Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The search for a new midfielder

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not us we’re sorted.

The Search for a Midfielder

Seems that pile of ****e from last weekend may have realised that little old Wolverhampton may have a few decent players after all.

Still makes me smile how our midfield three made pogba and co look like a complete bunch of ****ers.
Bob, with all due respect, let’s keep a low profile......we don’t need any head hunters sniffing around Wolves....lol.
Actually, it’s probsbly too late.....I’m sure many agents of our players are receiving offers...
Talent attracts attention.

R

reanswolf

I think we definitely do need a different sort of more attacking midfielder come in.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
United fans debating which of our players they'd prefer to strengthen their midfield. :D We've come a loooooong way from Henry and Edwards.
Don’t forget more recently (2 years ago) Saville and Evans

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
So we sat deep and really didn’t do much ?
We didn’t create that many chances -2 goals and 3 saves ?
Neves can pass and shoot but hasn’t got much else to his game?
Neves is immobile?
Neves doesn’t do much defensive work ?
Moutinho didn’t make a decisive pass-the dribble and the goal?
Yes it is all about opinons but what did United do?
It seems it was ‘Wolves we’re ok but...........’

quirky_birky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So we sat deep and really didn’t do much ?
We didn’t create that many chances -2 goals and 3 saves ?
Neves can pass and shoot but hasn’t got much else to his game?
Neves is immobile?
Neves doesn’t do much defensive work ?
Moutinho didn’t make a decisive pass-the dribble and the goal?
Yes it is all about opinons but what did United do?
It seems it was ‘Wolves we’re ok but...........’

Pogba's transfer fee was 19 times what we paid for Moutinho. What exactly did he do? I wouldn't swap him for any of our midfield - and I include Saiss and the Donk in that.

Poztin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
006C21EB-5B7E-47FF-ADDF-BBDC863864BE.jpeg

Better players than the supposedly “best midfielder in the world” Pogba?!

Moutinho off to Spain as if he’s 22 not 32!

It’s like they don’t know teams exist below the top 6.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Pogba's transfer fee was 19 times what we paid for Moutinho. What exactly did he do? I wouldn't swap him for any of our midfield - and I include Saiss and the Donk in that.
All players have poor games for a variety of reasons but with the likes of Pogba a lot of it depends on whether his head is right .If it isn’t he is often all over the place ,disappears or goes off like a bottle of pop.
Some Managers will accept their foibles but Nuno would never have that type here.Yes he is a very good player but in much the same way as the likes of Ballotelli you just don’t know what you will get and as they say it only takes one bad apple ,however good a player they are.

quirky_birky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All players have poor games for a variety of reasons but with the likes of Pogba a lot of it depends on whether his head is right .If it isn’t he is often all over the place ,disappears or goes off like a bottle of pop.
Some Managers will accept their foibles but Nuno would never have that type here.Yes he is a very good player but in much the same way as the likes of Ballotelli you just don’t know what you will get and as they say it only takes one bad apple ,however good a player they are.

For all his talent, Ferguson let him go. I think that says it all.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When I saw this thread I thought Utd were still looking for Pogba, who was last seen at around 7.55pm on Saturday on the pitch at Molineux. A distressed sounding Ole called the authorities 45 mins later when he noticed he was missing.

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm coming to the conclusion that assessment of players, when looking to buy them, needs to include a psychological profile. Too many seem to be talented but with definite character flaws. In one of the Man U threads a fan suggests that after a few post-Mourinho games Pogba has reverted to type, and it may be he is a very complicated individual requiring as much coaxing as coaching.
As for poaching our players, it will be interesting to see if any of our best quit on 'The Project'. From all I see and hear they are a happy bunch, well rewarded for last year's efforts and with really good futures here at Molineux. I'd bet they will stay for another year or two at least - there seems little or no reason for them to leave, particularly if we can get a toehold into Europe for next season.

The Fat Bloke

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For all his talent, Ferguson let him go. I think that says it all.
Said it before, I wouldn’t have Pogba over any of our midfield.

In a team game, he is all about him.

Too lazy, too many tricks, just a show pony.

I know he won the World Cup etc etc but he wouldn’t get into our team.

Slate me all you may, but he is a bad apple.

quirky_birky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

They say there's no "i" in "team". There isn't one in Wolverhampton Wanderers or Wolves, but there certainly is in Manchester United. :D

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

TEAM being the key in all this....

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Totally agree, we have a very happy team at present, Pogba could poison that. I do wonder, though, if Rui is 100% happy. It seemed odd to me to not have him on the bench on Saturday.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Utd have a World Cup winning and title winning midfielder in their starting line up, and our was better

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why would any of our team actually want to leave for man u, they are on an opposite trajectory to ours.
3 years time and we will be challenging in every club competition, man u will be challenging to qualify for the Europa league.
The next generation will be asking with genuine intrigue
"Who the **** are man utd?"

S

Scottishwolf

Interesting to see their views but all relatively well balanced. Neves hasn't had a great season, or at least hasn't progressed or adapted in the same way as Jota to life in the prem. Yet...

Abbobrom

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Golden Oldie talks in his post about Psychological Profile , I am sure he is correct.
An Example.
A friend of mine who used to work in the Arsenal Academy now scouts for us in the London area. He had had a tip off about a young lad in the Northampton area. He contacted another mutual friend who lives nearer Northampton, and asked him to have a look at the lad. This was duly done, and after a conversation with the scout, it was decided that he should have a second viewing.

Impressed with what he had witnessed again, it was arranged that the scout would travel up, and they would meet to watch the lad. After about fifteen minutes the scout walked off. Perplexed by this, our mutual friend asked what he though. The reply: "The two things he has got we can coach", then pointing to his head and heart, he said, "Those two things we can't do anything about".

You can have all the ability in the world but if your attitude isn't right then forget it.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Totally agree, we have a very happy team at present, Pogba could poison that. I do wonder, though, if Rui is 100% happy. It seemed odd to me to not have him on the bench on Saturday.
Costa had a very strange expression post-match in the videos too...

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Costa has a natural expression that looks like he just got a smacked ****, as if some voice in his head has just given him a *******ing.

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hi did, noticeably on the Alt highlights. Not sulky, just a bit unsure? I suppose he would have been expecting/hoping to be an integral part of the team. Shame really, our first Portugese import?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hi did, noticeably on the Alt highlights. Not sulky, just a bit unsure? I suppose he would have been expecting/hoping to be an integral part of the team. Shame really, our first Portugese import?
Our first Portuguese of this generation perhaps... Silas for one proceeded him...

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yeah i was a bit surprised Rui wasnt on the bench, i understand and agree with Ruddy starting but just presumed Patricio would be back up , as De Gea was for Utd..... be interested if Rui makes the bench for the cup final when we get there.

As for keeping this team together , i think the majority will want to stay but a couple on the periphery ( Costa, Cav) will be move on.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They're just giving Norris a taste of first team squad action, same as every other FA Cup game.

Rui was there with his family so hardly storming off in a strop!

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They're just giving Norris a taste of first team squad action, same as every other FA Cup game.

Rui was there with his family so hardly storming off in a strop!
At the end of the day he was given a payed day off work, why would he be unhappy right?

Back
Top Bottom