Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The run in -which teams are staying the pace and who is getting left behind?

Cuban Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
The top 10 places in the league as it stands: 1st Feb 2018
P W D L GD Pts PPG
1 Wolves 29 20 6 4 29 65 2.24
2 Derby 29 15 9 5 21 54 1,86
3 Aston Villa 29 15 8 6 18 53 1.83
4 Cardiff 28 15 6 7 15 51 1,82
5 Bristol City 29 14 9 6 19 51 1.76
6 Fulham 29 15 9 7 14 48 1.66
7 Sheffield Utd 29 14 4 11 9 46 1.59
8 Middlesboro 29 13 6 10 11 45 1.55
9 Preston 29 11 12 6 7 45 1.55
10 Leeds Utd 29 13 5 11 7 44 1.52

Top ten matches to play each other in the run in:
Wolves
03 Feb 18 Sheffield Utd H
24 Feb 18 Fulham A
07 Mar 18 Leeds Utd A
10 Mar 18 Aston Villa A
30 Mar 18 Middlesboro A
07 Apr 18 Cardiff A
10 Apr 18 Derby H

Tricky Game? Birmingham H

Derby
20 Feb Leeds Utd H
03 Mar Fulham H
17 Mar Cardiff H
10 Apr Wolves A
21 Apr Middlesboro H
28 Apr Aston Villa A

Tricky Game ? Notts Forest A

Cardiff
03 Feb Leeds Utd A
17 Feb Middlesboro H
24 Feb Bristol City H
17 Mar Derby A
02 Apr Sheffield Utd A
07 Apr Wolves H
10 Apr Aston Villa A

Bristol City
17 Feb Leeds Utd A
20 Feb Fulham H
24 Feb Cardiff A
15 Apr Middlesboro A
06 May Sheffield Utd H

Aston Villa
17 Feb Fulham A
10 Mar Wolves H
10 Apr Cardiff H
15 Apr Leeds Utd H

Tricky Game Birmingham H

Fulham
17 Feb Aston Villa H
20 Feb Bristol City A
24 Feb Wolves H
03 Mar Derby A
06 Mar Sheffield Utd H
02 Apr Leeds Utd H

Sheffield Utd
03 Feb Wolves A
10 Feb Leeds Utd H
06 Mar Fulham A
02 Apr Cardiff A
10 Middlesboro H
06 May Bristol City A

Middlesboro
17 Feb Cardiff A
03 Mar Leeds Utd H
30 Mar Wolves H
10 Apr Sheffield Utd A
15 Apr Bristol City H
21 Apr Derby A

Tricky Game Sunderland Away

Leeds Utd
03 Feb Carrdiff H
10 Feb Sheffield Utd H
17 Feb Bristol City H
20 Feb Derby A
03 Mar Middlesboro A
07 Mar Wolves H
02 Apr Fulham A
15 Apr Aston Villa A

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's between the 3 Midlands teams for me. I'd much rather play Derby villa Fulham as they will want to beat us, draws are no good on gaining on us. Burton and Birmingham will both cone here for 0-0 that's where we struggle. Look at Brentford they came to play football and we ripped them a new one

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Based on those run-ins, then Villa should be the main threat. Have got all of their harder away games out of the way.

This is The Championship though. All the teams will suffer some sort of surprise setback in a similar manner to our recent one against Forest.

Quite fancy Fulham to win the play-offs though.

BarryM

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Teams just in the play offs need to keep winning so need to win games.

Teams just outside the play offs need to win to try and get in.

Villa and Derby will be the tough ones because they are going to make the playoffs so may be happy with a point gained.

Likewise with the sides sat in limbo ... safe from relegation and no chance of playoffs ... they will be happy with a point against the runaway leaders.

Those games are hard to win when teams are happy with a drawer.

Leeds and Brentford come to mind ... they tried to play football against us ... and got spanked.

HKWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Away games will suit us more than home games. We will win every away game and maybe if we are unlucky we might draw a couple of home games. I wouldn’t be surprised if we won every single game though.

No one is even going to be close to us. I mean Grabban, Hogan and that youth player or Afobe, Bonatini and Mir. Do me a favour, we will absolutely murder Villa if they try and attack us and they are the best of a mediocre bunch.

E

Essex Wolf

I don't think there are any easy games as such.

When you look at Wolves remaining fixtures they have a large number of games against teams in the lower reaches of the league. If they were to say just win 50% of those games alone then with the 4 games lead they already hold as such that should put everyone else under pressure. But just one game at a time.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've got enough to win it, im sure of it. Our away form is good, there is less pressure on us away from homes and teams tend to have a go more. At home its getting a little cagey as teams are coming to sit in more and more but the additions of Mir and Afobe mean we have different options up top now so im confident we have enough. Plus we have points on the board, other teams are chasing us and that creates more pressure on them when they are 1-0 down in games.

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Teams just in the play offs need to keep winning so need to win games.

Teams just outside the play offs need to win to try and get in.

Villa and Derby will be the tough ones because they are going to make the playoffs so may be happy with a point gained.

Likewise with the sides sat in limbo ... safe from relegation and no chance of playoffs ... they will be happy with a point against the runaway leaders.

Those games are hard to win when teams are happy with a drawer.

Leeds and Brentford come to mind ... they tried to play football against us ... and got spanked.

Depends what you're stashing away in it though pal!!

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Away games will suit us more than home games. We will win every away game and maybe if we are unlucky we might draw a couple of home games. I wouldn’t be surprised if we won every single game though.

No one is even going to be close to us. I mean Grabban, Hogan and that youth player or Afobe, Bonatini and Mir. Do me a favour, we will absolutely murder Villa if they try and attack us and they are the best of a mediocre bunch.
Villa like to play like an away team a the time they want to hit teams on the break

Wolferoo

Groupie
Reaction score
So we play away against teams that need wins and therefore have to attack us and apart from those games, the majority of our remaining games are at home against the bottom half?

Looking good to me!

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Villa 2nd, Derby 3rd, Fulham 4th, Brizzle 5th, Boro 6th.

Fingers crossed ****ty Cardiff miss out on playoffs by goal difference. Can’t see Sheff Utd lasting the race, Leeds haven’t strengthened when they should have.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just like to be looking down at the po places rather than looking up in some vain hope as usually happens!!!!!!!

CVWolves

Reaction score
My table has us winning promotion at Bolton away, and finishing on 99 with Derby second, above the Villa on goal difference.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Funny how our minds have changed with 1 win at Ipswich in a game which we dominated but could easily have conceded at the end.
Imo it'll be us finishing ahead of the Villa (who will push us right to the end), with Fulham beating Derby in the playoff final.

ShifnalWolf

Graphmaster General
Reaction score
Funny how our minds have changed with 1 win at Ipswich in a game which we dominated but could easily have conceded at the end.
Imo it'll be us finishing ahead of the Villa (who will push us right to the end), with Fulham beating Derby in the playoff final.
Take it you didn't watch Villa Tuesday night then Peszky..

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
17 games to go and 90 points should see us top two unless two sides go on a run above 2 points per game average, so we need 25 points, which would be below the current average per game of every side in the top ten, so I feel good about our prospects now we've strengthened and are on a Saturday to Saturday schedule for a while.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think it's more the point that most of us didn't change our minds due to a 1 game losing streak.

M

merseawolf

Based on those run-ins, then Villa should be the main threat. Have got all of their harder away games out of the way.

This is The Championship though. All the teams will suffer some sort of surprise setback in a similar manner to our recent one against Forest.

Quite fancy Fulham to win the play-offs though.
I said after watching Villa at Molineux that they will push for 2nd place. We were brilliant that night but you could still see they are well drilled comfortable on the ball and have quality players. I still think they will come runners up but over 10 points behind us. Fulham to win play offs

lmuwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'd rather play teams around us away from home. Yeah it's does look tough going to those places, but Nuno will have our players fired up for every single game.
Like others have said the opponents have got to come at us. So the games will be open.

On the twist of those tough away games.......

We have to play 9 of the bottom 12.
7 of those 9 are at home.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Funny how so many forget Brentford

T

Torcher

I've been saying Fulham since December, but it will be interesting to how they react when they finally lose a game, usually people just tip the team currently doing well, that was Derby during December, they've now stumbled, and so Villa and Fulham are getting talked about after good runs, but there's so many games left to go, and points to play for, that by the end of the season it could be a completely different bunch of teams who are the main contenders, for second place, I'd say anyone down to Bradford (edit: sorry meant Brentford) in eleventh place still has a chance.

Last edited by a moderator:

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Bradford challenge us I'll really start worrying

T

Torcher

I think the only real threat to Wolves is if Cardiff suddenly recapture their early season form, Derby and Villa both capable of going on good runs and bad runs alike, and Fulham have left it too late.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the only real threat to Wolves is if Cardiff suddenly recapture their early season form, Derby and Villa both capable of going on good runs and bad runs alike, and Fulham have left it too late.
What's the villa consensus on Grabban? As you were linked with Afobe too, they a happy bunch or would of preferred Afobe? Obviously with our previous with him we mostly wanted him, especially if a choice between him and Grabban

D

Deleted member 3518

I've been saying Fulham since December, but it will be interesting to how they react when they finally lose a game, usually people just tip the team currently doing well, that was Derby during December, they've now stumbled, and so Villa and Fulham are getting talked about after good runs, but there's so many games left to go, and points to play for, that by the end of the season it could be a completely different bunch of teams who are the main contenders, for second place, I'd say anyone down to Bradford in eleventh place still has a chance.

What league we in?:confused:;)

Until recently would have liked Villa to get promoted with us, often travel with some great Villa fans from North Wales, but some of the **** coming out the club and social media has made me change my opinion, now Fulham for me.

T

Torcher

What's the villa consensus on Grabban? As you were linked with Afobe too, they a happy bunch or would of preferred Afobe? Obviously with our previous with him we mostly wanted him, especially if a choice between him and Grabban

I think most would have preferred Afobe, but happy enough with Grabban as he's been in form this season, and doesn't have a bad record overall in the championship.

What league we in?:confused:;) Until recently would have liked Villa to get promoted with us, often travel with some great Villa fans from North Wales, but some of the **** coming out the club and social media has made me change my opinion, now Fulham for me.

Although the ambition will be not to be relegation fodder next season, I think the best thing for Wolves would be for teams to go up who are most likely to come straight back down, you can also take a similar view of the relegation battle in the Premier league, which is of similar importance to Wolves looking ahead (whilst not counting chickens of course).

As for the social media, most clubs do it these days in attempt to go viral, and attract attention, some see it as fun, I personally can see how it can be seen as tedious.

D

Deleted member 3518

I think most would have preferred Afobe, but happy enough with Grabban as he's been in form this season, and doesn't have a bad record overall in the championship.

Although the ambition will be not to be relegation fodder next season, I think the best thing for Wolves would be for teams to go up who are most likely to come straight back down, you can also take a similar view of the relegation battle in the Premier league, which is of similar importance to Wolves looking ahead (whilst not counting chickens of course).

As for the social media, most clubs do it these days in attempt to go viral, and attract attention, some see it as fun, I personally can see how it can be seen as tedious.

Not seen the Wolves owners and management commenting on the Villa and their recruitment policies on MMS and social media, may be wrong, can you provide the links?

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But only by 2. 3 midlands clubs up, Relegation for the Albion

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Villa appear to have the easiest run in and us the most difficult with all those away games.
I reckon away games suit our place on the break. Bring it on!

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I disagree. I do not think we will be looking over our shoulder at all next season, so don’t care too much who is promoted from the Champ and relegated from the Prem.

Back
Top Bottom