Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The 'This Time Next Year' Prediction Thread.

Hereford Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I predict that this time next year we will be seventh and we will require at least three more wins out of our last four games to qualify for the play-offs.

wolf97

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And we will fail miserably.

B

Batman

Yeah i think we might be struggling just outside the play offs. We will see the return of our old friend who we've not encountered since Hoddle's time next year.

Expectancy..............

P

Phys Ed Wolf

We'll be fighting to stay in the Prem League once again.

P

Phys Ed Wolf

No. But seriously, I'll have my optimists hat on again and believe we'll be fighting for an automatic spot. Colour me deluded. To be honest though its really difficult to make any predictions until we know how we set up managerially, coaching staff and which players go, stay and are bought in.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
5th, with the possibilty of 2nd if we win 3 out of the last 4

Fail in the play offs

B

Batman

No. But seriously, I'll have my optimists hat on again and believe we'll be fighting for an automatic spot. Colour me deluded. To be honest though its really difficult to make any predictions until we know how we set up managerially, coaching staff and which players go, stay and are bought in.

True if we've still got TC we may be in a similar position to Coventry at the moment

B

bridgnorthwolf

Top.

Two points clear of second

Five points clear of third.

wolf97

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On a serious note, if we appoint a good manager we will be in the top three. If we appoint a $$$$ one we will be midtable.

RJs Tankard

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm struggling to see how people think that our team that has been so poor in the Premiership will be so strong in the Championship.

Assuming that Fletch, Jarvis, Doyle and Possibly O'Hara and Hennessey will leave, we're left with a dire defence, a weak midfield, and a weak strike force.

If we're going to do well next year, we need to spend the money from the sales of Fletch, Jarvis and Doyle to bring in an entire new back four.

We'll need a good ball playing midfielder in the centre of midfield (assuming Milijas remains out of favour - but if he stays, he could do a job for us in the Champ). If Jarvis goes, we'll need a new left sided midfielder because Hunt, in my opinion, isn't up to it. Its hard to believe that Hunt is only 30. He looks like a 35/36 year old that has lost his legs and is going through the motions and winding down before retirement. He shouldn't be looking that down and out at his age.

SEB will probably do a job in the Champ, although I doubt he'll score as many as he did the last time we were down in that league. Then he'll need a decent partner too.

Its not going to be as easy as we think. Its a difficult league (as we know too well!).

Even if we do retain some of our players and win promotion, we'll only end up in the same situation as we are now - stuck with the same bunch of players in the Premiership that just arent good enough. If we're going to get out of the Championship, and then have some chance of staying in the Premiership if we go up again, then it needs to be with different players - starting with the back four as a priority.

Our key players next season should be Kightly, Jarvis (if we can keep hold of him) - and possibly Henry and Ebanks-Blake. If any offers come in for any other player, we should seriously consider them. We need to move them on.

The likes of Stearman, Berra, Edwards, Ward, etc are mid-table Championship quality at best. The fringe players such as Elokobi, Eggert, etc are noticably weaker still.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
In 4th place....

....level with Chelsea in the chase for Champions League football.

Big Nosed Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think there will be a few disappointed faces come this time next year.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Seriously, I think we'll be around 5th in the Championship gaining our 17th draw of the season away at 8th placed Hull City.

Manager Lee Clark tells the media that we must convert more of these draws into wins if we want to make a late bid for automatic promotion.

welshy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3rd with 3 teams fighting it out for 2nd.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
With Hughton in we will be top or at least in the the top two.

E

Edgmond Wolf

I think it depends on a few things

1. Who we appoint as manager
2. How many "stars" we hold on to
3. Who is Captain
4. If we can re capture the "team" spirit
5. Who we sign

Come on the Wolves

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Things will be tight but after a winless 8 game run we finish 15th and Connor is finally sacked with Weaver and Mountain putting their part time outdoor pursuits retail business to one side to overtake Connor as most hapless clown in charge ever.

I have zero confidence in next season.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn't qualify the post as to what the disappointment would be caused by.:p

Well observed sir! I just hope we get a good manager in early in close season and a decent start as confidence might be fragile amongst some.
TBH until we know the manager and squad it's a bit difficult to predict.

L

Lupine

I think this question can only really be answered once we discover who both Morgan and Moxey (providing they are still at the club) choose to succeed Terry Connor as Wolves manager, if indeed they decide to show TC the door at all (spine-chilling thought I know).

The new managerial appointment is a really massive, history defining decision for the club, which could effect our fate for the next decade and I hypothetically pray that Jez and Steve have learnt their mistakes from McCarthy-Gate and have already made a stealthy approach for their top target so their recruitment choice can very quickly jump into TC's office in June, bring in their own backroom staff from scratch, meet with the playing staff and identify transfer targets for next season in the Championship to replace the imminent exodus of players scrambling for a return to the Premiership.

If the right decision is made then a top four finish isn't beyond us, despite the fact I think the Championship will be one of the most difficult in recent memory next season, given the teams coming up too, I would also argue that a lot of the current clubs in the Championship are currently much better than some of those plying their trade in the Premiership.

However if Morgan and Jez decide to squirrel away the vast millions in revenue we have acquired during the last three seasons in the Prem (likely) and the revenue gained through sales of some of our 'star players' (Johnson, Doyle, Fletcher, Hennessey, O'Hara, Henry(?), Jarvis) over the next few months and in-turn hand us a miserly transfer war-chest (£6M) to replace the players who have left then I will really start to worry.

If they penny-pinch even further like they have demonstrated this season and leave TC in charge next season to try and get us back up to the Premiership then it is my genuine belief that we will finish 15th place or lower with his 'style' of football and lack of managerial experience; let's just hope the right decision is made for everybody's sake!!

M

Monkey Man

bottom half with plenty of talk about how next year will be our year.

B

BlakemoreWolf

I think we could again have McCarthy as manager...i think we could get a decent squad together to get a return to prem..

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It will feel a bit like all those many years in the 80s and 90s stuck in the 2nd tier always it seemed just a few pts and a win on or 2 away from the pos and ultimately failing to make it. Providing we get a dynamic, young manager, clear out about a half of this squad, bring in some fresh faces and promote a couple of youngsters we may make top 6.

P

Penk Wolf

Yeah i think we might be struggling just outside the play offs. We will see the return of our old friend who we've not encountered since Hoddle's time next year.

Expectancy..............

Expectancy didn't help this season.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we'll lose to Blues in the semi finals of the play-offs.

Munro Munro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I predict that this time next year we will be seventh and we will require at least three more wins out of our last four games to qualify for the play-offs.

Agree back to our usual position of seventh, thats if were lucky, we need something positive to happen a totally new start

Freeport wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

3. Who is Captain
5. Who we sign

Come on the Wolves

I agree with all the points you have raised. The most critical is getting the right manager. Hopefully, he should be able achieve the other things mentioned. If so, I am looking at automatic promotion and at worst the play offs.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

3. Who is Captain
5. Who we sign

Come on the Wolves
The most crucial is the new manager - the right man will generate the spirit, be able to retain some of our 'stars' - ideally MJ, and will have the status to attract decent replacements for the driftwood he will hopefully clear out.

E

Edgmond Wolf

The most crucial is the new manager - the right man will generate the spirit, be able to retain some of our 'stars' - ideally MJ, and will have the status to attract decent replacements for the driftwood he will hopefully clear out.

Bloody hell we agree on something :D

A

Apocalypse Now

A lot will depend on Morgan. Will he decide to invest to maximise his return or again be risk averse and thus only invest profits and thereby risk having a few more years in the wilderness. I can see us easily be either in the automatic promotion spots orjust as easily in the relegation places with disharmony on the terraces. This is the biggest summer for Morgan since he took charge.

Back
Top Bottom