
I absolutely agree with this. Kilman can actually play. I think if we go with a 4 next season Boly + an other with Kilman as back up is fine. Under these circumstances I'd let Coady go as we'd get a decent sum for him to off set against a footballing CH. I'd also give Kilman game time this season.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Talk of Kilman leaving I think has led people to think that way. Good player though

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I absolutely agree with this. Kilman can actually play. I think if we go with a 4 next season Boly + an other with Kilman as back up is fine. Under these circumstances I'd let Coady go as we'd get a decent sum for him to off set against a footballing CH. I'd also give Kilman game time this season.

Love your comments regarding Kilman but could never agree about selling our Captain, unless we did get an unrealistically monsterous offer for him!! :) :) :)

Back
Top Bottom