Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Thoughts on where this situation will go for football.

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Cant speak for all of them but used to work at William Hill and likes of paddy Power generally always honour the bets
Thanks all for your comments re ante post bets. Drove past a Betfred today and looks like it has been shut permanently, with it now becoming one of many empty shops. No doubt the CEO’s of the betting companies are rich enough to weather the storm but sadly another industry where the regular employees will suffer. A return to behind closed doors games would certainly give the betting companies a boost, although the potential for accas would be greatly reduced.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks all for your comments re ante post bets. Drove past a Betfred today and looks like it has been shut permanently, with it now becoming one of many empty shops. No doubt the CEO’s of the betting companies are rich enough to weather the storm but sadly another industry where the regular employees will suffer. A return to behind closed doors games would certainly give the betting companies a boost, although the potential for accas would be greatly reduced.
I know there are jobs at stake but I find it hard to worry for the future of an industry that destroys so many lives.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
News for me..Lokeren is no more.
For us growing up in the 80´s..it was a rather big Belgian club.
Preben Elkjäer,Lubanski..the great Lato..Verheyen.

No more..out of biz April 20 apparently.

Sad stuff IMO.

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am for any proposal that sends Wolves into Europe again and/or higher up on the table

I am against any proposal that forces Wolves down the table to where they miss out on a European spot

Simple?

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It would turn into a game of who's 'ultras' are the best. Like those fools at Palace who don't actually watch the game and just jump around together.
An easy solution would just be to arrest anyone doing such a stupid thing on trespassing or even bio terrorism laws.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just void this season and start again from scratch next. It's the only way.
I'm starting to think if it proves impossible for whatever reasons to get this season finished then voiding may be the only way to go to avoid loads of lengthy legal disputes. However I expect Albion and Leeds would contest this if it meant they didn't go up?

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm sure that will gain a lot of support from fans of Leeds, West Brom and Liverpool. Who gets the European spots? There are no good answers but voiding the season seems the worst to me.
Does voiding the season mean we start the next season as if it were Aug 2019?

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just void this season and start again from scratch next. It's the only way.
That is what I have been saying for some time. But the Premier a league are determined to get the season completed, they are putting money before people's health.

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Voiding could mean the loss of £1billion income from tv and commercial -it won't happen .

I can understand villa as they have six home games out of ten but the others are just punting it to avoid relegation.

Fa cup is due to go to a final on August 8

Charlie Nicholas had us finishing fourth on Soccer Saturday this afternoon.CL here we come .

We just have to minimise the risk to health .

How many of you would go to Molineux and stand outside whilst the game is being played.Be honest now.

I think it's a real jobsworth proposal and surely watching games at home with a load of mates is worse but the government and the police are calling the shots and if you want football.to resume it looks to be the only way.

Clubs who do the best will be the strongest mentally and on that score I would fancy us against anyone.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5635

I'm starting to think if it proves impossible for whatever reasons to get this season finished then voiding may be the only way to go to avoid loads of lengthy legal disputes. However I expect Albion and Leeds would contest this if it meant they didn't go up?
Your forgetting the biggest entities though, a Bournemouth/Brighton legal dispute will be pennies compared to what the tv companies will want for voiding a contract. Unfortunately the premier league is the way it is because of the tv companies and the money that has been put in to it to become the most watched league on the planet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mrs E

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does voiding the season mean we start the next season as if it were Aug 2019?
Yep villa Sheffield u and Norwich would be newly promoted and city would be champs we would begin our first Europa campaign

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really can't see the logic of expunging 288 already played games from the record books just to play 380 new games next year, in a league which may or may not be allowed to start on time and which may or may not be curtailed, exactly the same as this one, if there is another significant outbreak before a vaccine enters the equation. What happens if we get a third of the way into next season and we hit November and there's a second peak causing everything to stop again? It's ludicrous.

All countries are different, all leagues will now be on different timescales. Germany starts again, Netherlands not at all, and so on. So it honestly doesn't matter about European competition. Player contracts? Is that really that difficult to sort out for the sake of an extra couple of months? TV contracts? Will they care, so long as they're showing SOME top flight football?

Just... play the games as they're meant to be played when it's safe and sensible to do so.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Your not avoiding anything just changing who is involved in the litigation and to be fair I'd be on their side. At least if the season comes to a sporting conclusion a lot of the argument is reduced. Someone has to get relegated and promoted. And there is a very large and important money aspect.

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's happened already and it isn't even back yet
Screenshot_2020-05-09-19-03-17-96.jpg

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Your not avoiding anything just changing who is involved in the litigation and to be fair I'd be on their side. At least if the season comes to a sporting conclusion a lot of the argument is reduced. Someone has to get relegated and promoted. And there is a very large and important money aspect.
I think I'm the biggest advocate on here for getting the season done. I just do wonder with all the people involved with finishing the season (the police have stuck their oar in today) whether it will be possible to come to a decision that all can agree on?

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another thing. I'm not going to braga again if it's ****ing down!

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
View attachment 15226
Oh dear. I just can't see how any league can contemplate finishing right now with the pandemic still not controlled? Seeing this makes me more think that we should get the season done whenever safe and worry about next season as and when.

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
View attachment 15226
Oh dear. I just can't see how any league can contemplate finishing right now with the pandemic still not controlled? Seeing this makes me more think that we should get the season done whenever safe and worry about next season as and when.

Problem is it only takes one individual -just have to find a way of minimising the risk -there being no 100percent safety -which is why you should stay at home if you love the wolves.

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think this will be the reality of any sporting events until we have either a vaccine or effective treatment for cv19. There will be postponements and cancellations where the participants test positive. Re fans turning up outside grounds, I just don’t see this happening now social distancing and lockdown is a part of every day life. The PSG fans celebrating outside the ground was just before the full lockdowns were in place and I’m assuming many may have been watching in bars in the city centre ? Neutral grounds aren’t a perfect deterrent for mass gatherings, for example Leeds clinch promotion at a neutral ground what’s to stop the irresponsible and selfish descending on elland road or the city centre to celebrate? I’d like to see the games played home and away as per normal behind closed doors ( when safe ) with very harsh penalties in place to deter any potential mass gatherings.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even in France, where apparently there are relevant rules, litigation looms....

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even in France, where apparently there are relevant rules, litigation looms....

Completely OT - but one of the links in the first link you posted, was an interview with sylvain deslandes- quite interestin, not sure I’ve seen that posted anywhere else

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

SHEPLEY WOLF

Groupie
Reaction score
Just wait till its safe to play and finish the season if theirs no european football so what
scrap 21-22 season and start again when its safe

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, that Dresden news is bewildering. That's not how I thought it was going to work. Why is the whole squad isolating when just two players have tested positive? Isn't that the point of continuous testing? At Koln, they just isolated the three people who tested positive, the rest are still training.

If the players can't train and the club can't fulfill the fixture, what happens? You can't just shut down a club for two weeks every time there's a positive test, makes a total mockery of starting up again.

OscillatingWildly

Reaction score
Germany is a federal state and it's not up to the DFB to set the rules. This is all enshrined in law.

So the authorities in Nordrhein-Westfalen are fine for Köln to do what they've done, but over in Sachsen it's different, one goes down and you all go down.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yet Wednesday you replied to me saying how serious it would be not to compete the remaining games...... Changed your tune quick!

So German league is set to resume, 2 players flag up a positive and now whole said it's quarantined for 14 days. Soon as this happens if our season starts it'll be shut down. Even if the whole squad didn't quarantine but only the players effected?!! How would you feel if your key 3 players went down with the virus yet the team had to continue but their absence meant losing games and being relegated, they'll be a riot that they were instructed to play.

As i said other day, void season, no title, no relegation and start this season again when potentially more suitable in say September/october, remove league cup as not a key competition and take it from there

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
View attachment 15226
Exactly why we shouldn't be rushing the restart to give people a sport to take theit minds off things..... Honestly the amount of peoole that I've spoken to that selfishly believe the sport should resume just for entertainment to the country /world has shocked me!

Back
Top Bottom