Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

This season

Jez

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
if we had a choice. Are we all enjoying this season ? Being practically nailed on for being promoted as Champions. Atmosphere a bit hit and miss at times. Anticipation and expectation before games that we just need to turn up......

Or be where Villa or Derby are now where every game is massively important the nervousness before games the exhilaration of closing the gap and strengthening a 2nd / 3rd position with the aim of finishing second at the end of the season.

I remember Sako’s Last season where chasing was so much more exhilarating than coasting

Is it all abit flat?

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not flat here just nervy as hell ( and trying to promote quiet confidence) until its all done and dusted.

E

Essex Wolf

I can sort of understand the point you're making here but every game I attend irrespective of league position I get nervous still. Seeing the team I love win is all important. Fact Wolves sit top of the league right now is just making the season even more enjoyable.

So no it's not at all flat for me.

NavyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The further we get into this season the more bizarre threads are becoming.

It's like half the fans have an inbuilt aversion to success.
Yep, I don't get it. Some of the threads started in just the last week have been bizarre! Why would anyone in their right mind prefer to be where Derby or Vile are compared to where we currently stand ffs!

Some people just start threads for a reaction or through boredom I swear!

Reaction score
I know what you mean, that Dicko Afobe Sako run in was brilliant, we’re in a position now where we can’t really win - if we go up by 10-15 points then that’s par for the course given the first 30 games, if we end up on 90 points and still go up we’ll feel disappointment and like we’ve been sussed out. I’m sure psychologically it’s quite clear that if your position in the table is changing every week and you’re in a pack of teams all scrapping it out it’s more exciting. Stressful, but stress is excitement. We’ve been 1st for months and imo will be until the end of the season too.

Reactions: Jez
S

ShropshireLad

if we had a choice. Are we all enjoying this season ? Being practically nailed on for being promoted as Champions. Atmosphere a bit hit and miss at times. Anticipation and expectation before games that we just need to turn up......

Or be where Villa or Derby are now where every game is massively important the nervousness before games the exhilaration of closing the gap and strengthening a 2nd / 3rd position with the aim of finishing second at the end of the season.

I remember Sako’s Last season where chasing was so much more exhilarating than coasting

Is it all abit flat?
I find the idea of being nailed on for promotion at Easter a little disturbing.

However, to get to your question I'm a lot happier where we are than the rest of them for whom the tension must be gut-wrenchingly nerve-wracking. :D

Jez

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think a lot of it, is nerves.

We are 13 point clear
Why be nervous

Yesterday we only sang we are top of the league once. Or Nuno Nuno Nuno will take us to the Premier once. Even last season under Zenga it was a constant chant

Would it not be more nervousness if we were 2nd or 3rd
More exhilarating?

M

Muscat2Footer

Hate how well we’re doing. It would so much more fun to be like a Leyton Orient, plummeting down the leagues, constantly on the verge of non-existence. The thrill week in week out is unparalelled.

Fingers crossed we mess up this season and get back to back to back relegations so I can start enjoying my Saturdays again.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are 13 point clear
Why be nervous

Yesterday we only sang we are top of the league once. Or Nuno Nuno Nuno will take us to the Premier once. Even last season under Zenga it was a constant chant

More exhilarating?
Right to be nervous, sorry, until there is a P next to our name, I'll be nervous.

D

Deleted member 4453

the atmosphere has been a lot lot better lately.
I can tell you now no one thinks the season is done, and if you did a poll, I'd sure around 3 quarters of us are still nervous about mucking it up.

M

Mr Wolf

I preferred the second half yesterday, first half I was quite bored if the truth be told despite the excellent football at times.

But as much as I like the excitement, build up & nerves to needing to get a result I’d rather be 3/4 goals up or 15 points clear.

We’ll have plenty of hard fought close games next season I’m sure to get that buzz you’re on about. Just try & enjoy it now.

Reactions: Jez
E

Essex Wolf

We are 13 point clear
Why be nervous

More exhilarating?
Looking at the league table it feels great seeing Wolves with such a lead but until such time that promotion is assured and that the worst position Wolves can finish is 2nd then I'll still feel nervous.

the atmosphere has been a lot lot better lately.
I can tell you now no one thinks the season is done, and if you did a poll, I'd sure around 3 quarters of us are still nervous about mucking it up.

You joking? Second half was abysmal yesterday.

D

Deleted member 4453

You joking? Second half was abysmal yesterday.

lot better around me in South Bank to what it was in December/start of January. Not the best yesterday but there have been far worse games.

lot better around me in South Bank to what it was in December/start of January. Not the best yesterday but there have been far worse games.

Oh yeah I agree about that. The first half was brilliant, just a shame it didn't carry on in the second half.

I wonder what the difference was with the halves...

D

Deleted member 4453

Oh yeah I agree about that. The first half was brilliant, just a shame it didn't carry on in the second half.

I wonder what the difference was with the halves...

I didn't notice much difference in the second half but I'd put it down to nerves. I sang whenever I got the chance but I'd had a fair bit to drink as well.

M

MonkeySpanner

Beautiful football, a club as a whole that finally is pulling in the right direction, a manager who has a plan, one of the worlds best football agents advising and offering extremely good players we have not had access to in the past, a packed Molineux and thirteen points clear. Not flat, FAT!!!!:)

Oh! I forgot, Albion looking like their getting relegated......Double FAT

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My god the OP asks a strange question. Would i rather be in our position or villa/derby?!! No contest. I want wolves to win the league. I am desperate for success. Yesterday frustrated me because we were sloppy. Be careful what you wish for as we still have to go to fulham, boro, leeds, villa and cardiff and could lose the lot. This is not over yet

D

Deleted member TW5162

Let me think...

12 points clear in February or fighting for 2nd with 2-3 other teams week in week out.

Hmmm.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone who cor be happy with what we are doing now needs to go and see a doctor.Chill its Sunday a day of rest.;)

ManningtreeWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Is it all abit flat?
Never flat for me. Every Wolves game I've ever attended including this season and yesterday, i always feel nervy and tense inside, despite the quality and squad we have. Im just pleased that to go along with that nervy feeling you have watching the team you love, at last i have the exhiliration knowing we have players who can entertain and get you off your seat with their technical ability. Nervous anticipation excitement and happiness sums up this season so far for me.

Back
Top Bottom