Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The We Want '----' Poll

I would like the next manager of WWFC to be:

• Total voters

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What this thread conclusively proves is that we DO NOT want either Warnock or Bruce.

To appoint either would be an insult to Mick's legacy.

P

petecarvell

I swear I'll burn my shirt and go into football hibernation if Bruce or Warnock are even considered.

lmuwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Stuart Baxter. His name used to get mentioned.

The place needs an instant lift. Keegan would do that. Who said Herve Renard?! Is he the boss of Montpellier who are flying in Ligue 1

There is a lot of dross out there. What's happened to O'Leary?

B

BlakemoreWolf

i chose Curbishley but ian holloway was on my mind to...but both of them will change wolves imo.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ian Holloway wants the job. I heard it via an outspoken football agent that suffers with alopecia.

EDIT - just checked the odds, he's dropped to 8/1 from 18/1 yesterday. Chris Hughton odds dropping with PP as well

Last edited by a moderator:

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks for the vote of confidence Wolvo Boi, perhaps the men in white coats would be welcome just now. Not as mad as you and Moira Stewart may think. From this mornings Guardian it would look like we are going to go for an interim manager until the end of the season. Apart from Curbishley I don't really think much of what is being considered in such a scenario. Bruce may do a job for a while but I don't see him as long term material. Neil Warnock might be OK but in my mind he is good at getting teams promoted but then they go straight back down again (mind you on occasions he has had little in the line of resources).

B

Brandons gramps

Just come to me - the perfect candidate...

McGuyver !

He's got loads of experience of pulling together loads of tat and crafting an escape!
:p

Big Nosed Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
None of the above for me.

The last five years has seen the 'project' adhered to. The first sign of real crisis and the wheels fall off. Mick is gone and in spite of a dire season has left a huge hole to be filled now.

Serious questions need to be asked about the handling of events this season.

For the long term I would like to see Moyes. But would he come?

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is a manager we would all like to see BNW, but you sum up what I suspect are your doubts and are mine in your final question.

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The last five years has seen the 'project' adhered to. The first sign of real crisis and the wheels fall off. Mick is gone and in spite of a dire season has left a huge hole to be filled now.

For the long term I would like to see Moyles. But would he come?

Busy at Radio 1 I think.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

For the long term I would like to see Moyles. But would he come?

He's on a decent salary with the BBC, not sure we could afford the compensation.

Unless you meant David, but that would be ridiculous.

Big Nosed Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

For the long term I would like to see Moyes. But would he come?

Just spotted my deliberate mistake and corrected.

T

thommo's tash

Haven't seen any mention of Billy Davies yet. There's probably good reason for that, but doesn't he often overachieve? No saying I would want him, but possibly another name in the hat?

The_Blade

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not much out there. Curbishley prob the best option.

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Holloway is a decent shout.

He seems to be someone that can interact with the players and is a decent motivator, he looks like he could get the players on his side quickly. I'm of the opinion that we are in a false position, we have good players on a par with at least 7 or 8 sides in this division we just need the right guy to come along and reinvigorate them.

The job he's done at Blackpool has been magnificent. They play good football and aren't afraid to have a go although defensively last year they didn't exactly shut up shop, but then again we couldn't be described as rock solid. I have no doubt, without being disrespectful, that if he had a squad of players like we had they would have stayed up.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
just throwing another name into the hat

Nick Barmby

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just say....

We hire Mr x now on a short term contract and we go down with 34 points.

His contract isn't renewed and we find ourselves managerless with a season in the Championship ahead. Mick McCarthy is still out of work.

Would you...?

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Solskjaer.
Intelligent.
Successful.
Experience of the premier league.

Martin Swain on Twitter:

MartinSwain1: #wwfc ... spoken to Ole Gunnar's agent and Wolves fans can forget that one I feel. So we are left with...

Big Nosed Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Martin Swain on Twitter:

MartinSwain1: #wwfc ... spoken to Ole Gunnar's agent and Wolves fans can forget that one I feel. So we are left with...

No one who will be of much use in the short term. Or even medium term.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
... Can a mod please pin this on the front page.....we need the club to know ;)

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't believe people would want Ian Holloway here. I'd be as $$$$ed off with that appointment as I would be with Warnock. The bloke is a $$$$, and no better than McCarthy.

(Sorry, the evasion wasn't intentional, I was elongating the word mid-rant as it seemed fitting, apologies again!)

Cambswolf

Groupie
Reaction score
can we have a new Poll and stick Lee Clark on it as I want to change my mind who I voted for...

S

Sandwell Wolf

It's got to be Curbishley. Just look at the poll.

Curbishley until the summer please. Then reevaluate the situation. Can always have a look at Chris Houghton if Blues haven't been promoted and Curbishley isn't performing like we expected.

Alan Curbishley, it's got to be. Bruce or Warnock and I will be giving my season ticket away and not going again for the rest of the season.

Back
Top Bottom