Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

This summer’s surprise departure?

Hanbury_Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Ok Sasa fit and Silva back....but surely you think we still need a first team centre forward in?!?!
Not sure. We've been expectant and disappointed on this position a few times under Fosun

Strikers aren't easy to come by

Assuming Raul leaves, If costa signs a 1 year deal, sasa is fit and silva is back, could we really sign a 4th player for one position?

Costa and sasa certainly can't play anywhere else, fabio could occupy a wide forward position.

There are almost no clubs with 4 active out and out strikers

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wasn't there a rumour a couple of months back that someone was offering stupid money for him?

Wouldn't suprise me as he dropped out of the the team around that time - possibly protecting our investment?

RAN will go for a fortune and if we had nof dropped him, even more. We will be seeing a lot of RAN in big CL games over the coming years.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure. We've been expectant and disappointed on this position a few times under Fosun

Assuming Raul leaves, If costa signs a 1 year deal, sasa is fit and silva is back, could we really sign a 4th player for one position?

Costa and sasa certainly can't play anywhere else, fabio could occupy a wide forward position.

Agree, but my concern is classing all three as effective in that position in the Premier League, for their various reasons. It could be that we get to October and all three arent up to it. We are in trouble then.
but, same old issue, bring in a proven one =50m+, anyone else is another gamble. Like Gykores would be.
We have to trust JL and see what he thinks of the situation.
For all we know all three of those you mention may never play for us again (Fabio arguably is best suited playing of a CF)

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A large chunk of JL’s summer war chest will be generated by the sales of Semedo (20), coady (12) Ran (25), Guedes (18), Raul (8), Jonny (5), Silva (25)

We’ll see the good old loan to buy options for a few incoming and some Mendes deals in our favour.
No one will pay those sorts of fees apart from guedes.
I’d love it if we do spend that much (spent well!)… but after our fairly expensive January window, and other than Neves a distinct lack of prized and in-form assets, we’re going to struggle to generate the required income.

Got a sneaky feeling we’ll be hearing the FFP line wheeled out a bit more again this summer.

Sincerely hope not though and we pull together the required squad!
If you hear ffp as an excuse then lopetegui will walk.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it could be on the cards. Julens quote about he will make a decision after he hears what Jeff has to say is a bit worrying.

In terms of surprise exits, i'm going Kalajdzic.
I honestly don’t think that’s what he said. He meant decision on players not whether he stays.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I honestly don’t think that’s what he said. He meant decision on players not whether he stays.

Disagree totally. He makes 2 distinct comments. The first one

“I am going to have a long meeting with our chairman to hear him and hear what his ideas are for next year. This is going to be key for me.
“We have to improve and have to take advantage of the summer. If not we know the level of the Premier League, the first step is to hear him. Afterwards we will take our decision about a lot of players."

He then said

" Yes (got an investment figure in mind), but that’s why I have to hear him and know first hand what’s his idea. After I will have more information to take a decision"

Unless they havent reported it very well, thats two different statements about decisions. The second one is clearly about is he going to get backed. The first one is about i presume players to keep or sell.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Disagree totally. He makes 2 distinct comments. The first one

“I am going to have a long meeting with our chairman to hear him and hear what his ideas are for next year. This is going to be key for me.
“We have to improve and have to take advantage of the summer. If not we know the level of the Premier League, the first step is to hear him. Afterwards we will take our decision about a lot of players."

He then said

" Yes (got an investment figure in mind), but that’s why I have to hear him and know first hand what’s his idea. After I will have more information to take a decision"

Unless they havent reported it very well, thats two different statements about decisions. The second one is clearly about is he going to get backed. The first one is about i presume players to keep or sell.
Have you watched that interview? I honestly don’t believe he meant he’s making a decision about staying, he meant decisions about how to plan.

English isn’t his strongest suit and I think people are taking something and making a mountain out of a molehill.

Wignall 3-0

Groupie
Reaction score
Kilman would be a surprise and a disappointing loss. Really want him to stay for years. But Newcastle were linked with him earlier in the season and they have silly money to spend.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
I think RAN, seems to have fallen out of favour with JLo, despite looking so promising.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think RAN, seems to have fallen out of favour with JLo, despite looking so promising.
The Newcastle game was the moment. ....said it at the time ....if lopetugui had brought Collins on and the plan was 5 at the back play for 1-1. Rayan 2 mins later was caught right out of position....he either ignored the instruction or didn't get it . ...

Said I felt for him at the time cause lopetugui confused me.. ..he had brought Rayan on 5 mins earlier at left back to attack....as we were 1 down....5 mins later 5 at the back and sit .....

Hence Toti was developed as the sitting left back..

Last edited:

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have you watched that interview? I honestly don’t believe he meant he’s making a decision about staying, he meant decisions about how to plan.

English isn’t his strongest suit and I think people are taking something and making a mountain out of a molehill.

Yep, seen the interview and i still think its got two separate components. Since he got here he's been non committal on next season, probably because of relegation hanging over us. I think he's looking for the thoughts on the plans for next season and the financial backing we will give him. If he doesnt get what he feels he needs he's not going to be like Lage and carry on regardless. We have to match his ambitions and if we dont he wont be here.

I do agree though, could be a little of it lost in translation with his English.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm the biggest happy clapper about but if we don't sign a striker and go with Costa , injured Saza , possibly mentally checked out Silva as our striking option someone needs shooting...

I'm not concerned that it will happen ...can only see 1 max out the 3 mentioned being here ....but can't believe anybody suggests we don't need revolution up front ...

No way will lopetugui not want at least 1 major signing as a striker...I think he will want 2....
The striker we needed last summer and the one before that then.

Third summer is the charm!

Beeches wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

I have no faith in two of them getting the goals required. The other one I have doubt's about his fitness.
Where does that leave us?.

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Neto imo, sold to Arsenal or somewhere like that
I wouldn’t be surprised if he went but the problem is, how much for?

We still don’t know if he can get back to anywhere near his best. We have seen glimpses of hope but he’s still miles off that early promise. Can’t see any club paying a huge fee (what we’d hope/want for him), without him proving he’s still got it and he can stay fit for long enough.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only thing that would surprise me would be selling Hwang before our tour of South Korea.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fabio Silva - after JL comments players wanting to be here…. Therefore if Silva wants another loan he will be gone on permanent transfer. Thanks Jorge let’s recoup our cash!!

Bob Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Kilman would be a surprise as I suspect we will be struggling for English/ homegrown options. But not impossible.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The 7.12 Wolverhampton to New Street, that departure would be a surprise if it left and arrived on time :)

Otherwise - José Sa.
Oh dear Dave, are you my dad in disguise?! ;)

Hopefully none of the lads who have the necessary quality and aren't obviously on their way (Neves and, to a lesser extent, Traore). So: Kilman, Dawson, RAN, Bueno, Lemina, Gomes, Neto and Cunha. Pod is good enough and has some good qualities but I don't like his diving.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You know what? Nuno era well and truly over. Couldn't really care who leaves as it stands. Very disappointing team performances for 2 seasons.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kilman would make sense cos we 'd get decent money and in the main he is pants.

Back
Top Bottom