Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The trip to Ireland

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just wanted to mention that I hope everyone who travelled over for the last few days had a great time.

Met loads of people over the 3 days and even the weather was great overall. Even got my picture on the official site with Sam Ricketts.

Anyway, here's to a great season ahead and a united support behind the manager and team.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree 100% with Dubwolf, it was a fantastic few days and I also hope our visitors enjoyed their time with us and were made feel welcome in the Emerald Isle!

A big shout out to Tim and Jon from the E&S, you couldn't meet two nicer blokes!

Finally, at long last Dub and I were introduced for the first time, the rumours were true, he's one diamond geezer!!

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very annoyed I didn't make it, hope everyone who went had a great time.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very annoyed I didn't make it, hope everyone who went had a great time.

You may not have been with us but you were mentioned in despatches .... ' The Blackburn Incident' ..... Hollywood are thinking of making the movie !!!!:D

See you soon.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just did the Shamrock Rovers game this time.

Train, Crewe to Holyhead: £45.00

Ferry to Dublin: £33.00

Accomodation: £54.00

Sundries: bus, tram, beer, food, match ticket etc. approx. £50.00

Add all that up and it's a fair chunk of a season ticket !!

I really do question my sanity sometimes :smile:

J

Jack

Had three great days in Dublin. £77 for two nights accommodation and flight, £250 quid on beer and Apache pizza. Wouldn't swap it for the world. Fitzgerald's Monday night was one of the best nights I've ever had supporting Wolves

AW

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would have loved to have done it this time as well but what with the female wanting to go to Asia on a holiday I couldn't afford it.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You may not have been with us but you were mentioned in despatches .... ' The Blackburn Incident' ..... Hollywood are thinking of making the movie !!!!:D

See you soon.

Dub was amazed I went up to him at Peterborough away, one of Sollys rare wins and remembered him. Never forget a face me :D

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Sounds like everyone had a great time over in Ireland, and like Burton I really wish I`d been there..

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cost me a bit more - £125 for a night in the marker, £75 a night at the Hilton, £60 for the hire car.

Well, I say me. It cost my company that because conveniently I had arranged some meetings in Dublin on those days :D More Ireland tours please Wolves!

Nice atmosphere at Shamrock and an enjoyable few days- good to see the young players developing - Weeks getting his chance, Van La Parra making an impact, Clarke amongst the goals, Foley giving Jackett another option and Batth looking like he's been working hard on improving his touch. Hause and EEL will see the tour as another step in their development curve as well - I don't think they are ready for the first team but coming and taking the ball off the keeper and trying to play out from the back despite their current inferiority technically was pleasing to see.

Shape of the team has looked much better in a 4231 than 442 but good to see Kenny again showing some flexibility.

Team spirit has looked good - some amusing moments on the touchline and the pics from official wolves show the players to be working hard and enjoying themselves.

What a stark contrast from the last time we were here - however this season pans out I think we have a professional bunch that want to be a success and are giving everything they have to ensure that. The club should be acknowledged for getting the foundations in order as well.

Overall - a successful tour that will have provided questions and answers and it bodes well for a successful season.

Until we lose 3 on the bounce ;)

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cost me a bit more - £125 for a night in the marker, £75 a night at the Hilton, £60 for the hire car.

Well, I say me. It cost my company that because conveniently I had arranged some meetings in Dublin on those days :D More Ireland tours please Wolves!

Nice atmosphere at Shamrock and an enjoyable few days- good to see the young players developing - Weeks getting his chance, Van La Parra making an impact, Clarke amongst the goals, Foley giving Jackett another option and Batth looking like he's been working hard on improving his touch. Hause and EEL will see the tour as another step in their development curve as well - I don't think they are ready for the first team but coming and taking the ball off the keeper and trying to play out from the back despite their current inferiority technically was pleasing to see.

Shape of the team has looked much better in a 4231 than 442 but good to see Kenny again showing some flexibility.

Team spirit has looked good - some amusing moments on the touchline and the pics from official wolves show the players to be working hard and enjoying themselves.

What a stark contrast from the last time we were here - however this season pans out I think we have a professional bunch that want to be a success and are giving everything they have to ensure that. The club should be acknowledged for getting the foundations in order as well.

Overall - a successful tour that will have provided questions and answers and it bodes well for a successful season.

Until we lose 3 on the bounce ;)

If we lose our first three games of the season it'll be Kenny out on here.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just heading home after a wonderful few day's taking in both game's and the training session on the Tuesday morning.

Really didn't realise how many Wolves fan's we had based in Ireland you're a credit to the club.

For anyone who hasn't done a preseason tour do it as it's an amazing chance to mingle close up with tge player's.Jack Price is a top guy who really engaged well and shock my hand at least 5 time's.

All in all Dublin is a wonderful city which we will return to again at some stage in the future.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just heading home after a wonderful few day's taking in both game's and the training session on the Tuesday morning.

Really didn't realise how many Wolves fan's we had based in Ireland you're a credit to the club.

For anyone who hasn't done a preseason tour do it as it's an amazing chance to mingle close up with tge player's.Jack Price is a top guy who really engaged well and shock my hand at least 5 time's.

All in all Dublin is a wonderful city which we will return to again at some stage in the future.

Sorry to have missed you Bugsy .... I'm sure our paths crossed because I was in Malahide on Tuesday morning.

I also went around the bar in the Maldron on Monday evening checking for Mixers, but there weren't too many about at that time!

Glad you enjoyed the trip!!

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I was there as well on Tuesday morning, Bugsy so we probably spoke at some stage.

Glad you enjoyed your time in Dublin.

Dubwolf71

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dub was amazed I went up to him at Peterborough away, one of Sollys rare wins and remembered him. Never forget a face me :D

Amazed is right. I'm fairly good with faces myself Burton.

Hopefully we will have plenty of happy away days in the Championship this season.

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Glad to see so many enjoyed the trip to Ireland. Great to meet you again Waggie and as on previous trips this acts as a focal point for a gathering of us Irish fans also. Good atmosphere at both matches also.

CodsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was there as well on Tuesday morning, Bugsy so we probably spoke at some stage.

Glad you enjoyed your time in Dublin.

I was at Malahide as well - I was the bloke trying to keep his 2 young daughters entertained during the players mingling and keepers training.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Me and my son were both in white t-shirts and sat in the shade behind where the keepers were training ...only knowing people from a message board posting is very hard to find them in real life !!

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Glad to see so many enjoyed the trip to Ireland. Great to meet you again Waggie and as on previous trips this acts as a focal point for a gathering of us Irish fans also. Good atmosphere at both matches also.

Yes, great to see you WIL. Would be nice to have the Wolves over here every preseason. Sweden used to be an annual event back in the 70s!

N

northbank

i think all the goals conceded so far has been when 2nd string has been on,

Back
Top Bottom